Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretch

Very handy GK for any team looking for one I'd say. Especially if they offer the possibility of CL football

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think PSG should be after him. I don't rate Trapp much

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Crazy of course IMO he doesn't deserve all this money, I think his value should be around 60m-70m max. He is not Leo Messi.
Can you give us a break down on your valuation of him?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why on earth would the agent present United's offer. It should be a direct communication between both clubs. Raiola's role should be limited to negotiating personal terms with United and expressing Pogba's desire to move on (if applicable) to Juve.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't the agents often do the dealings? It's not that uncommon. Especially if he has a good relationship with the club he's in talks with. I know Mendes does it, so I'm not surprised Raiola is the same.

Hans Moleman

Why on earth would the agent present United's offer. It should be a direct communication between both clubs. Raiola's role should be limited to negotiating personal terms with United and expressing Pogba's desire to move on (if applicable) to Juve.
Because Woodward has realised he's better at snapping up Taiwanese sock partners than sealing transfer deals so has handed most of it over to 3rd parties like Raiola and Mendes, who are becoming de facto directors of football. Seems to be working so far.

Devil may care

It's the modern way I guess, didn't we buy Mata without actually having a face to face meeting until it was time to sign contracts?

BarstoolProphet

Maybe because Woodward doesn't have the physical strength to throw chairs around the negotation table when our offer gets declined.

AndyJ1985

I remember reading a piece by Ogden or Ducker, can't remember who, about our deal with Mata and how Woodward never directly spoke to Chelsea once during negotiations. A third part negotiated and made the offer.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It's happening!

Also, I couldn't give a flying feck how much he costs. He'll improve us considerably and we can afford the fee. What's the problem? It's not like the club is going to ask us to chip in! It's also not like we're scraping the barrel for pennies. We're absolutely loaded. And it pisses our rivals off so much. :drool:

Sparky10Legend

It's happening!

Also, I couldn't give a flying feck how much he costs. He'll improve us considerably and we can afford the fee. What's the problem? It's not like the club is going to ask us to chip in! It's also not like we're scraping the barrel for pennies. We're absolutely loaded. And it pisses our rivals off so much. :drool:
Its our money!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.