• Wilfred Zaha

• Douglas Costa

• David Neres

• Suso

• Hirving Lozano

• Steven Bergwijn

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForestRGoinUp

At the right age so he would be great in terms of experience. Dont think Sancho will fire us to a title. Griez can press and is at the top of his game. Griez and Martial upfront as split strikers with Pogba behind them would be a solid strike partnership. Lukaku or Sanchez or both of them should leave this summer. In that case we definitely need an experienced player. If Ole wants to play with a trio we would also need another striker. We need someone who can provide that instant quality, we expected Sanchez to do that. Martial and co. Will benefit greatly from playing with Griezmann. If we can add Griez, a DM, CB, and a fullback we will have a squad ready to challenge, providing we keep DDG of course.
Yep, Sanchez was certainly expected to fill a similar role to Ribery/Robben, but that just ain't happening. Think it would be silly to spunk it all on more youthful exuberance. Our attack needs someone at the very top of their game, not another one to be thrown out alongside Rashford and Martial so the three of them can be looking at each other like "hmmm, who are we looking for here? who is supposed to take this game over?" If we go Sancho, then Rashford (by his nature) will assume that role. But even his most ardent supporters should admit he's got too many gaps in his game to do that.

I don't actually expect us to get any of these, but it's someone like Griezmann, Hazard, Dybala that needs to be added to Martial, Rashford and Lukaku assuming he stays.

I'd even add Son from Spurs possibly before Sancho - though I am not saying Son belongs in the group above.

deadrevelz

why won't he attract other clubs this year? You think you're just going to have a free run at him?
I never said he wouldn't attract other clubs, but we are in greatest need of him, would probably offer the most and currently most reports link United. That will change, which is why if there is a chance we should try to sign him quickly. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that.

NoPace

How good has Rebic been this season ?
The numbers suggest very good but not outstanding. 30th best player in the league according to Whoscored. His teammate Kostic is very much a straight line player but a produtive left-footed left winger, I wonder if he could become a really high level goalscorer on his opposite wing, or if it would just rob him of his crossing ability.

The other RW that comes to mind as a backup plan for Sancho in the Bundesliga is Thorgen Hazard. Plays mostly on the right, will hit double digits in both goals and assists and according to some thing I just read "Hazard averaged a league-high 31 sprints per match and has also covered more ground last season than any other player on his team at 11.7km/per match)." He's the right age (26 this month) to come in and produce immediately. Seems to lack his brother's explosive dribbling style but make good decisions in the final third, so still seems like an upgrade on what we have know, and a markedly different player than Lukaku or Dalot, who as of now seem like the backup options at RW for next year assuming we find a RW. And more of a winger than Lingard, who I think is really a central player.

sam147

Yep, Sanchez was certainly expected to fill a similar role to Ribery/Robben, but that just ain't happening. Think it would be silly to spunk it all on more youthful exuberance. Our attack needs someone at the very top of their game, not another one to be thrown out alongside Rashford and Martial so the three of them can be looking at each other like "hmmm, who are we looking for here? who is supposed to take this game over?" If we go Sancho, then Rashford (by his nature) will assume that role. But even his most ardent supporters should admit he's got too many gaps in his game to do that.

I don't actually expect us to get any of these, but it's someone like Griezmann, Hazard, Dybala that needs to be added to Martial, Rashford and Lukaku assuming he stays.

I'd even add Son from Spurs possibly before Sancho - though I am not saying Son belongs in the group above.
That is clearly one of the reasons why Rashford starts to go on stupid runs and takes a shot from silly positions whenever we are a goal down, he thinks it is all down to him. In a way he is not to blame as he was promoted very early and doesnt have experience around him. However, his movement is not great, he hardly utilises his best asset (crosses), his decision making is poor, very inconsistent 1v1 and his finishing is one dimensional in how he strikes the ball and how he scored 9/10 goals with his right foot. Griezmann or Dybala to play RW would be perfect. Our RW seems to come narrow, Mata/Lingard go narrow to link play. However, players with more ability like Dybala can both link play but also take players on and play as extra forwards in the box. I dont want to say you cant win anything with kids, but in a way it is true, you need a solid core of experience before you add the youth talent. Dybala edges it for me over Griez even with his poor form this season, 9 goals and 6 assists while our option at RW Lingard has 4 goals and 2 assists.

RU Devil

Griezmann is the player that our attack is missing. I've been trying to think who in Europe would be most similar to Ribery/Robben when Bayern signed them, and I think it is him. Griezmann brings goals, assists, craft and experience in the biggest of games - all things that the rest of our attackers lack. Sancho or some of these other young ones would be fun, but our attack is not lacking in youth. It's lacking in nous and guile. If we add Sancho then we still just have a young unproven attack, without any real leader (don't say Rashford).

Let's fire up the Griezzou train again.
After reading this, I thought "is Robben available?" Not as a nailed on starter but a bit of a stopgap, helping to tutor Chong et al, then maybe work a deal with Borrussia & sign Sancho for a bit cheaper but for the 2020/2021 season, allowing him to get more PT in the Bundesliga ( a la Keita).

Robben still has it, but injuries curtailed his season, plus he'd be on a free. Seriously don't think Griez is worth the hassle, plus he's annoyed a good portion of our user base.

Devil may care

Robben's too old and too brittle for the PL, he's no fool either, he'll get big money playing somewhere easy, he's not coming to the most physical league in Europe to get kicked around at 35.

Cloud7

Someone fast and direct would be nice.

Most players on that list I haven’t watched for more than about five minutes, if so much.

Sancho or Lozano for me.

Fosu-Mens

Someone fast and direct would be nice.

Most players on that list I haven’t watched for more than about five minutes, if so much.

Sancho or Lozano for me.
We already have fast and direct players in Martial, Rashford and Lukaku. With Rashford and Martial starting, then people want another "end product" player like Lozano... Then all the creating would fall on Pogba again, and teams will continue/increase their man marking on him and we will struggle.

Sancho fit both boxes, as he is a creator and able to be the one finishing the attack. The problem is that he is unlikely to move clubs, unless he acts like Dembele did and forces a transfer and we pay £100+++. Seeing as Sancho seems like a professional and with a sensible head on his shoulders, he will most likely stay for another season at Westfallen.

Only two players on that list that can be called creators are Suso and Sancho, others are end product players like Martial and Rashford. With Sancho unlikely to move clubs, we should go for a low risk option like Suso. Relatively cheap, can sit wide and drift centrally (like our RW usually does), knows how to lead an attack (does it for Milan), can take set pieces instead of Shaw and Young +++.

MrSingh2002

Sancho seems to be physically elite and also has a great footballing brain. No brainer if we can get him. Failing him I'd go with Zaha who has unfinished business here as he wasn't given a real chance the first time. Premier League proven aswell.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Zaha definitely isn't the right option

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We have a wide goalscorer on the left in Martial, I'd like to see a very creative wide player on the right who can also score, but will mainly add a lot of creativity, someone in the mould of Hazard. Any players out there that fit that bill?

Sancho seems the ideal type but I doubt he is available this summer, and he also has only one season under his belt

Patrick08

Agree.
Also fitness is an issue, Ole has said plenty he wants the intensity in play / pressing etc to be high, but we really have not trained as a team to sustain this level of intensity. I think that is also having an effect on our play.
Agreeing with yourself?:lol:

sam147

Let's go all out for Sancho, if not the next best player for the right side I think is Hirving Lozano
Lozano? The guy who is putting up weak output in the dutch league. Thats an everton level signing. Actually even Everton go for better then that. Also will Sancho at 19 fire us to a title? Especially when playing with Martial and Rashford. Whens the last time a trio that young and inconsistent won a title? If we sign a consistent experienced striker like Icardi then Sancho would work. However, adding Sancho to our already inconsistent strike force wont do him any good. We need a Griezmann in our attack. The problem we face is building a young team while having very average peak players like Lingard, Jones and co. If we do go for the youth route then we wont challenge for the next 3-4 years.

deafepl

Smalling and Young need to replace with new RB and CB, and RW position needs to be upgraded this summer. Lindelof and CB have to push higher for us to get close to the goalpost.

Just shoot me

David Neres made some impact for Brazil last night. He was just what they needed to beat the Czech. One assist and a clever backheel that ended up in their third goal.

NoPace

Watched Barca-Villareal and Malcolm looked really sharp. If he keeps playing well I imagine he'll stay at Barca but I wish we'd signed him, would have given us a proper RW this year.

Chukwueze (19) played as the right sided striker in a sort of 3-5-2 for Villareal and looked very promising as a left-footed dribbler, but it was the kind of role a Rashford or Martial could play more than the sort of creative RW we need.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
That Nigerian youth RWRW wiza with that God-level YouTube clip discussed before. Doesn't even look real some of the stuff he shows. Plays in La Liga, much footage against the Spanish big two in his YT comp.

Of course, I have no idea if he is actually any good.

Edit:

Here he is.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/samuel-chukwueze/profil/spieler/401922

Last edited:

GledTheRed

Tarrou

Tarrou

No idea.

Villareal, United tax, young, probably translates to 50m in todays market?
yeah sounds about right

the issue with a signing like this though is if our plan is to get Sancho eventually (lets say next summer) it will block that, but we 100% need a right winger this summer. Maybe we can find someone versatile enough to play 2/3 positions

Fosu-Mens

yeah sounds about right

the issue with a signing like this though is if our plan is to get Sancho eventually (lets say next summer) it will block that, but we 100% need a right winger this summer. Maybe we can find someone versatile enough to play 2/3 positions
We need 3 quality wingers in the long run regardless.
Think Sancho should be put off until next season as well, since we cannot spend 50% of our budget on one position with the amount off issues we need to fix with the squad.

Its a long way to the top

I voted Zaha, as good as Sancho is... 100 million for a player who is playing his first full season, perhaps we give him one more in Germany, to make sure he lives up to the hype.

Zaha would come back with a point to prove , can play anywhere across the front 3 and have proved to score goals and get assists in the premiership.
Definitely bring back Zaha. I think United has buy back in his contract also.

NoPace

I've mentioned Ziyech a few times as a RW/10 option if we can't get Sancho, as he's a creative type who would be the sort of player I think might alleviate the creativity issues we have and could play as a false 9/10 behind 2 strikers in that diamond we've used at times, but he's got his flaws, sort of similar to Di Maria in some ways and thought this Arsenal fan summed up his strengths and weaknesses better than I could.

Bayern are said to be in for him, he might fit better there all in all as they need some mobility from a player like him real badly.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Would prefer Sancho, but if we’re looking at backup plans... how much would it cost to pry Son Heung-Min away from spurs?

Devil may care

I've mentioned Ziyech a few times as a RW/10 option if we can't get Sancho, as he's a creative type who would be the sort of player I think might alleviate the creativity issues we have and could play as a false 9/10 behind 2 strikers in that diamond we've used at times, but he's got his flaws, sort of similar to Di Maria in some ways and thought this Arsenal fan summed up his strengths and weaknesses better than I could.

Bayern are said to be in for him, he might fit better there all in all as they need some mobility from a player like him real badly.
He's talented but I think he might be a bit lightweight for the PL and by that I mean I don't see him fancying it, as we've seen plenty of smaller players find their feet here, but I think he'd get clattered a couple of times and go into his shell like Di Maria.

Would prefer Sancho, but if we’re looking at backup plans... how much would it cost to pry Son Heung-Min away from spurs?
Dealing with Levy would be even harder than dealing with Dortmund.

Kweku Amonoo

Maybe we don't need a RW. If Ole persists with his 4-4-2 diamond formation, maybe we just need to sign a very creative false nine to play in stead of Lingard with Martial and Rashford up top. My pick would be Joao Felix. He's such an amazing talent. Caresses the ball and so so creative. Also has good finishing to boot. He can play on either wing too, if need be We've been linked with him. We should go all out for him. He's better than Sancho, imo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Anyone knows how good Thauvin is now. I know he was bad at Newcastle but how good and consistent is he at Marseille. He seems fed up with the club

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe we don't need a RW. If Ole persists with his 4-4-2 diamond formation, maybe we just need to sign a very creative false nine to play in stead of Lingard with Martial and Rashford up top. My pick would be Joao Felix. He's such an amazing talent. Caresses the ball and so so creative. Also has good finishing to boot. He can play on either wing too, if need be We've been linked with him. We should go all out for him. He's better than Sancho, imo.
I think the same thing too that we either sign Sancho to play 4-3-3 or Felix to play the diamond since both have the same level potential and would cost similar amount of money