Sunday Times: Mbappe wants to leave PSG at the end of the season

mav_9me

Not guaranteed he goes to Real. They may be looking at Haaland too.
That's actually what I was thinking. If real went for Mbappe, I feel we could stand a better chance of getting Haaland. But then if Martial continued his trajectory would we still want Haaland?

flappyjay

They're probably sitting on a bit of money at the moment after being relatively quiet in the market since breaking the bank for VVD and Allison. With they sale of one of those attackers I believe they'd have enough money to sanction a buy like Mbappe on the off chance he doesn't end up in Madrid.
They did not break the bank for those, it was coutinho money. Fsg seem to be like Kroenke with the funds.

RoyH1

Can Real afford him?

Unfortunately I see City going all out for him.
Probably part of the reason Madrid not spending a single penny this season. They’re going hard after Camavinga and Mbappé next year.
I think Qatar is going to offer him andoutrageous amount to stay though. Simply blow Madrid out of the water completely financially.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can Real afford him?

City have obviously spent silly money, but they tend to do a lot of 40-50m deals, rather than stratospheric deals.
Can't see them pony up 200m or so for Mbappe.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He just want another huge contract and gzillian money per week, and then he will find love and desire to win trophies for PSG again.

K_Ash

with Messi leaving. 'The entire LaLiga 'will put money under the table' to help Real Madrid.

Pep's Suit

Guess all three Mbappe, Haaland and Neymar could move next summer. Possibly also Messi and Ronaldo.

Pep's Suit

City have obviously spent silly money, but they tend to do a lot of 40-50m deals, rather than stratospheric deals.
I think City will target Haaland. His father played for them and think his mentality would fit PL better than Real. On the other hand Mbappe seems like a Galactico signing.

Le Red

City did well with signings like Silva, Aguero and de Bruyne for good prices, before the rise of the football bubble.
Now they need to renew the squad and I don't think they can do it with 50m transfers.

Rolaholic

Been seeing reports from Spain claiming that Real have been working on an Mbappe deal for a long time now and already have the funds set aside along with already initiating dialogue between QSI and Florentino Perez.

Kinda feels inevitable since unlike United, when they have a long term target nailed on, they typically don't mess about and almost always manage to bring them in with little fuss. Happened with Hazard last summer

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Been seeing reports from Spain claiming that Real have been working 9n an Mbappe deal for a long time now and already have the funds set aside along with already initiating dialogue with QSI

Kinda feels inevitable since unlike United, when they have a long term target nailed on, they typically don't mess about and almost always manage to bring them in with little fuss. Happened with Hazard last summer
There are quite a few other things that separate the two clubs too. Sporting ambitions being the most obvious one, then the fact almost every player in the world fancies playing for Real Madrid, which unfortunately has never been the same for us.

I take your point though, there is no long term planning at our club. True.

cyberman

Been seeing reports from Spain claiming that Real have been working 9n an Mbappe deal for a long time now and already have the funds set aside along with already initiating dialogue with QSI

Chased Hazard for years, lost out on Mbappe 3 odd years ago for feck sake!
He wont go to Madrid, their finances wont allow it.

Rolaholic

Chased Hazard for years, lost out on Mbappe 3 odd years ago for feck sake!
He wont go to Madrid, their finances wont allow it.
We're not talking about Barcelona here, they're nowhere near financial trouble and would quite asily be able to procure funds from external sources for someone like Mbappe the same way Juventus, typically not a heavy heavy spending club,were able to finance Ronaldo with help from external sources

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Even with a year left on his contract I cant see PSG letting him go, he'll leave on a free and receive the biggest signing on fee in history.

Havak

Pokemon master
I always fancied him to be the successor to Aguero at City, but Real Madrid is always a shout for that kind of player too.

SinNombre

Can Real afford him?

City will go in for Haaland, and likely get him as well. It is either them or us, and we will try to negotiate the fees.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's going to be a long saga, like a roller coaster.
He will probably receive a mega giga tera renewal offer. I wonder if he will be able to resist.
On the other hand the "if you don't sell this year he will go for free" will work with the sheikh?, or on the contrary will they be benevolent and willing to negotiate? and what they will want in return

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Stupid PSG. When they bought him, did they think they’d have 10 years of good service from this young player they expensively bought?

Last edited:

wolvored

We wont stump up the £108 mill for Sancho, so him coming to Utd will never happen under the glazers

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

This is what Qatar Fc CEO said after Atlanta game. No way Mbappe is leaving

CG1010

Maybe Mbappe is emulating Ronaldo and Messi into getting an even better contract at PSG.. In any case I don't see him wanting to coming here unless we somehow win the league this season. But I can see Woodword trying to use this to convince Ole into cancelling Sancho's deal this year, dangling him with the possibility to sign Mbappe.

DarkLord

PSG doesn't need money so I doubt they would sell him, they would probably let him run down his contract and go for free like Cavani. PSG plays very hard-ball with their star players, they don't let them go at all. As many have pointed out, he seems nailed on for Real Madrid considering it was Real who wanted him in the first place but couldn't afford to pay the massive transfer fee and his wages. It would be hilarious if Barca sign him and Neymar. For all of Barca's recent big money signings who turn out to be flops, Mbappe is literally one who is almost a near guarantee of success.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't know how attractive going to Real Madrid is at this point. I know that was always the destination for Mbappe, but things change with time and the Premier League simply seems more attractive right now, especially with CR7 gone and Messi on his way out sooner or later. He'll definitely have to run down his contract to get a move done, because no club can afford him and PSG don't need the money and hang on to their players, unless he has some kind of gentleman's agreement with PSG, which is also possible.