Summer Transfer Window

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You are joking. Chelsea will try to fleece us for 70/80 mill you watch. Whether Utd agree is another thing.
He has 1 year on his contract and they need massive sales before the end of June. We hold all the cards here.

RuudTom83

I keep reading Chelsea need to sell?

Are we talking about FFP?

If so then is not really going to stop them buying or selling, as I’m sure any fines they get in a few years would be minimal all things considered.

Unless I’m missing something else.

Pavl3n

McTominay, Harry, Martial and possibly Fred and VDB will go. Add to that Telles and Bailly.

That means we are looking for CB, CM and ST. With the latter two positions we might even bring two players each.
Hojlund and Kim seem like the most obvious incomings, hopefully quickly wrapped deals. And then we'll have to endure the Kane and Rice sagas. And while I am confident we might agree on Kane, Rice will be a really tough deal to pull of.

Motorman

New GK
Dalot...Varane...Martinez...Shaw.....
..Casemiro...Rice...
....Antony.......Bruno.......Rashford
Kane
De Gea, AWB, Kim Min-Jae, Lindelof, Eriksen, Mount, Sancho, Garnacho, Højlund

Something like that would be interesting, some good options from the bench and plenty of rotation options also available.

wolvored

He has 1 year on his contract and they need massive sales before the end of June. We hold all the cards here.
You may be right about a lot of things, but its Chelsea who hold the cards as there are multiple clubs interested. I would be surprised if they only want 50/60 mill as a starting price, and expect something around 70/80 mill will be wanted.

justsomebloke

McTominay, Harry, Martial and possibly Fred and VDB will go. Add to that Telles and Bailly.

That means we are looking for CB, CM and ST. With the latter two positions we might even bring two players each.
Hojlund and Kim seem like the most obvious incomings, hopefully quickly wrapped deals. And then we'll have to endure the Kane and Rice sagas. And while I am confident we might agree on Kane, Rice will be a really tough deal to pull of.
That's looking close to the mark. Reading today that we will also be acquiring a new backup GK, which would make sense. Henderson to be sold?

Apparently, if reports are to be believed, we will look to sell one midfielder, and will not be investing in a new RB.

Given the persistence of talk about our interest in Kim and Pavard, it seems reasonable to assume Maguire is on his way out the door, although it may depend on him. It would make little sense to invest heavily in another CB if he isn't.

Mount is obviously a priority for CM - there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire. Not sure if we can do Mount and Rice, in addition to one or two strikers.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
In

GK £30m
Pavard £30m
Mount £50m
Rabiot free
Hojlund £40m
Thuram free
Kane £100m

total £250m

out

Sancho £50m
Mctominay £35m
Maguire £35m
Fred £30m
Martial £20m
Elanga £10m
VDB £10m
Bailly £10m

total £200m

Last edited:

justsomebloke

On Rabiot - given that talks broke down last summer over wages, with apparently a huge gap between the players expectation and what we were prepared to pay, why would that be easier this time around?

Baneofthegame

On Rabiot - given that talks broke down last summer over wages, with apparently a huge gap between the players expectation and what we were prepared to pay, why would that be easier this time around?
Not paying a 20 million fee equates to an extra 100k a week over 4 years, might be easier to offer him more money.

U.N.C.L.E

Need quality AND depth as we’ll have a congested schedule next season. Definitely CL now plus a couple deep cup runs and you’ve got a couple games per week for weeks on end.

Todd

In

GK £30m
Pavard £30m
Mount £50m
Rabiot free
Hojlund £40m
Thuram free
Kane £100m

total £250m

out

Sancho £50m
Mctominay £35m
Maguire £35m
Fred £30m
Martial £20m
Elanga £10m
VDB £10m
Bailly £10m

total £200m
1) That team will have the same problems in the midfield that this season's team did. Forget about Mount and spend that money on a box-to-box mid.
2) Nobody is buying Sancho or Martial. The former because of his wages, the latter because of his availability issues. I think that's 70 million in proceeds that you cannot factor in.
3) If we get Kane, and boy do I hope we do, we don't need both Hojlund and Thuram. Take Thuram on the free and use the Hojlund money, along with the money we're probably going to piss away on Mount, to buy the midfielder we desperately need- De Jong.

Widow

The Mount, Min-jae and Hojlund rumours seam to be gathering pace. If these players with the reported fee's are correct, will there be anything left in the budget for a Harry Kane type of player?

Woziak

The
If the budget is £100 million this summer and £60 million is going on Mount that doesn't leave much to play with. possibly only looking at one more signing after Mount.
budget is not £100m and has never been £100m if we told everyone we had £300m to spend rge prices would start to be unreasonable like M Mount

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
At present do we have any strong rumours regarding ins or outs, aside from Mount? I've not seen much but wondering if I've missed anything.

gajender

The Mount, Min-jae and Hojlund rumours seam to be gathering pace. If these players with the reported fee's are correct, will there be anything left in the budget for a Harry Kane type of player?
There is no Min-Jae rumour yet he hasn't been Linked with United by any of English journalists , we should just ignore this one till that happens .

And if we End up buying Hojlund then you can safely assume we have given up on Kane, though lower profile experienced striker might be bought in along with him.

bosskeano

At present do we have any strong rumours regarding ins or outs, aside from Mount? I've not seen much but wondering if I've missed anything.
Kim the Cb from Napoli appears to be the hottest trend right now

Woziak

Looking at how things are shaping up I’d say we should have at least the budget to cover 5 new signings, especially if you consider Rabiot is available on a free.

The current wish list is below (minus revenue received for current squad members sold) but Mount signing for us already sounds imminent.

Rasmus Højlund£52m
Benjamin Pavard£17m
Mason Mount£74m
Diogo Costa£65m
Adrien Rabiot£0
Total spend = £208m
We are not paying £74m for Mason Mount with 12 months on his contract.

bosskeano

We are not paying £74m for Mason Mount with 12 months on his contract.
thank fuk Ed isn't here....no sane person would spend over 40 for a guy who's within 12 months of being a free transfer unless he's a guy like Haaland

Widow

There is no Min-Jae rumour yet he hasn't been Linked with United by any of English journalists
This doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening. You'd expect the Italian journos to pick it up first.

And if we End up buying Hojlund then you can safely assume we have given up on Kane
Maybe but hopefully not. If Tony leaves then surely it would make sense to bring in a younger forward as well as an established player like Kane, I just don't know if we'd have that kind of budget. Hojlund isn't at the level to lead the line for us just yet.

gajender

This doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening. You'd expect the Italian journos to pick it up first.

Maybe but hopefully not. If Tony leaves then surely it would make sense to bring in a younger forward as well as an established player like Kane, I just don't know if we'd have that kind of budget. Hojlund isn't at the level to lead the line for us just yet.
Well the way it goes is even if the story of United's interest in player is broken by foreign media , if the interest is actually genuine it gets corroborated by English media quickly in Case of Min-Jae we haven't heard a beep yet .

And Hojlund and Kane doesn't make sense at all , Hojlund needs serious minutes to progress which won't be possible with Kane .

So if it's Kane then his understudy need to be somebody who is just breaking through at senior level .

Gurtej

We need 300m net spend this transfer window to just finish in top 4 and potentially pick up another cup.

Chelsea surely will spend big again
Pool will spend smart in region of 200m this summer and last season was a bit of blip
Arsenal will be there and been spending decent for last couple of windows
Let’s c what NC does with Saudi money…

We should fix our spine with GK,CB, MF and Striker as a minimum priority. 4 WC signings definitely needed.

bosskeano

Clearly need a CB and CF....that was blatantly obvious yesterday

we badly need another quality CM as you saw yesterday on the first goal...Eriksen was too slow to track down Gundogan and Fred was nowhere to be found once Casemiro went a bit wide for the first challenge

IrishRedDevil

Early front runners seem to be

Keeper: Costa
CB: Min-Jae
Versatile Attacker: Mount
Striker: Kane?

Midfielder: ?

ifightdragons

That would be my dream window.
If we could add Rice or De Jong to that Midfield spot, I'd say it would be the best window we've ever done.

Won't hold out any hope for that.

Von Mistelroum

There's no chance of this happening but this would be my ideal summer window. I'm discounting very unlikely transfers such as Kane and Osimhen but I'm (foolishly) assuming we get investment from somewhere.

Out: Maguire, McTominay, Fred, Martial, Elanga, De Gea.

In: Kim, Mount (since it seems likely) Rabiot, Kang In-Lee, Hojlund, Costa.

We'd have an excellent CB selection with a top class keeper who can play out from the back with good distribution. A midfield that is able to string a few passes together for once and a left wing choice who can take on players to great effect. We would have (in my opinion) one of the very best prospects at CF in world football and Rashford as backup. A great start and the spine of a team to challenge City with more investment down the line

bosskeano

those first three seem to have the most traction for transfer rumors HOWEVER adding Mount doesn't resolve our issue with a casemiro partner/rotation replacement.

we all would like to see a better keeper coming into the club but not if it's at the expense of bringing in a proper CM. We have to improve the overall squad so a 4th player is really important to add.

ffs....just look at our bench yesterday in comparison to City. Night and day difference.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How would we feel about:
Costa
Kim
Mount
Hojland

Id be pleased personally.

Hughie77

Last season, cleared Pogba wage, Lingard wage ,Ronny wage eventually. This season Jones wage, Sell Maguire , Telles, Williams, Tuenzabe to start with. Sancho I'd sell but it's going to be tough.

New GK.. CB CM ST. .. those will be a start again. How much that Costs is ?

Utd will be linked with every player that's for sale or not. All window.

Todd

How would we feel about:
Costa
Kim
Mount
Hojland

Id be pleased personally.
1) This haul doesn't solve our problems in the midfield
2) I have my doubts that Hojlund can step in immediately and get the 20+ goals we need from the striker position

It'd be a very meh summer window in my opinion

48 hours

I'm worried we're not going to pick up an understudy to Casemiro, that would be very naive of us and could be our undoing next season.
Yep, I expect him to get several reds next season so we really need back up

Von Mistelroum

Would like to see (realistic)...

----------------------Costa---------------------
Dalot------Kim-----Martinez----Shaw
-------------------Casemiro------------------
------------Bruno-----------Mount----------
Antony--------Hojlund-------Rashford

Or alternatively (very unrealistic) but could challenge for the title...

----------------------Costa---------------------
Frimpong----Kim---Martinez---Shaw
-------------------Casemiro------------------
------------Bruno---------Caicedo----------
Antony----Osimhen----Kvaratskhelia

Onerealunited

Confirmed departures to date (age in parentheses)
  1. Phil Jones (31): Released. Future uncertain
  2. Ethan Galbraith (22): Released. Future uncertain
  3. Jack Butland (30): United decided not to sign the player on a permanent contract. Player has signed a contract with Rangers.

bosskeano

Confirmed departures to date (age in parentheses)
  1. Phil Jones (31): Released. Future uncertain
  2. Ethan Galbraith (22): Released. Future uncertain
  3. Jack Butland (30): United decided not to sign the player on a permanent contract. Player has signed a contract with Rangers.
there need to be at least 3 or 4 of the first team squad guys that need to go. that clearly needs to get done before the window opens July 1 so business can get done ASAP.

• Phil Jones (31): Released. Future uncertain......Future Houseplant and Meme Professional