Sunday Times: Mbappe wants to leave PSG at the end of the season

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Just imagine Rashford & Mbappe in the same team with Bruno feeding them through balls...

RUCK4444

He's 20 though. Playing like Martial at 20 is reasonably promising. As it was when Martial was doing it. Playing like it at 25 is less so and why not many people rate Martial that highly.
Yeah was just eluding to his level and how it's nothing near what Neymar looked like at the same age, or as good as you would have expected 'the next big thing from Brazil' to be.

Still young enough to kick it onto the next level.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Let's buy him and Grealish so that we can okey them plus Rashford on the left wing at the same time. Who needs right Wing anyway?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yeah was just eluding to his level and how it's nothing near what Neymar looked like at the same age, or as good as you would have expected 'the next big thing from Brazil' to be.

Still young enough to kick it onto the next level.
Yeah, fair enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry mate.

I don’t care how big a fan Leonardo is. There is no way on this earth they are accepting £70-80m plus Vinicius for Mbappe.

Mbappe will be valued at close to what PSG paid for Neymar, which means Vinicius being valued at about £120m, which quite frankly is rubbish.
Nah, if Mbappé wants to leave they won't be able to set that steep a price with one year left on his deal

cyberman

Who? Nobody has money because of COVID
Theyll offer more than Viniscus and I dont think Madrid can even get to 70m going by reports.
Say Utd wanted him, PSG tried for DVB last summer. That deal would be more appealing than that suggestion imo.
Never mind Liverpool offering a Salah or Mane who are reportedly looking to go, and with clubs having no money then a swap solves a lot of problems both ways.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Theyll offer more than Viniscus and I dont think Madrid can even get to 70m going by reports.
Say Utd wanted him, PSG tried for DVB last summer. That deal would be more appealing than that suggestion imo.
Never mind Liverpool offering a Salah or Mane who are reportedly looking to go, and with clubs having no money then a swap solves a lot of problems both ways.
Ultimately it comes down to Mbappé. Whichever team he decides to join, PSG will have to do business with them. Mbappé reportedly wants wages in the Neymar/Cristiano range(which is about £1M a week)...whoever convinces him gets him

spiriticon

If we missed out on Sancho and got Mbappe, it will be some kind of a unplanned masterstroke.

Mbappe fits our right wing like a glove on a hand, assuming that he still can play there like he did at Monaco.

Last edited:

K Stand Knut

IF, and it’s a big if, we sign Mbappe and pay him anything close to £1m/week, I’ll be disgusted.

Nevemind the current climate, it’d be outrageous.

I’d question my involvement in football moving forward.

and yes, i also know the club won’t care on my opinions

DanClancy

IF, and it’s a big if, we sign Mbappe and pay him anything close to £1m/week, I’ll be disgusted.

Nevemind the current climate, it’d be outrageous.

I’d question my involvement in football moving forward.

and yes, i also know the club won’t care on my opinions
United won't be paying that sort of salary for anyone, don't see him getting close to that anywhere apart from the club he's at.

Andersons Dietician

If we thought the Sancho fee all in was too pricey then Ed would surely have a heart attack looking at the fees it would cost to bring in an Mbappe. Genuinely don’t see how anyone will manage it unless PSG concede in a years time he’ll leave for free and might as well take something.

Its all the hidden costs that add up as with Sancho. However if Ed was ever going to break the bank for one player then this would probably be the guy he’d do it for.

Champagne Football

If we said no to Sancho for €120 million then there's not a sniff of a chance we're saying yes to Mbappe for €180 million.

The days of wreckless spending ended when Jose left.

Haaland still a tiny chance but will probably go to Madrid in 2022. Cavani has 1 more great year left in him, and he has been a revelation, so by the time he leaves in 2022, more super talented strikers will emerge, or the likes of Charlie McNeill might be breaking through by then. Wouldn't be surprised to see Danny Ings arrive here in the summer as back-up to Cavani.

LuckyScout78

Every managers in the world want this boy in their team and line up,if they could.

Top class CF, winger and football player.

If i am a United manager. And it is a player i could sign. This is the guy. But it’s realistic that Mbappe join United. I think that’s chance is low. I think he will join Real Madrid and replace Benzema. As long Zidane is there. It’s big chance he will join RM.

Mbappe is a galatico. A player with a X factor. He has the super explosiveness and acceleration. And the boy has toy skill and football vision and understanding. So really really really close to world class level, if he is not there already. A complete attack football player.

Alemar

Every managers in the world want this boy in their team and line up,if they could.
No. Mbappe is not worth it if his arrival would mean complete change of pay structure of the entire club.

At the same time, other players would be concerned if Mbappe immediately starts to earn 2-3-5-10 times more than them. And it will not end well

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If we said no to Sancho for €120 million then there's not a sniff of a chance we're saying yes to Mbappe for €180 million.
They aren't going to get €180m for him when he's only got one year left on his contract and the footballing world has been struggling with Covid for almost 18 months.

It's not going to happen though as there's no chance we'll pay the wages that PSG will be offering him.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It would be interesting to see this guys wages when he moves, imagine making 1m a week for the next ten years! That's over half a billion without the inevitable payrises, geez football is getting mad.

K Stand Knut

It would be interesting to see this guys wages when he moves, imagine making 1m a week for the next ten years! That's over half a billion without the inevitable payrises, geez football is getting mad.
I don’t think that will happen in the current climate.

No club in the world has the revenue to justify that. And more importantly, no player generates revenue to just that.

This pandemic is really going to slow down expenditure to a certain extent.

Personally, I don’t believe that anyone in world football is close to the weekly wage of Messi and Ronaldo. They have ridden the crest of the money wave in football.

Can see TV and other revenues dropping when they all get renewed. Player wage drops will inevitably follow

Polar

No clubs are able or willing to pay 150m for Mbappe in 2020. 100-120m start to make sense, but even that is much money these days. United will probably be able to buy Sancho and a high class CDM for the same price.

What’s the best choice: Mbappe vs Sancho + high class CDM? I’m not sure.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don’t think that will happen in the current climate.

No club in the world has the revenue to justify that. And more importantly, no player generates revenue to just that.

This pandemic is really going to slow down expenditure to a certain extent.

Personally, I don’t believe that anyone in world football is close to the weekly wage of Messi and Ronaldo. They have ridden the crest of the money wave in football.

Can see TV and other revenues dropping when they all get renewed. Player wage drops will inevitably follow
Pretty sure Griezmann is making €800k a week, and I think I Mbappe were to leave as a free agent, his signing on bonus would be huge, which would probably take his wage to around the 1m mark.

If it wasn't unprecedented times, I'd guess he'd be moving to Real, but as we are, I think he'll renew with PSG for huge money (they can afford to pay him in many different ways...) as no other club will want to hand a 5+ year contract out for 1m a week.

dinostar77

There were some quotes at the weekend from Paris that Mbappe is happy there. Hes only 20 so has a very long career ahead of him still. I wouldnt be suprised if he signed a extension and waited another 2 years for Madrid to get their finances back to a level where they can sign him and meet his financial requirements. Its a shame French football is not at the level of la liga, serie A or PL. As it would be nice to see Mbappe help build something at PSG.

I can see the allure of Barcelona and Madrid to many players. However if Mbappe really is hier apparent to Messi ad Ronaldo. Why go to a club where they have set impossible records. Go create impossible records elsewhere. Or stay at PSG and create impossible records there.

K Stand Knut

Pretty sure Griezmann is making €800k a week, and I think I Mbappe were to leave as a free agent, his signing on bonus would be huge, which would probably take his wage to around the 1m mark.

If it wasn't unprecedented times, I'd guess he'd be moving to Real, but as we are, I think he'll renew with PSG for huge money (they can afford to pay him in many different ways...) as no other club will want to hand a 5+ year contract out for 1m a week.
Only time will tell.

Mbappe might get £1m/week if you include the signing on fee but not as a straight wage

just my opinion but I can see the next year or two being tight for a lot of clubs

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Only time will tell.

Mbappe might get £1m/week if you include the signing on fee but not as a straight wage

just my opinion but I can see the next year or two being tight for a lot of clubs
This is the crux of it really, it's going to be a very "bad" time for players looking to move for more money for the foreseeable future.