Summer Transfer Predictions

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Let's have a bit of fun and take a guess at how we think this transfer window will pan out.

I think this is what will happen:

1) Try to tempt Dortmund into selling Sancho for an even more discounted price (compared to Ousmane Dembele) for another few weeks.
2) It will eventually become even more obvious that they won't sell and that Sancho isn't overly fussed about joining us. At this point we will speak to Barca about Dembele.
3) We'll put a bigger offer in for Dembele than we did for Sancho, out of pure desperation.
4) Barca will say no and Dembele will tell us he's not interested in playing in England.
5) As the end of the window approaches, we'll get super desperate and give Madrid a small but reasonable fee to take Bale on loan.

In midfield we'll take Ramsey from Juve for about £25m.

By this stage, fans will be so desperate for signings that they'll point to the form of both players a few years ago and be excited at the prospect of them recapturing this form.

That is my prediction for our business this summer and how it will pan out.

pocco

loco
Let's have a bit of fun and take a guess at how we think this transfer window will pan out.

I think this is what will happen:

1) Try to tempt Dortmund into selling Sancho for an even more discounted price (compared to Ousmane Dembele) for another few weeks.
2) It will eventually become even more obvious that they won't sell and that Sancho isn't overly fussed about joining us.
At this point we will speak to Barca about Dembele.
3) We'll put a bigger offer in for Dembele than we did for Sancho, out of pure desperation.
4) Barca will say no and Dembele will tell us he's not interested in playing in England.
5) As the end of the window approaches, we'll get super desperate and give Madrid a small but reasonable fee to take Bale on loan.

In midfield we'll take Ramsey from Juve for about £25m.

By this stage, fans will be so desperate for signings that they'll point to the form of both players a few years ago and be excited at the prospect of them recapturing this form.

That is my prediction for our business this summer and how it will pan out.
I didn't do too bad, judging by the way things are heading right now. Our fans are as predictable as ever in their sudden acceptance of a potential loan deal for Bale. Laughable.

Revan

Assumptionman
I didn't do too bad, judging by the way things are heading right now. Our fans are as predictable as ever in their sudden acceptance of a potential loan deal for Bale. Laughable.
You actually did pretty bad. We didn't try to sign Dembele, neither him nor Barca said no, and we signed Van Der Beek instead of Ramsey.

The only thing you were right it was on Sancho, which was always very hard to happen, especially on a year that we are projected to lose money and had to get a 150m debt to cover operational costs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You actually did pretty bad. We didn't try to sign Dembele, neither him nor Barca said no, and we signed Van Der Beek instead of Ramsey.

The only thing you were right it was on Sancho, which was always very hard to happen, especially on a year that we are projected to lose money and had to get a 150m debt to cover operational costs.
Prediction was also only a few weeks ago!

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
United not wanting to burden Sancho with being the clubs first £100,000,000 player will offer Dortmund £99,999,999.99 on the last day of the window, an initial £75,000,000 paid in three yearly installments, the rest as add-ons, Dortmund will accept and take Diogo Dalot on a two year loan with no obligation to buy, as part of the deal.

Then, with minutes to spare Bayern Munich will accept United's £25m offer for David Alaba.

Oh yeah and Jesse will sign a new pay when you play contract.

pocco

loco

:lol:

We missed out on a mini Dembele saga but there's still time yet. But it's more the pursuing Sancho for too long and the fans getting excited about Bale vs the possibility of nothing. It's a good start, let's see what else happens.