• David Neres

• Suso

• Hirving Lozano

• Steven Bergwijn

Results are only viewable after voting.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
My choice would still be Ounas. Maybe a loan with an option to sign. Sancho is too expensive for us to blow our budget on. I would rather we blow our budget on João Felix.
Ounas isn’t quick enough IMO he’s technically good on the ball but after the first 5 yards he’s not got enough pace.

The best wingers in the PL at the moment all have one thing in common. Pace!

JoaquinJoaquin

If we couldn't get Sancho then I wouldn't mind us getting Zaha. He is a different, much more mature player now than the one we sold a few years ago. There is absolutely no reason why Zaha couldn't contribute for us like Mane does for Liverpool coming from Southampton.

Alot of those names on that poll i'd be against:

- Thauvin was shockingly bad at Newcastle and is a dressing room bad influence, we have enough of those already.
- Suso is a good player, but not at that level we need to be at.
- Chiesa wouldn't work in the system that Ole likes to play, so that would be another squandered transfer, as much as I think he has alot of potential.
- Douglas Costa, No thanks.
- Cengiz Under, One of the players I enjoy watching the most in Serie A, But he blows hot and cold too much. We have too many of those players already.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we couldn't get Sancho then I wouldn't mind us getting Zaha. He is a different, much more mature player now than the one we sold a few years ago. There is absolutely no reason why Zaha couldn't contribute for us like Mane does for Liverpool coming from Southampton.

Alot of those names on that poll i'd be against:

- Thauvin was shockingly bad at Newcastle and is a dressing room bad influence, we have enough of those already.
- Suso is a good player, but not at that level we need to be at.
- Chiesa wouldn't work in the system that Ole likes to play, so that would be another squandered transfer, as much as I think he has alot of potential.
- Douglas Costa, No thanks.
- Cengiz Under, One of the players I enjoy watching the most in Serie A, But he blows hot and cold too much. We have too many of those players already.
Why? Genuine question.

Kaglish10

Ounas isn’t quick enough IMO he’s technically good on the ball but after the first 5 yards he’s not got enough pace.

The best wingers in the PL at the moment all have one thing in common. Pace!
Looks pacy to me. Not as blistering as Mane but good enough.

His performance against frosinone was really top notch. He had two cracker shots in that match and scored one from it. His shots looks to be lethal and deadly. It's still a misery why Ancelotti prefers 32yrs old Callejon to him considering Ounas' work rate looks good too. He was the only player that looked top quality for the few minutes he came on against Arsenal in Napoli's first leg match. Anyway, Ancelotti is known to not trust young players. I could recall him almost destroying Verratti's confidence at PSG but Verratti was just too good to be ignored.

Gambia

Vs Juventus

Vs Benin

Sassuolo

Frosinone

AC Milan:

JoaquinJoaquin

Why? Genuine question.
Because as talented as he is, he isn't a right winger in the traditional sense, he is more of a inside forward. He's most often seen centrally wondering in a free role with Fiorentina and he wouldn't get that freedom here, especially while we have Pogba.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because as talented as he is, he isn't a right winger in the traditional sense, he is more of a inside forward. He's most often seen centrally wondering in a free role with Fiorentina and he wouldn't get that freedom here, especially while we have Pogba.
True, but he could play the Lingard role based on what I’ve seen of him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Looks pacy to me. Not as blistering as Mane but good enough.

His performance against frosinone was really top notch. He had two cracker shots in that match and scored one from it. His shots looks to be lethal and deadly. It's still a misery why Ancelotti prefers 32yrs old Callejon to him considering Ounas' work rate looks good too. He was the only player that looked top quality for the few minutes he came on against Arsenal in Napoli's first leg match. Anyway, Ancelotti is known to not trust young players. I could recall him almost destroying Verratti's confidence at PSG but Verratti was just too good to be ignored.

Gambia

Vs Juventus

Vs Benin

Sassuolo

Frosinone

AC Milan:
He’s not pacey though. All the examples of his play in the videos shows a player who is technically good but to succeed in the PL as a winger you need pace. Ounas isn’t the type of winger to make a penetrating run in behind he is more aloof a carrier with defenders in front of him.

Mane
Salah
Sterling
Fraser
Son
Sane
Zaha

All have pace.

The only player of similar speed to Ounas is Hazard (but he looks quicker and is far greater technically).

I really don’t think he’s the answer to what we need.

Kaglish10

He’s not pacey though. All the examples of his play in the videos shows a player who is technically good but to succeed in the PL as a winger you need pace. Ounas isn’t the type of winger to make a penetrating run in behind he is more aloof a carrier with defenders in front of him.

Mane
Salah
Sterling
Fraser
Son
Sane
Zaha

All have pace.

The only player of similar speed to Ounas is Hazard (but he looks quicker and is far greater technically).

I really don’t think he’s the answer to what we need.
I really don't think Zaha, Fraser, Salah speed of dribbling around the opponent are as great as that of Ounas. And that's one of the reason they tend to lose the ball often because they tend to slow down whenever they try to manoeuvre their ways past the opponent which helps to give the opponent enough time to catch on them in comparison to the likes of Hazard, Ribery, Mahrez and even Mane/Son/Sterling/Sane (although Mane/Son/Sterling/Sane have better speed than the aforementioned) who have got high speed at which they run at defenders and not just running into space like Sanchez, Zaha, Salah seems to love doing.

I really don't fancy the kick and run style of some of the wingers you made mention of. Personally, I think the hallmarks of a winger lies in his quickness (acceleration) to evade defenders coupled with his agility to easily change his direction while running on the ball and this helps to confuse defenders and open up more space to operate as well as the speed at which he dribbles. In a much lesser space like a possession based style/against a team that park the bus, a winger won't have the space to operate even if he's an Usain bolt hence he will have to constantly rely on his acceleration, agility, dribbling speed and quality techniques of course. All these I find in Ounas. If you watched the clip above, you would realise, his opponent were parking the bus most of the time he was against them.

His speed looks great also. For example, the Benin match, where they have to constantly hack him down because they couldn't contain his speed. Or the AC Milan match at 1.53 of the clip where a Milan player who already started his run in front of Ounas couldn't meet up after Ounas went past him. Juve players couldn't contain him as well despite the little spaces left on the field of play. And I also saw him against Arsenal, albeit for few mins but Arsenal players were forced back as soon as he was on the pitch yet he still had his way past them. I think he was the only Napoli's forward that made an attempted shot on goal. Anyway, I wouldn't mind to have him on a loan with an option to sign permanently.

Also Sancho for example, doesn't have the enormous speed of the aforementioned players nor is his dribling speed as great but his acceleration, agility and techniques are fantastic hence he had no difficulty going past defenders when compared to someone like Depay who doesn't have the acceleration, agility nor the dribble speed to manoeuvre around defenders. He has to depend on the amount of space given to him whenever a counter attacking situation comes up and even at that, he doesn't have the speed to constantly exploit it unlike Salah, Zaha, Fraser hence why he's better deployed through the middle.

NoPace

If we can't get Sancho, I'd be optimistic about Malcolm becoming a very good RW here and the 40M price doesn't look so scary.

r0663664

Worships Man City
If we can't get Sancho, I'd be optimistic about Malcolm becoming a very good RW here and the 40M price doesn't look so scary.
Yes, 21 yo Brazilian at 40mil is hard to come by. I think he fit anywhere is the front 3.

Cheekiey

Yes, 21 yo Brazilian at 40mil is hard to come by. I think he fit anywhere is the front 3.
Haven't seen much of him this season tbh, whebewhe I've watch Barca he's never started or came off the bench, is he a hard worker? Track back?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's not impressed for Barcelona. Isn't even that quick really. Need someone more electric. You're all so concerned with price and yet feel we have average options.

King Andow

Rocknrolla69er

He's not pacey, he's like Lingard "fast", more of a CAM. We need real wingers now, the ones who can beat their man, not another Mata.
Its his creativity from wide areas that interest me, doesnt always have to be beating his man to create goals

Last edited:

NoPace

He's not impressed for Barcelona. Isn't even that quick really. Need someone more electric. You're all so concerned with price and yet feel we have average options.
We need young, hungry and talented players, and he does tick all those boxes.

On another note, and not a particularly serious scouting one, I watched a clip of all of Thauvin's Ligue 1 goals from last year and they looked totally unlikely to translate to the Prem. More headers than I would have thought. Clever movement in the box, but considering how little we actually get the ball into dangerous positions like that, I'd have real doubts unless we bought Eriksen and Koulibaly and a skilled RB or something and kept Pogba and Ole had us playing progressive football where we pressed high, had the ball a lot and suddenly started pinning teams back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need young, hungry and talented players, and he does tick all those boxes.

On another note, and not a particularly serious scouting one, I watched a clip of all of Thauvin's Ligue 1 goals from last year and they looked totally unlikely to translate to the Prem. More headers than I would have thought. Clever movement in the box, but considering how little we actually get the ball into dangerous positions like that, I'd have real doubts unless we bought Eriksen and Koulibaly and a skilled RB or something and kept Pogba and Ole had us playing progressive football where we pressed high, had the ball a lot and suddenly started pinning teams back.
Malcolm doesn't look that talented to me.

NoPace

Malcolm doesn't look that talented to me.
Fair enough. I think he looks like a good bet to get goals from the right wing, but yeah he doesn't leap off the screen like a Sancho or Dembele type. I'm not sure who, apart from Sancho, I'd bet my life on doing the business for us on the right that we could actually sign.

SambaBoy

Is Felipe Anderson not an option? I know we were linked with him a lot when he was at Lazio. The few times I have seen him for West Ham, he has looked very dangerous and a step up from the rest of the players but some of the times he has been playing mostly on the left. He's had a year to settle in the Premiership now and is probably interested at testing himself at a higher level.

From the list, Sancho would definitely be my first choice but I can see him staying at Dortmund for another season. If there's any chance of getting him, we should be all over it. Young, super talented and English.

Lozano would be an interesting option. Can't see I watch PSV much but from the reports and clips I have seen, he's seems a very talented player with room to improve. It's always a risk signing players from the Dutch League but he has performed internationally and in the Mexican league as well, and wouldn't break the bank.

Douglas Costa would be a poor choice, too inconsistent and has hopped from big club to big club over the last few years.

Spotkick

Get Ziyech, can also play as a nmbr 10...wouldnt cost us 50 million neither

Fer

Sancho is definitely the favorite option. But, who would you sign as LW? (in case we sell Martial)

Dolf

Ffs have you actually followed Ziyech all season? First of all he's not even a real winger, please let's not go there again or we might as well play Lingard there again. Also he goes missing at times.
Good as a squad option instead of Mata but that's about it

Macern

Pee pee pants
Ffs have you actually followed Ziyech all season? First of all he's not even a real winger, please let's not go there again or we might as well play Lingard there again. Also he goes missing at times.
Good as a squad option instead of Mata but that's about it
His best and most productive season has been this season as a right winger.

Dolf

His best and most productive season has been this season as a right winger.
Starting him from the right doesn't make him a winger. It's Ajax' system that makes him play well but in any other team he would be better as a 10.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brooks and Sancho

Or Brooks and Pepe

Fer

Pulisic and Bailey were the favorites last season, what happened with Bailey?

Beaucoup

Is Felipe Anderson not an option? I know we were linked with him a lot when he was at Lazio. The few times I have seen him for West Ham, he has looked very dangerous and a step up from the rest of the players but some of the times he has been playing mostly on the left. He's had a year to settle in the Premiership now and is probably interested at testing himself at a higher level.

From the list, Sancho would definitely be my first choice but I can see him staying at Dortmund for another season. If there's any chance of getting him, we should be all over it. Young, super talented and English.

Lozano would be an interesting option. Can't see I watch PSV much but from the reports and clips I have seen, he's seems a very talented player with room to improve. It's always a risk signing players from the Dutch League but he has performed internationally and in the Mexican league as well, and wouldn't break the bank.

Douglas Costa would be a poor choice, too inconsistent and has hopped from big club to big club over the last few years.
Lozano might be the one, right age, right price, can operate on both wings and I believe he works incredibly hard.

Nick.

I think Sancho can now be ruled out without the CL. We could be looking at Hirving Lozano or Steven Bergwijn if we get somebody for RW at all. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind Lozano.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At this point, I think Brooks would be attainable and realistic. I can’t see us getting Sancho. Chiesa doesn’t seem to be of interest.

In Rainbows

I think Sancho can now be ruled out without the CL. We could be looking at Hirving Lozano or Steven Bergwijn if we get somebody for RW at all. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind Lozano.
Don't think Sancho would care about CL. Feels like he cares more about his game time/development.

Silas

Can't imagine him caring too much about missing a year of the CL at this point in his career.