Sun: Kevin Glazer set to sell his stake in Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Shame about the paper.

If, and that is a massive if, the buyers of that 13% will be telling.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is this where the Glazer exodus begins?

Don't care if it's The Sun. I so want to believe this.

Greck

Why do they all look...how do I put it...you know that royal family that had the habsburg jaw. The glazers seem to have their own version of that

Anyway this is not yet cause for celebration. It depends on the buyer. Another private investor will just want a return on their investment from day one and we could see the club squeezed for money like never before. Could end up being worse because unlike the glazers they would have used their own wealth to acquire the shares.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's the one who doesn't get involved in either United or Tampa isn't he. No interest in either sport or team. Just riding the gravy train because of his family name.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Why do they all look...how do I put it...you know that royal family that had the habsburg jaw. The glazers seem to have their own version of that
What are you getting at?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know, they all look so alike they could be related.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I won't give that paper a click, so I'll just go ahead and assume it's baseless guesswork.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we all come together I'm sure we could buy that share. I've got about a grand in my bank account, my mum's house is worth about £450k so I can sell that and put her in a home.

Who else wants to chip in?

0le

The sale of his stake will go through in the next 48 hours.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I'd be interested in shares with full voting rights. Not that other crap, though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why sell now though? That's the serious question. He's always been the silent partner. The one who didn't get involved so to speak. Why is he looking to sell? Maybe he has seen the writing is on the wall.

It won't be long till the others have no choice. The club is going to continue to drop like a stone. Some people guessing when we'll next win a title. I don't think it's even likely we will make the top 4 for years to come let alone win the damn league.

They are going to have to sell soon or the valuation will continue to drop. Their era is close to an end. There's no coming back from where we are without a sale. They have clearly demonstrated they are winging it and have no idea how to run a football club. Fergie and Gill left and it's fallen apart.

MrBest

If every man united fan put a tenna in each, we could buy the club for 4bn (assumes 400m fanbase).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How much is he going to pay us?

fergiesarmy1

Why sell now though? That's the serious question. He's always been the silent partner. The one who didn't get involved so to speak. Why is he looking to sell? Maybe he has seen the writing is on the wall.

It won't be long till the others have no choice. The club is going to continue to drop like a stone. Some people guessing when we'll next win a title. I don't think it's even likely we will make the top 4 for years to come let alone win the damn league.

They are going to have to sell soon or the valuation will continue to drop. Their era is close to an end. There's no coming back from where we are without a sale. They have clearly demonstrated they are winging it and have no idea how to run a football club. Fergie and Gill left and it's fallen apart.
We are a sinking ship, we have lost $900m since February.

Are we gonna recover financially? Doubtful.

We are for sale

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
crap source but does seem to be some truth in this - has been rumblings for sometime that 1 or 2 of the Glazer spawn want out

doesnt really change much about who is control at the club though but another step forward to Glazers passing on some (even if limited) control

ATXRedDevil

Here's a link to all of the 13D filings/amendments made by the Kevin Glazer trust - https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001582374&action=getcompany. Essentially the trust owned some Class Bs that are convertible upon election of the holder to the publicly listed Class As. The trust has held these shares as Class Bs for a while. Stands to reason that the conversion would be a precursor to a sale.

As I noted on a previous thread about the company's SEC filings, its active shelf registration statement provides for sales by shareholders of the registered Class As. If Kevin plans to do registered secondary sale, there will be filings that have to be made (424(b) prospectus). If he sells to the general public through a registered secondary offering, it's probably an indication that he just wants to liquidate his position. If the sales are sold directly to a single investor, that would be a better indication that there could be a sale of the full company in the works (and the buyer would definitely be on watch for a takeover).

Kevin (and his affiliated entities) own enough shares that if a sale is made through non-public means (i.e. not using the shelf registration statement), the purchaser would become subject to 13D/13G ownership filings like the ones linked above.

fergiesarmy1

Here's a link to all of the 13D filings/amendments made by the Kevin Glazer trust - https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001582374&action=getcompany. Essentially the trust owned some Class Bs that are convertible upon election of the holder to the publicly listed Class As. The trust has held these shares as Class Bs for a while. Stands to reason that the conversion would be a precursor to a sale.

As I noted on a previous thread about the company's SEC filings, its active shelf registration statement provides for sales by shareholders of the registered Class As. If Kevin plans to do registered secondary sale, there will be filings that have to be made (424(b) prospectus). If he sells to the general public through a registered secondary offering, it's probably an indication that he just wants to liquidate his position. If the sales are sold directly to a single investor, that would be a better indication that there could be a sale of the full company in the works (and the buyer would definitely be on watch for a takeover).

Kevin (and his affiliated entities) own enough shares that if a sale is made through non-public means (i.e. not using the shelf registration statement), the purchaser would become subject to 13D/13G ownership filings like the ones linked above.
So you sound knowledgeable, any good news?