Sunday Times: Mbappe wants to leave PSG at the end of the season

Red_toad

Madrid would have freed up Bales wages by then.. They have a shit ton of players they can sell.. they have raised close to 100 m so far already from selling fringe/loanees.

They still have to sell that LB we are linked to and Cabellos will be sold next season as well.. They can raise 200m if they have to..

Can see it happening.. huge outlay though..
'Expires June 2022, so unless they sell him, not a chance.

Dante

Average bang

According to Duncan Castles, United are one of the teams he'd be willing to join.

The relevant bit in the clip is from 7:09.

"The clubs he is particularly interested in moving to, Real Madrid, Barcelona, who both have financial issues, Liverpool, and also he’s told friends that he likes Manchester United."

Last edited:

LARulz

According to Duncan Castles, United are one of the teams he'd be willing to join.

The relevant bit in the clip is from 7:09.
I can only see him joining us if Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern or Juve decide no. Probably City too

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We have a clueless manager, he won’t come here. If we hired a real manager & sold him a real project he might, but we won’t.

Madrid, Barca, City, Liverpool, Juve or Bayern.

We’re a bigger club than most of the above but we have nowhere near the ambition of any of them. They all want to be European Champions, we’re ecstatic finishing 4th. Levels. Mbappe will look at Pogba’s career here & will take that into consideration.

Bwuk

If there was any chance he’d be worth the fee.

Itd be horrifying if Liverpool got him.

saivet

I can only see him joining us if Madrid, Barca, Liverpool, Bayern or Juve decide no. Probably City too
Even with one year left on his contract, he'd likely cost north of £100m. I don't think Madrid or Barca have the financial capability to pull of such a deal. If he's that set on going to one of those team he may as well just run down his contract.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
We have a clueless manager, he won’t come here.

If we hired a real manager & sold him a real project he might, but we won’t.
we’re ecstatic finishing 4th.
If you're talking about the owners, probably agree.

If you are talking about anyone from a footballing perspective at the club or supports, you're mental.

If we hired a 'real manager' we'd still be at the lower end of the list.

You're kidding yourself if you think Mbappe is after 'a project'. Regardless of who is in charge.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That would be insane, it's so hard to imagine him going anywhere else than Madrid (and probably City if that transfer fails through). Especially since Pogba is going out – I'd imagine having him in the team would've been a huge plus for Mbappé, they seem to get on pretty well on and off the pitch.

Those transfers sometime happen (I mean what was the logic behind Cristiano's desire to go to Madrid? They were a mess and we were the second best team in the world at the time), but I very much doubt that this is the case for us.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That would be insane, it's so hard to imagine him going anywhere else than Madrid (and probably City if that transfer fails through). Especially since Pogba is going out – I'd imagine having him in the team would've been a huge plus for Mbappé, they seem to get on pretty well on and off the pitch.

Those transfers sometime happen (I mean what was the logic behind Cristiano's desire to go to Madrid? They were a mess and we were the second best team in the world at the time), but I very much doubt that this is the case for us.
Sometimes players see themselves as the heroes to help clubs get back on their feet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

harms

Staff
Even with one year left on his contract, he'd likely cost north of £100m. I don't think Madrid or Barca have the financial capability to pull of such a deal. If he's that set on going to one of those team he may as well just run down his contract.
Barca are a financial mess, but Madrid are not. Plus it's not like they need to have the cash – Perez always took loans for those massive transfers and Madrid is one of the few financial organizations that still can provide enough guarantees to the creditors, even in those days.

harms

Staff
Sometimes players see themselves as the heroes to help clubs get back on their feet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
Hence why it could be an interesting challenge for Mbappé... theoretically. The money would also help – we certainly are going to give him a higher salary than Liverpool & possibly all other potential challengers.

OleBoiii

It's 100% gonna be Real, Barca or City.

The only thing we can do is hope that it's not the latter.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hence why it could be an interesting challenge for Mbappé... theoretically. The money would also help – we certainly are going to give him a higher salary than Liverpool & possibly all other potential challengers.
The only way I'd see it happening is if he's a massive Utd fan and that's not the case. Besides he could see what happened with Pogba as warning for himself, a player who arrives with big reputation and high fee who didn't work out and he would also seek Pogba's advice anyway who won't necessarily say nice things about the club.

Web of Bissaka

The only way I'd see it happening is if he's a massive Utd fan and that's not the case. Besides he could see what happened with Pogba as warning for himself, a player who arrives with big reputation and high fee who didn't work out and he would also seek Pogba's advice anyway who won't necessarily say nice things about the club.
Indeed. Word by word.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ligue 1 could be in turmoil very soon. If PSG don’t have another very successful CL season, I could see him leaving.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But where would he play? He’d be holding back the development of Rashford, martial, Greenwood and youngsters coming through like Lingard.

tomaldinho1

Why would he go anywhere near us, it's not like we pay that much more than other big PL teams these days? He's mates with Pogba (who has had a generally bad experience with us and has been trying to leave since forever) Martial (who has had a mixed experience), I'd be surprised if he's gagging to live in Manchester, Ole has no reputation or track record, he has no link to Ole (a la Zizu) and we don't win much these days.

When making a move now - financial motivation is a big factor (where we are arguably the best club in the world when you factor in earnings that players make from social media as well as generally overpaying on salaries) but in every other department; geography, manager's reputation, personal links to the player, recent successes, Balon D'Or winners etc. we are miles away from other 'big' cubs.

Pep's Suit

I think Mbappe, Neymar and Alaba only want Barca or Real. I'm more curious what Haaland's next move will be.

SER19

I think Mbappe, Neymar and Alaba only want Barca or Real. I'm more curious what Haaland's next move will be.
City id say. Aguero to be replaced soon. Maybe bayern but city will offer more

Pep's Suit

City id say. Aguero to be replaced soon. Maybe bayern but city will offer more
Maybe but don't think Pep/Txiki signed a Raiola player since Ibra. Also City like Darwin Nunez A LOT so could depend on how he will progress in next 6-12 months.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We do have an interesting bargaining tool in the shape of Paul Pogba

Havak

Pokemon master
Could be one of those merry-go-round types of deals.

Mbappe strikes me as the Real Madrid kind of signing, but so does Salah.

Could Messi still go to Man City? Would they be able to arrange their finances to pay ridiculous wages to both him and Mbappe? Probably.

Haaland will be on the market, although this could wait until the following Summer. He could go to any of PSG, Man City, Liverpool, or Real Madrid IMO. Don't think he's a Barca player or would stay in Germany so not Bayern.

Don't want to stray too off topic, but I do think Mbappe's move could be affected by some of these. Despite Real Madrid's situation, I think they'll be looking at all of Mbappe, Salah & Haaland over the next two years and knowing them they'll probably get two of them.

Definitely don't think any of Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea will be in the running for Mbappe. Real Madrid, Man City, or maybe Barcelona but I think even that is a bit of a stretch, would have to lose Messi first and probably find a way to raise some funds even then.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What does this mean? What’s happening?
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...e-turned-off-on-french-football-this-weekend/

TLDR: I believe a television provider has been refusing to make their quarterly payments, and the league (LFP) took out loans to cover the clubs, which has now led to the threat of bankruptcy for a lot of the smaller clubs in L1 and L2.

I’d make a thread if I wasn’t so lazy, but I’d have assumed one of the French residents on here would’ve already done so.

redshaw

Can't see it happening at the end of this season. I'd bet they''ll keep Mbappe until the contract runs out in 2022 and don't see Madrid stumping up a huge fee either with a year left by the time this season ends. Yes I know they bought Hazard with a year left.