Summer 2021 - we have to spend!!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously just 2 or 3 real world talents and we're contenders next season

Dont let us down Glazers/Woodward

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah, Ole has developed the business case for real investment. Please don’t let this summer slip by.

RedDevilRoshi

100%. 2-3 very good/world class additions would go a huge way to closing the gap to City and really fulfilling our potential.

Although part of me just thinks we ain’t gonna do much this summer unfortunately. Just basing this on past experiences which is why I’m going in with low expectations. Hope I’m proven wrong though.

Crustanoid

We need to bed them in early too.

I wish the Euros would get cancelled to be honest to give us a rest too

predator

Youth NITK
We say this every year to be honest.

Having said that, I do think we are as close to winning the league as we ever have been since SAF retired. We are improving.

ROFLUTION

The Euros will come and the broadest squad with the most quality in width will win.

So yeah, City will win it again

90 + 5min

We need to do as we are doing. No rushing into anything. No Sancho or Mbappe or 139 trillion deals or anything like that. Players should be bought for the sake of team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We say this every year to be honest.

Having said that, I do think we are as close to winning the league as we ever have been since SAF retired. We are improving.
Still a way behind City, in my opinion and it is still a two-year project. Next year has to be about a title race, even if we ultimately fall a bit short.

That’s not what I want to happen, but what I think is more realistic.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Spend and spend wisely. We are not far away and need some smart investment.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Few talented kids and football grandpa, that's what we'll sign... and then people will have a go at Ole because Pep will replace Aguero in the blink of an eye.

There's still some smart, sensible moves to be made on the market for reasonable price, but the club needs to scout the living dog piss out of the market and I'm sure we could scoop players with deep impact.

kidbob

Yeah we really do. A top striker, right wing and centre midfielder would transform this team, as long as we hold on to Pogba. However we won't and sadly we never will, so the best we can hope for is one great signing and that some of our many, very talented, youth players can develop into great players. I think there's a reason why we have tended to put so much funds into getting the likes of Hansen and Hannibal and more. At the very least we need to keep Pogba this year and add either a Rice or similar or a Haaland or Sancho. I don't trust us to even do that.

DSG

Unfortunately, I think we’re going to need to sell some players to raise funds if we want to bring in some quality into the first 11. Lingard helped us today, but we will need to sell Andreas, Dalot, Bailly and DeGea to have a shot at keeping Pogba and bringing in quality.

arthurka

They gave Ole benchwarmers and youth players last summer. If they would have given him two first team players a DM and a RW we would be challenging..

Get Ole some players and let's in the words of a great man Go for it!!!!

Last edited:

AKDevil

Four key positions, if two are strengthened with top quality somehow, it’s on next season. Part of me thinks Kane alone would be a game changer.

Crashoutcassius

Imagine if pogba cavani and ddg left to join Lukaku and Alexis in prior years who haven't been replaced. I love our young homegrown front line but we need an injection of quality now

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Adding 2-3 WC players would make any of the top 5 team a contender.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
agreed.

Sancho, trippier and a CDM to replace matic would be ideal.

big name striker in kane or haaland if possible, but obviously funds dependent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Agreed, feel like we were all saying this last summer too though :lol:

-Supreme-

It’s also important for Ole to use the squad, no use buying new players when he plays his first choice in majority of the games.

Mindhunter

Why start these threads when we always end in despair? No point raising expectations from the transfer market when all the evidence from the last seven years points to something else.

I don't know why we do this to ourselves. We are at most going to get 1 starting XI player and probably a cover at RB and that's it. If the right player is available then Matic's replacement.

Cathy Ferguson

If we get both Rice and Sancho we have had a great summer. More likely it will be Sancho and Trippier. Might get Varane or Kulusevski if Pogba wants out.

SAFMUTD

I hope this is not one of those classical cheap summers by the Glazzers when we dont spend after comfortably getting top 4.