Summer Sales 2020

Cathy Ferguson

So, it seems that several players will leave the club this summer so let us speculate a bit about what kind of transfer fees that we can expect post Corona. The sales and fees are often distorted/lowered since these players in general are on very high wages that no other club can match.

Jones 10m: Injury prone and on high wages.

Smalling 20m: Good defender, not injury prone but lacks ability and coolness on the ball. Might fetch a higher fee if sold to a PL club.

Rojo <5m: Apparently we have been trying to sell the guy for several years but he does not seem prepared to take a big pay-cut. Probably sold to Argentina for 5m or less.

Sanchez <5m: We would probably have to accept him leaving on a free transfer due to his ridiculous wages that we need to get rid of.

Lingard 25m: Out of form but a former England international should fetch at least 25m if a club such as Newcastle or West Ham are interested. He has a body type similar to Giggs which should allow for a lengthy career.

Dalot 15-20m: Young player with decent potential. Might be better suited as a wing back.

In total ca 75m which together with existing funds (70-100m?) will be used to sign a RW, a CB, and a striker, if rumours are to be believed.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So, it seems that several players will leave the club this summer so let us speculate a bit about what kind of transfer fees that we can expect post Corona. The sales and fees are often distorted/lowered since these players in general are on very high wages that no other club can match.

Smalling 20m: Good defender, not injury prone but lacks ability and coolness on the ball. Might fetch a higher fee if sold to a PL club.

Rojo <5m: Apparently we have been trying to sell the guy for several years but he does not seem prepared to take a big pay-cut. Probably sold to Argentina for 5m or less.

Sanchez <5m: We would probably have to accept him leaving on a free transfer due to his ridiculous wages that we need to get rid of.

Lingard 25m: Out of form but a former England international should fetch at least 25m if a club such as Newcastle or West Ham are interested. He has a body type similar to Giggs which should allow for a lengthy career.

Dalot 15-20m: Young player with decent potential. Might be better suited as a wing back.

In total ca 75m which together with existing funds (70-100m?) will be used to sign a RW, a CB, and a striker, if rumours are to be believed.
I'd put:
Jones 8M - injury risk
Smalling 17M - experience and prime years
Rojo 5M - PL Experience, international experience, not much else to drive his price up.
Sanchez 10-15M - Still can be world class on his day, price depends on his wages though, getting him off the wage bill saves United 15M+ a year to begin with.
Lingard 20M - Experience, a game changer when he shows up, PL experience, 27 years old. I wouldn't go higher than 20M
Dalot 10M - A wingback, far off his potential but 21 with some potential.

Then the rest of the money comes from things like CL finishing spot and how far the team gets into the Europa League.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lingard will be 10-15m million max... And that's 15 if we're lucky. His stock has totally dropped

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nobody outside England is buying Lingard for more than 20m.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think we can get more than that. He is English. Maybe a loan with option to buy?
Combine the fact that clubs won't have much to spend, plus the fact that he's done nothing for over a year... Can't see what club would pay 20m for him.

Rooney1987

Jones 5M
Smalling 15m
Rojo 5m
Sanchez 10m
Lingard 12m
Dalot 10m
I think is closer to what we'll get. Sanchez and Jones I'd even let go on a free if we can't get anything. Jones is on very high wages after not playing a lot, injury prone and just back from surgery. I'd be shocked if we got anything. I think considering we're selling Rojo/Smalling I think they'll keep Jones as 5th choice. Sanchez, based on wages he can go for nothing, but if rumours are try Inter might pay us something.

Nickelodeon

Who would want him for that long?

Varun1

Jones <£5m
Rojo <£5m
Smalling £15m-£18m + the additional loan fees on top
Dalot £10m-£15m closer to £15m imo
Lingard £15m-£20m
Sanchez Free

Are we sure the club should be selling Smalling?
If it’s just based on ability and being able to be on the pitch - then no.

But we won’t be finding buyers for Jones, Rojo or Bailly, all three of which should be out the door before Mike. However, we clearly need a new CB and he’s the only one who has any value and that we can shift.

RORY65

This is where we're struggling due to years of giving ridiculous contracts, Sanchez and Rojo in particular are on so much money that if we can just clear their wages that would be a result and any fee would be a bonus. Lingard feels a very Everton/West Ham type signing so we might be able to rinse them and clearly Smalling has interest so we should be able to get a decent fee for him (although the fee may have to be mostly deferred for a year). I don't know what you do with Jones (why would anyone buy a guy who is barely ever fit and isn't very good when he is?) and I'm not sure what interest there would be in Dalot who has done nothing so far, doesn't look like an elite full back in the making and has been very injury prone.

Jones 5M
Smalling 15m
Rojo 5m
Sanchez 10m
Lingard 12m
Dalot 10m
Jones - free
Smalling 15m
Rojo - free
Sanchez - free
Lingard £15m
Dalot - loan

That would be my guess. We won’t be getting a great deal from player sales this summer.

To be honest just getting rid of Jones, Rojo and Sanchez on free transfers and getting £15m each for Smalling and Lingard would be a very good summer.

Looks like Mata may be off as well, if he is, I expect that would be on a free as well.

DartMaverick

Supports
ManUtd
I'd sell all of them bar Dalot, but would add to the list Mata and of course Perreira

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Lingard, 27, could fetch the biggest fee and his situation is being monitored by a number of clubs in the Premier League and Europe. The England forward, who joined forces with Paul Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, last year, has struggled for form and confidence and fallen down the pecking order.
I think we can get 25-30M for Lingard.

Falcow

75m for all of those would be a great result. I wouldn't be upset if Smalling stayed mind you. The Southampton equaliser the other night wouldn't have gone in if he was on the pitch I think. But I'm also fine if he leaves.

Giving Mata a 2 year contract on astronomical wages was a mistake as even United have a limit on total squad wages. He is pretty useless these days unfortunately.

I would be concerned about our ability to bring new players in with no match day revenue, we just cant afford to pay Jones, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata and Lingard over £1m per week without match day revenue. Whatever it takes to move them on at this stage. Lingard and Jones are the only two might bring in a transfer fee.

Qualifying for the CL has never been more crucial for us.

Falcow

Jones - free
Smalling 15m
Rojo - free
Sanchez - free
Lingard £15m
Dalot - loan

That would be my guess. We won’t be getting a great deal from player sales this summer.

To be honest just getting rid of Jones, Rojo and Sanchez on free transfers and getting £15m each for Smalling and Lingard would be a very good summer.

Looks like Mata may be off as well, if he is, I expect that would be on a free as well.
Couldn't agree more.

red4ever 79

Ducker who is Tier 1 hinted at 6 and he named them, so I would go along with his inside information. You have an idea by who is on loan/frozen out

Red00012

£25 million for Lingard and clubs trying to balance their books with what’s going on ???
No chance

Cathy Ferguson

Yes, I was probably a bit too optimistic on Lingard's value in this market. What could happen is that newly rich Newcastle suddenly have tons of money to spend. If not, then 15-20m is more realistic.

DevilRed

Smalling, Sanchez and Rojo all need to leave immediately. None of them are in our future plans.

Phil Jones will probably be gone if we can find a buyer. I'm guessing with Jlingz changing his agent to that fat feck, he will be forcing his way out of the club.

UpWithRivers

Are we sure the club should be selling Smalling?
Yes because he said he wants to be a guaranteed starter an not a bench player. Cant offer him that so he has to go.

Add a couple of defensive midfielders and anyone can have a team that would almost guaranteed not be relegated for 70 mill. Our sales team should make a sexy video......"You too can stay in the prem"......show boobies.....

--------------Romero (If we bring in Henderson as Number 2 or Henderson on Loan)
Dalot--Smalling--Jones--Rojo

------------------Mata------------
Lingard------Sanchez--------Periera

croadyman

Ducker who is Tier 1 hinted at 6 and he named them, so I would go along with his inside information. You have an idea by who is on loan/frozen out
Still cannot get my head around where this striker stuff keeps coming from. Surely we would have bought Werner if we wanted one that much and not kept Ighalo.

croadyman

Thats more like what id excpect.

Id add mata and Andreas as well for about 10 each
Maybe enough there for Grealish & cheap CB. I don't include Sancho in this as don't see it dependent on sales.

Mr. Ant

If any PL club buys Lingard he won't be there for long.

He'll probably drop to the Championship in 2 years. If he can't score or assist for us I doubt he will be able to for a midtable PL club.

Okey

Moyes has done a number on our transfer dealings before. Time to pay back for his sins. He has to take Jones and Lingard off us (knows them, thinks they've still got a lot to offer, waffle waffle waffle). 30m at least from you Moyes, and we're even...-ish.

croadyman

Moyes has done a number on our transfer dealings before. Time to pay back for his sins. He has to take Jones and Lingard off us (knows them, thinks they've still got a lot to offer, waffle waffle waffle). 30m at least from you Moyes, and we're even...-ish.
Yeah and then we can go and get Thiago this time albeit seven years later than we should have.

Cathy Ferguson

So, Sanchez is the first to leave and on a free transfer. We get rid of his huge wages and have to buy him out, has anyone seen the amount?

Amerifan

Jones - free
Smalling 15m
Rojo - free
Sanchez - free
Lingard £15m
Dalot - loan

Reasonable estimates. With clubs struggling financially, the market for this level of player is weaker than usual and there are more to choose from. We won’t shift most of these players this summer. Of the names on the list Mata’s the one I would prefer stay, but think he’s likely gone for five million or less.

Jezpeza

So, Sanchez is the first to leave and on a free transfer. We get rid of his huge wages and have to buy him out, has anyone seen the amount?
Only heard rumours, £10m. If we’d paid up his whole contract we would have kept him. Hes probably been offered a pay off and free transfer to inter to stop it holding up him going there, else sit in the reserves here. Very important bit of business, lets us know what we are doing wagewise.
He was the one i was most worried about us getting rid of. We dont need shedloads of money for smalling, pereira and lingard as smalling was 8m so will go for a profit and pereira and lingard are homegrown. Looks positive for getting rid of some more

Rauður Djöfull

3,5 weeks since the thread was made and we have gotten rid of one player, worryingly few rumours about other outgoings.

I know window is open for a while still but feels like there has to be some departures before we can add to the fold, especially CB's.

A bit annoying seeing the likes of Liverpool already get rid of Lovren and Lallana for an example for decent fees and have to worry if we can even get our players out, even for just a small fee. It's so weird, like with Smalling, had a great season and yet we couldn't even sell him to Roma. (Edit: just realized Lallana went for free)