Sunday Times: Mbappe wants to leave PSG at the end of the season

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Camavinga
Bruno - Beek
Greenwood - Haaland - Mbappe​

Reckon this will potentially be enough to challenge for the title.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I imagine Barca will be out of the running and I can’t see him moving to Bayern or Juventus either. He doesn’t strike me as a city player either. Real seems the most likely, I imagine we’ll want him too but I don’t know if we’d have the cash for him even if he was the only player we signed.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His wages will be a big issue.

He will look for €500k+ a week. He is already on €400k. The like of Madrid will have no problems paying him that. I can't see us going near that fig.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's pretty much a cert for Madrid. Our name will always be used with big players.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Camavinga
Bruno - Beek
Greenwood - Haaland - Mbappe​

Reckon this will potentially be enough to challenge for the title.
If we can't afford 100m on Sancho last summer, sure we can afford 400m for Mbappe (200m), Haaland (80m + agent fee 40m), Carnavinga (60-80m) on the next one.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I imagine Barca will be out of the running and I can’t see him moving to Bayern or Juventus either. He doesn’t strike me as a city player either. Real seems the most likely, I imagine we’ll want him too but I don’t know if we’d have the cash for him even if he was the only player we signed.
Apparently Real can't afford to pay 25 Million upfront for Szoboszlai

monosierra

I doubt he has any reasons to play for United. The man wants to win titles - we are some distance from doing that in the next few seasons. Mbappe is nailed on for Real.

Teja

Reeks of a statement signing from Madrid to arrest the decline. They almost got knocked out of the CL group stages this year and signing Pogba and Mbappe will put them right back up there again.

They've been playing the poverty card recently though, so no idea if they can actually get it done.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Reeks of a statement signing from Madrid to arrest the decline. They almost got knocked out of the CL group stages this year and signing Pogba and Mbappe will put them right back up there again.

They've been playing the poverty card recently though, so no idea if they can actually get it done.
It's actually true according to the Athletic

GlasgowCeltic

Closest equivalent to Madrid signing Ronaldo imo, long term success and other top players will almost inevitably follow for whoever gets him

Mindhunter

He is a brilliant footballer and almost a certainty for success. He will walk into any team in the world and stay there for the next 10 years. However, I don't want him here. He will break the wage structure that will just spoil the team chemistry we have going right now. In all the gloom and doom, that's the only positive we have - the players care and try hard despite the tactics or results.

As soon as he arrives, the likes of Fernandes will demand parity with the pay and the rest would follow. God forbid if he either gets injured, loses motivation after a big money signing, or struggles to adapt to the league. We would have tied up all our money for the next 5 years on one player and with nothing to show for it. It's too much of a risk based on where we are at this point in our development cycle.

If we were winning the league comfortably and had a few high profile players leaving then this would have made sense. We need hungry, upcoming players who wouldn't cost a bomb and who would play for the team and not look to leave at the first sign of trouble.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's Real. If not this year, he will join for free next year.

Knowing this Real is trying lowball to get him cheap.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Probably as he is Parisian.
Yeah because all people born in Paris dream of playing for PSG. And anyone born in Scunthorpe always wants to pull on that claret and blue.

You're in dream land if you think he won't go to City because he won't play for a plastic soulless club when he currently plays for a plastic soulless club.

GlasgowCeltic

He is a brilliant footballer and almost a certainty for success. He will walk into any team in the world and stay there for the next 10 years. However, I don't want him here. He will break the wage structure that will just spoil the team chemistry we have going right now. In all the gloom and doom, that's the only positive we have - the players care and try hard despite the tactics or results.

As soon as he arrives, the likes of Fernandes will demand parity with the pay and the rest would follow. God forbid if he either gets injured, loses motivation after a big money signing, or struggles to adapt to the league. We would have tied up all our money for the next 5 years on one player and with nothing to show for it. It's too much of a risk based on where we are at this point in our development cycle.

If we were winning the league comfortably and had a few high profile players leaving then this would have made sense. We need hungry, upcoming players who wouldn't cost a bomb and who would play for the team and not look to leave at the first sign of trouble.
Mate, no offence but bollocks to a development cycle, if you can get Mbappe you get Mbappe. If Bruno strops, so be it. If it breaks the wage structure, blame DDG for that. If it means less space for young and hungry Dan James’, so be it

Fergie had signed two strikers in the six months before signing Rooney, when an opportunity like that comes up you just take it imo

RoyH1

I see it in this order

1. PSG, 2. Madrid, 3. City and 4. Liverpool
I don't think we're attractive for him right now. If he leaves his beloved Paris, it will be because he wants to win something else than Ligue 1 and we're not that team.
I think he stays with a ridiculous deal for both him and his father/agent.

Madrid is the most likely if he leaves Yes, they have reduced liquidity right now due to their stadium rebuild, but once that's done and the pandemic is over the money will be flowing to their coffers again.

Mindhunter

Mate, no offence but bollocks to a development cycle, if you can get Mbappe you get Mbappe. If Bruno strops, so be it. If it breaks the wage structure, blame DDG for that. If it means less space for young and hungry Dan James’, so be it

Fergie had signed two strikers in the six months before signing Rooney, when an opportunity like that comes up you just take it imo
As I said, I would love to have him. But not at half a million pounds a week. It is too risky for a club like us that has to make its own money without owners injecting anything. One wrong financial decision of that scale and you are looking at years of mediocrity or even worse.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He can join the rest of the french NT here at Bayern. Slight upgrade on Douglas Costa for us. (:D)

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I see it in this order

1. PSG, 2. Madrid, 3. City and 4. Liverpool
I don't think we're attractive for him right now. If he leaves his beloved Paris, it will be because he wants to win something else than Ligue 1 and we're not that team.
I think he stays with a ridiculous deal for both him and his father/agent.

Madrid is the most likely if he leaves Yes, they have reduced liquidity right now due to their stadium rebuild, but once that's done and the pandemic is over the money will be flowing to their coffers again.
Shame this applies to most of the world's top players, with the other clubs just varying in order (plus Bayern Munich and Barcelona).

Last edited:

Gordon S

Pogba and Martial for Mbappe` could work. Paul and Anthony gets to go home to France and play in an easier league and Mbappe gets a new exciting challenge for a sleeping giant. Mbappe does the job of both and gets the paycheck of both. I`m expecting it to happen january. This DOF job doesn`t seem so hard...

hubbuh

Why on earth would he be even thinking of joining United? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who'$ to $ay! Manch£$r w£ath£r i$ hard to b£at!

The scary thing is Real Madrid and Barcelona appear flat broke, effectively leaving the U.K. clubs as the only viable financial option. City or potentially Chelsea? Would Liverpool try some sort of audacious swap which sees Salah going the other way? He's 29 soon so you'd have to imagine PSG would still want mega-money to account for that. If we could only get our shit together...

TrustInOle

Pogba+Martial+50m+ Colmans Fish n chips
Could be onto something there. My aunt is married to a French guy and they currently live there, but when they come over for Christmas ect, he loves a good old fish and chips from Brian's (chippy in Clayton if anyone knows it :lol:)

Jibbs

United should offer Martial, Pogba and Degea to PSG for a swap deal.

SplitzMagic

Hmm if we swap Pogba for Ronaldo...

Duuuudes it's Mbapp-on!

Mbappe would relish playing alongside his idol.

Get it done Woody :lol:

Nah seriously, if we did get Ronaldo which seems unlikely but you never know, we will be able to get Mbappe if we can stump up the cash.