Sunday Supplement (2018 and Beyond)

Djemba-Djemba

It's three sensible fairly rational journalists on this morning so there's nothing really to report.

I was hoping to see Oliver Holt in his alice band crying that his beloved Pep had lost twice in a week.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's three sensible fairly rational journalists on this morning so there's nothing really to report.

I was hoping to see Oliver Holt in his alice band crying that his beloved Pep had lost twice in a week.
For the first time in my life, I actually searched this on Youtube hoping it'd be up and the arsehole I wanted to see crying isn't even on...

prath92

I can't stand what that site has become; even minor features like Mediawatch are now humourless and agenda-driven.
Both them and sportswitness started off as kind of a watchdog for the mainstream media but they have both become mainstream now. They have biases and it’s apparent in some of their pieces. Quite obvious that they hate united (at least most of their journos do) too as I’ve barely seen many where they have been reasonable re us.

The Bloody-Nine

Yip, they've gone full SJW now and they hate Jose. Although they are openly anti-Pardew which is nice.
Used to be the best footy site out there. It's become appalling and I don't visit it anymore. Probably a coincidence who is in charge now. Or not.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

100 per cent, the week City win the title Holt will be on the show.

Loon

:lol:
I doubt Ollie Holt would be too upset with Liverpool beating Pep, he’s a dipper, isn’t he?

Art Vandelay

Used to be the best footy site out there. It's become appalling and I don't visit it anymore. Probably a coincidence who is in charge now. Or not.
Yeah, it's a shame really. It used to be genuinely funny. I've been meaning to look for a new football website, but it seems like a task I can't be arsed with.

AR87

Yeah, it's a shame really. It used to be genuinely funny. I've been meaning to look for a new football website, but it seems like a task I can't be arsed with.
They have these weird agendas that shape everything on the site from the Mailbox, to Mediwatch, to 16 Conclusions, to their opinion pieces, etc. Ripping on Mourinho is only one, but they have arbitrary English players who they will defend to the hilt and then others who they'll criticize no matter what. Just becomes a really garbage product.

The Bloody-Nine

I use 442 now instead. It isn't as good as F365 used to be, but it's fine. At least there aren't snide digs at Mourinho in articles that have nothing to do with him.

Litch

Laughable as usual, watched 10 mins and turned it off.

Canagel

I don't like them at all but on this occasion they are definitely correct.

Zoo

Holt is as bad as Balague and Castles. Too many agendas unfortunately.

Devil may care

Thoughts on this?
I loathe Holt but the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that, he's spot on with what he says here, joyless is the perfect word to describe United under Mourinho because the team mirrors him, he is joyless and is trying to convince people they aren't seeing what is blatantly there.

Tyrion

I agree that Mourinho can be a little joyless but I think they missed the point. I don't want the manager to focus on making the team entertaining. I want him to make them effective. Mourinho has done things that undermined the success of the team (e.g. two legs against Seville) and should be criticised for that, instead they focus on pretty vague and personal judgements on whether Mourinho is entertaining enough.

izzydiggler

I agree that Mourinho can be a little joyless but I think they missed the point. I don't want the manager to focus on making the team entertaining. I want him to make them effective. Mourinho has done things that undermined the success of the team (e.g. two legs against Seville) and should be criticised for that, instead they focus on pretty vague and personal judgements on whether Mourinho is entertaining enough.
Mourinho is already effective - 2 trophies last year and went from 6th to 2nd this year and got to a cup final. On paper he'll deliver more than most other managers would, despite losing the cup final.

I hate to say it but I agree with Holt - I just want to enjoy watching us play football again...that's it. Forget the trophies, CL runs etc - it's just soul destroying getting home after a long day at work to waste an evening watching 'that'.

Thing is, we aren't Burnley - we've got a squad which is amongst the most expensive ever assembled and there's no reason to be so cautious. Mourinho is getting nowhere near the best out of he players he has - that is partly why the likes of the Sunday Supplement journos give him so much stick...and a lot of it is deserved.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think it's got much to do with Jose. We've bought in players that hopefully will come good but we need MAJOR investment because in to many positions, we have players who are not top drawer. When we kept winning 4-0 earlier in the season - who said we were boring? We simply lack quality first teamers and have too many players in the first team who should be squad players at best.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
New season, same old Sunday Supplement.

Didn't take long for them to tear into us.

AlwaysRed66

New season, same old Sunday Supplement.

Didn't take long for them to tear into us.
It is called news, & what they said was more or less correct. So many little snowflakes around these days who cannot take any sort of criticism about things they believe in. Man up, & ignore it if it effects you so much.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Thought the takes on the Pogba situation were very near what’s actually happening and they weren’t buying that he really wants to leave either.

piratefox

Only sadists would watch this.

I've never understood the appeal of this show, regardless of our form. Their opinion is as valid as anyone here. They've never played or coached at the level these arrogant tossers feel they can have an opinion on.

Reactions: SteveJ

AlwaysRed66

Only sadists would watch this.

I've never understood the appeal of this show, regardless of our form. Their opinion is as valid as anyone here. They've never played or coached at the level these arrogant tossers feel they can have an opinion on.
It is actually a good show. Rather have articulate people, whether you support their views or not, than many of these so called football pundits who can hardly string a sentence together. You are right their opinion is the same as anyone, but it is showing the views from a journalist perspective. No doubt if it was up to you only braindead footballers who played at a suitable level can spout an opinion.

The Bloody-Nine

It is actually a good show. Rather have articulate people, whether you support their views or not, than many of these so called football pundits who can hardly string a sentence together. You are right their opinion is the same as anyone, but it is showing the views from a journalist perspective. No doubt if it was up to you only braindead footballers who played at a suitable level can spout an opinion.
No, it isn't a good show. It's a bunch of self important morons talking shite to an audience of slack jawed, mouth breathers. No offence.

AlwaysRed66

No, it isn't a good show. It's a bunch of self important morons talking shite to an audience of slack jawed, mouth breathers. No offence.
That could be equally applied to a bunch of self important footballing pundit morons. All I said it comes from a different perspective.