Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Just because he isnt a Mendes client anymore (for whatever reason), doesnt mean we wont/cant buy him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just because he isnt a Mendes client anymore (for whatever reason), doesnt mean we wont/cant buy him.
Obviously, but directly changing agents from Mendes the same summer we would sign him is a bit iffy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Obviously, but directly changing agents from Mendes the same summer we would sign him is a bit iffy.
I think their new agent is even more dodgy than Mendes personally. He will have clubs who he wants his players to go to. He will likely be sniffing round Chelsea.

izec

It is, but Joao Mario will be too expensive anyway, so i dont know if we would really go for him. Sporting rejected a big offer already, nobody is gonna pay 50m pounds for him at this stage.

Think Andre Gomes has a relatively low release clause and there is still Rafa Silva or Bernardo Silva as Portuguese potential targets for us.

Red_Beans

As far as scumbag agents go, in my books Mendes is an angel compared to Joorabchian

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
The @juventusfc want to #mascherano: Italian club already spoke with his representative. All in @SkySport. @DiMarzio.

The @juventusfc on #Mascherano, soon all about @SkySport 24 #calciomercato

podurban2

The @juventusfc want to #mascherano: Italian club already spoke with his representative. All in @SkySport. @DiMarzio.

The @juventusfc on #Mascherano, soon all about @SkySport 24 #calciomercato
Barcelona confident about Marquinhos? :(

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Or maybe they really are in for Stones :eek:
The Telegraph are saying City and Barcelona are leading the chase for him. Apparently Barcelona see him as the best defensive prospect in European football and think he'd suit La Liga.

Scorpy

This Mascherano transfer would be bizzare for me. He's one of Barcelona's most important players and is really underrated as a defender.

podurban2

This Mascherano transfer would be bizzare for me. He's one of Barcelona's most important players and is really underrated as a defender.
Reports are his wages at Juventus will be much, much higher. Could make sense, especially if Barcelona have lined up another CB this summer.

kr0nix

We've got a potential problem in dealing with Real Madrid over a potential transfer of any of their players (James, Varane, Isco) and we all know what that is.

Scorpy

Reports are his wages at Juventus will be much, much higher. Could make sense, especially if Barcelona have lined up another CB this summer.
I guess he could be keen to leave for an increase in his wages, but I don't really see the logic behind Barcelona letting him go. Signing a new centre-back on top of offering Mascherano an improved contract should be a no-brainer.

Scorpy

We've got a potential problem in dealing with Real Madrid over a potential transfer of any of their players (James, Varane, Isco) and we all know what that is.
They haven't fixed their fax machine yet?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Get woody to call him up and just start the call with "£300 000 each week."

If Rooney can lumber around on that, and Zlatan reportedly on nearly 400k, then surely Griezman can get 300k. Carricks reported paycut and offloading Schweinsteiger will cover his wages.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As far as scumbag agents go, in my books Mendes is an angel compared to Joorabchian
Yeah, i don't get this. We don't want to deal with Mendes but then get linked with an even more shaddy agent. I sure hope our President knows what he's doing.

Donut

If he wins the CL, he may well be off this summer. We'd have a real fight on our hands though, as the likes of City and PSG would surely be in the mix.
Implying he'd leave because he'd achieve everything he could with Atletico?

Where better to go to than your boyhood club who just hired one of the best coaches in the world and can pay you whatever you want? :D Actually, thinking like this, I'd have us as favourites.

Sparky Rhiwabon

How does this football agent thing work now? Are we basically only able to sign players who Mendes manages now or what?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
We scouted him at Lens but at the end we bought Jones :mad:
I think we bid, he just chose Real over us. I seem to remember Zidane having been a deciding factor at the time.

kr0nix

We scouted him at Lens but at the end we bought Jones :mad:
I think we bid, he just chose Real over us. I seem to remember Zidane having been a deciding factor at the time.

Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane claims he turned down a move to Manchester United because they signed Phil Jones. Varane was one of the hottest young properties in Europe after breaking through at Lens and United, along with a host of other top clubs, were chasing his signature.

The Frenchman ended up leaving for Real Madrid in the summer of 2011 after United decided to sign Jones from Blackburn Rovers.

"Manchester United? They had just signed Phil Jones in my position," Varane told L'Equipe.

Varane also revealed he rejected overtures from Paris Saint-Germain to make the move to Real Madrid after being convinced by Jose Mourinho that the Spanish capital was the right place for him.

"The project [at PSG] wasn't clear. The Qataris had only just arrived and it was all very vague," added Varane.

"My first reaction when Real wanted to sign me was not, 'Of course I will go'. I only made my decision when I knew that the coach wanted me to play in the first team."

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.