Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Can’t believe Spurs spent £30m on Sissoko. Thought they weren’t going to use this kind of money. Eh, @GlastonSpur ?
It's not a signing I'm happy with - not for the money involved anyway. But if Poch wants him that badly, then I guess we have to trust his judgement and hope it works out.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It's not a signing I'm happy with - not for the money involved anyway. But if Poch wants him that badly, then I guess we have to trust his judgement and hope it works out.
Thought you couldn’t spend that big money, ’cause of the stadium etc.?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
What a summer for Newcastle. Sold all of the underperforming garbage for massive profit.
Some good deals in there defo. But also they have a whole bunch of new players and I wonder if they will manage to get promoted which they really should with their budget. The Sissoko deal is a result for them for sure, and I like the Gayle and Yedlin deals also. Not so sure about some of the others.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Thought you couldn’t spend that big money, ’cause of the stadium etc.?
Not couldn't - Spurs will shortly be the top 10 globally in income terms and have spent very little in net terms for years now - but chose not to, presumably with stadium finances in view.

So I can only assume that Poch really wanted this player and Levy has backed him.

Robertd0803

This Sissoko move is evidence of how bonkers the transfer window has become. Sky Sports must have their pants around their ankles at this saga/farce. 30 million :confused::confused::confused:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Crazy. He turns 23 in January. Quite a lot of players Chelsea have loaned out around that age. No future at Chelsea and an uncertain future themselves going on loan trips.
It'll be interesting to see if any of the football authorities clamp down on it. Chelsea are making a tidy bit of dosh from our " loan army".

Jacko21

Think both Pochettino and Koeman have been found out somewhat regarding their recruitment/talent-spotting following their moves to Tottenham and Everton respectively.

They don't appear to be quite so hot without the resources, data and personnel available to them at Southampton.

Irrational.

I'm in the minority, but I believe that a motivated Sissoko is a pretty decent player. In the few games that I watched him for when he played for Newcastle, he worked hard and was solid.

Dick move by him re: Everton though.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why didn't you go for him earlier in the summer, or did you have other targets in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.