• Wilfred Zaha

• Douglas Costa

• David Neres

• Suso

• Hirving Lozano

• Steven Bergwijn

Results are only viewable after voting.

marktan

So with us spending £85m on Maguire, that's probably our window done and the answer is nobody.

Defensively we've improved but in attack we're going to struggle. Lingard or Mata to play RW again.. boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Patrick08

So with us spending £85m on Maguire, that's probably our window done and the answer is nobody.

Defensively we've improved but in attack we're going to struggle. Lingard or Mata to play RW again.. boggles the mind.
Treat Dybala as one if that happens .

marktan

Treat Dybala as one if that happens .
He's a no.10 / striker though, he'd be about as useful as Mata if played on the RW.

Funnily enough if Lukaku had stamina he'd actually be a good option on the right.

StrettyEnder07

If Dybala says yes, I would imagine he will play as an inside forward on the right as he is left footed and will more than likely inter change at will with Rashford.

Or play as a 10 if we play a diamond.

If he says yes of course

StrettyEnder07

He's a no.10 / striker though, he'd be about as useful as Mata if played on the RW.

Funnily enough if Lukaku had stamina he'd actually be a good option on the right.
Not sure on this, pace, tricks, great final ball, hard working, great left peg, a fluid interchanging front 3 of Martial Rash and Dybala could be lethal.

As useful as Mata on the right, wtf

Patrick08

He is, but we are business first and football quality is second priority.

marktan

Not sure on this, pace, tricks, great final ball, hard working, great left peg, a fluid interchanging front 3 of Martial Rash and Dybala could be lethal.

As useful as Mata on the right, wtf
Pace and tricks? Not any time I've seen him in the CL.

StrettyEnder07

Pace and tricks? Not any time I've seen him in the CL.
Not sure what games you have been watching then, seen quite a bit of Dybala, very good balance, low centre of gravity, not sure where you are getting that he is slow from, baffling.

Can finish with either foot, coming up to his prime, has scored a number of great goals cutting in from the right onto his left foot.

Jesus what else do you want

marktan

There you go, knock yourself out
Christ what was the video meant to show me? I watched the first 5 minutes and there was not one single actual forward dribble with pace or dribbling skills, just a lot of going sideways and backwards and little flicks. In a youtube video that's meant to show his selected best bits it's a bit ridiculous really.

If anything all that video's shown me is that he has an alarming similarity to Juan Mata. The RW forwards of the world.. Salah, Bernado, Sterling, Moura, Son etc, all can beat a man at pace. Dybala cannot.

If Juve were offering Douglas Costa actually in exchange for Lukaku I'd be biting their hands, the exact sort of player we need right now.

Fer

Christ what was the video meant to show me? I watched the first 5 minutes and there was not one single actual forward dribble with pace or dribbling skills, just a lot of going sideways and backwards and little flicks. In a youtube video that's meant to show his selected best bits it's a bit ridiculous really.

If anything all that video's shown me is that he has an alarming similarity to Juan Mata. The RW forwards of the world.. Salah, Bernado, Sterling, Moura, Son etc, all can beat a man at pace. Dybala cannot.

If Juve were offering Douglas Costa actually in exchange for Lukaku I'd be biting their hands, the exact sort of player we need right now.
Besides Son, the players you mentioned play in a different position compared with Dybala. IMO we should compare Dybala with second strikers / false 9s like Griezmann, Felix, Firminho, etc.

But you are right, he can't beat a man at pace. That's one of his limitations, we need to focus on his strengths. For that reason, he is better in the center than playing wide as a winger.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City

I'd disagree that Dybala isn't fast, faster than Bernardo, and that all wingers must be lightning quick - see (young) Ribery, Draxler, Mahrez.

But even if your criticisms were correct, couldn't Dybala then play an Eriksen-type role?

In any case Dybala naturally drifts out to the right no matter his starting position so if combined with Wan-Bissaka's incredible overlapping pace that would solve your right wing problem would it not?

marktan

Besides Son, the players you mentioned play in a different position compared with Dybala. IMO we should compare Dybala with second strikers / false 9s like Griezmann, Felix, Firminho, etc.

But you are right, he can't beat a man at pace. That's one of his limitations, we need to focus on his strengths. For that reason, he is better in the center than playing wide as a winger.
For his position, I'm happy enough with him especially if it's a trade for Lukaku given how he stunk up the place last year. But we need a RW - we have enough options for the striker role currently and we don't really play with a no.10, the trend has been largely to play with a front 3 nowadays. RW is an area of the field we've neglected, and it makes our attack easy to suss out because oppositions can pretty much forget about needing to defend that right hand side.

I'd disagree that Dybala isn't fast, faster than Bernardo, and that all wingers must be lightning quick - see (young) Ribery, Draxler, Mahrez.

But even if your criticisms were correct, couldn't Dybala then play an Eriksen-type role?

In any case Dybala naturally drifts out to the right no matter his starting position so if combined with Wan-Bissaka's incredible overlapping pace that would solve your right wing problem would it not?
Your are correct - Bernado for instance I didn't think was that great, but the lad can dribble and is very technical. He's helped by Pep's system but he's hard working and would be a great player for any team on the RW. Ditto Ribery. Mahrez I would count as pacey, and Draxler I would count alongside the James Rodriques, Iscos etc's of the world - good with the ball at their feet but struggle to start for their teams because of similar limitations - they struggle to beat a man consistently / lack pace / don't make runs in behind.

Now Dybala could turn out to be the like Bernado / Ribery - I haven't watched him much outside of CL matches - but from what I've seen the fact that he can't beat a man will have him be similar to Mata / Lingard already - good work rate, good / decent technique, but when they get the ball they slow things down or have to pass the ball sideways / backwards.

Most of the top teams now have at least one wide forward that can consistently beat a man with pace, it keeps defenders pegged back. We pretty much have none considering Martial is inconsistent / might play as a CF this year.

Jules_T

Most of the top teams now have at least one wide forward that can consistently beat a man with pace, it keeps defenders pegged back. We pretty much have none considering Martial is inconsistent / might play as a CF this year.
I agree, it's a good option in a top team. I suppose we have James, but as yet unproven at the top level.

He showed promise in pre-season. Let's hope he can step up to the next level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They’re not the only ones reporting it though. See for yourself online.
The main source is unreliable though right. Was posted in the twitter thread already

StrettyEnder07

FML you watch that video and you come up with he is the exact same as Juan Mata!!! Jesus wept, clueless does not even come into it.

Well you have your wish, Lingard and Mata fighting it out for a starting berth on Sunday, the Argentinian Mata is staying at Juve so you don't have to worry about all those top class finishes, link up play, low centre of gravity, assists etc.

Roll on Jesse tearing it up.

Also, Bernardo Silva and pace? Really

marktan

FML you watch that video and you come up with he is the exact same as Juan Mata!!! Jesus wept, clueless does not even come into it.

Well you have your wish, Lingard and Mata fighting it out for a starting berth on Sunday, the Argentinian Mata is staying at Juve so you don't have to worry about all those top class finishes, link up play, low centre of gravity, assists etc.

Roll on Jesse tearing it up.

Also, Bernardo Silva and pace? Really
Maybe use your eyes once in a while to judge a player, not just hype based off a name of a player that was hyped as a youngster but faded somewhat. There's a reason he's consistently benched by both Juve and Argentina - see that highlights video and you'll see why. All those attributes you described apply exactly to Mata too.

Regardless a RW he is not. Don't give me that rubbish about wanting to see Lingard and Mata on the RW, ive been moaning for about 3 seasons now about getting a top quality RW as our main priority to replace them.

StrettyEnder07

Maybe use your eyes once in a while to judge a player, not just hype based off a name of a player that was hyped as a youngster but faded somewhat. There's a reason he's consistently benched by both Juve and Argentina - see that highlights video and you'll see why. All those attributes you described apply exactly to Mata too.

Regardless a RW he is not. Don't give me that rubbish about wanting to see Lingard and Mata on the RW, ive been moaning for about 3 seasons now about getting a top quality RW as our main priority to replace them.
Faded somewhat? Had ONE whole poor season when he fell out with the manager and the system in place, constantly benched when he played 24 games in the league last year, 26 the year before and 26 the year before that? Hardly constantly sitting on the bench is he Einstein.

Mata in his prime did have a lot of the same characteristics but not anymore, he can't come in from the right hand side as has been proved, whereas Dybala as an inside forward could easily do, you don't think he has pace or any skill/tricks to beat a man, haha that's your opinion, I completely disagree but not gonna sit here and try and persuade you otherwise as quite simply, could not give a feck whether you agree with me or not, lets be honest, your opinion means pretty much sod all to me.

Have you been moaning for 3 seasons about a RW have you? How the hell have I missed all that season as I follow your caf history on a daily basis haha

Lee565

Our right wing so bad that it also somewhat takes attention away from how average our left wing is as well with basically only martial being the only real option on that wing than can pose some threat to the opposition but only shows up for about 15 games spread over a whole season in all competitions.

Bojan11

Have a terrible feeling Ashley Young will be playing right wing this season.

luke511

Whilst we have an imbalanced attack with no proper right winger/forward we'll carry on being tactically limited against good opposition. We must be putting all our eggs in the Sancho basket for next summer to ignore such a glaring issue.

Judas

Open to offers
Whilst we have an imbalanced attack with no proper right winger/forward we'll carry on being tactically limited against good opposition. We must be putting all our eggs in the Sancho basket for next summer to ignore such a glaring issue.
Fans certainly are putting all our eggs in that basket, but we've got no chance of landing him next summer with our current squad as it is.

Bojan11

Since he hasn’t played there one sec in preseason?
All it takes is one or two injuries and our captain fantastic will be there. We not really blessed with a lot of wingers. Pretty sure Solskjaer played him there a few times last season.

reddevilchennai

Let me the first to tell that there will be a new thread in a year saying Summer 2020 left winger.

Thats how average our left wing options are too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea-Cow

He can't cross the ball.... I think Greenwood may feature a lot more than anticipated.
Who would he cross it to? Rashford and Martial usually drift out wide to try to get involved. Against Milan on Saturday the only ones making runs in the box were Mata and Pereria!

StrettyEnder07

Thank god Spurs are going for Dybala, we don't have to watch the Argentinian Mata running around OT, looking forward to seeing his paceless, trickless self trying to turn it on for Spurs, I am sure he will show us all just what you were saying and be a right waste of time and money.

In other news though, we are now linked with Llorente, that should be fun hey!

Spielmacher

I tactically waited until now to vote in the poll, to make the choice easier, because most players already transferred to other clubs. Call me Woodward.

marktan

Thank god Spurs are going for Dybala, we don't have to watch the Argentinian Mata running around OT, looking forward to seeing his paceless, trickless self trying to turn it on for Spurs, I am sure he will show us all just what you were saying and be a right waste of time and money.

In other news though, we are now linked with Llorente, that should be fun hey!
Why are you quoting the same post again, grow up ffs.

StrettyEnder07

Why are you quoting the same post again, grow up ffs.
Gotta keep you in the loop, thought you would be buzzing that Spurs might be wasting 60+ million quid on a player who by all accounts is dogshit, passing on the good news!

I'm sure Mata will smash him though with assists/goals etc. looking forward to it.