Sunday Times: Mbappe wants to leave PSG at the end of the season

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know how attractive going to Real Madrid is at this point. I know that was always the destination for Mbappe, but things change with time and the Premier League simply seems more attractive right now, especially with CR7 gone and Messi on his way out sooner or later. He'll definitely have to run down his contract to get a move done, because no club can afford him and PSG don't need the money and hang on to their players, unless he has some kind of gentleman's agreement with PSG, which is also possible.
The thing is, not many club could afford crazy wage (let’s say 400k+) only the following club could, so the options are very limited:
- PSG
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
- City
- United
- Juventus

prateik

Madrid would have freed up Bales wages by then.. They have a shit ton of players they can sell.. they have raised close to 100 m so far already from selling fringe/loanees.

They still have to sell that LB we are linked to and Cabellos will be sold next season as well.. They can raise 200m if they have to..

Can see it happening.. huge outlay though..

tenpoless

Bale is a smokescreen for Sancho who is a smokescreen for Messi who is a smokescreen for Mbappe. Ed Woodward is a genius.

Anyway I'm more confident of landing worldclass young players, if we had the money to spend. Even more than before because of the squad. Even without trophies (for now), the thought of playing with Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, vdB, Martial... would be tempting enough for any young players. I don't think Mbappe would come (or even leave to be honest) obviously because we already have a main target in Sancho. But it's quite refreshing. You look at the squad now and think okay, he might want to come here, compared to the squads before.

Last edited:

Nights

City have obviously spent silly money, but they tend to do a lot of 40-50m deals, rather than stratospheric deals.
Can't see them pony up 200m or so for Mbappe.
City have to spunk on Messi next season to keep Pep happy. I’m not sure even they can cook the books enough to pay the wages for both Messi and Mbappe.

Wouldn’t surprise me though.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Not sure why people here seem convinced any good french player, such as Mbappe or Camavinga, is destined to go to Real Madrid. Nobody thinks that way here.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not sure why people here seem convinced any good french player, such as Mbappe or Camavinga, is destined to go to Real Madrid. Nobody thinks that way here.
Utd fans have some weird inferiority complex towards Real since Ronaldo left.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

This is what Qatar Fc CEO said after Atlanta game. No way Mbappe is leaving
Yeah, except he doesn’t own them. They are currently contracted to him as his employees. I know it’s not a thing in Qatar.

passing-wind

There's only one club in the league who can afford him and its City. It's also just fits the narrative of their type of signing. If it's La Liga it will be Madrid. Those are the only two clubs. I see under no circumstances us being able to afford Mbappe irrespective of COVID.

0le

Not really. There is quite a lot of historical evidence as to why United fans feel all players want to play for Madrid (and Barcelona).

There was a period in time where several players moved to Madrid: Heinze, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. United also missed out on Ronaldinho and were also unable to bring Kluivert and Rivaldo to the club. This happened to a lesser extent at Liverpool with the youth product like Owen leaving. This gave the impression to fans that Madrid/Barcelona was a calling stone for them and it was reinforced by Suarez and Coutinho moving to Barcelona as well as more recently the De Gea and Pogba sagas.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No complex. We’re inferior but so is every other club in the world.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's only one club in the league who can afford him and its City. It's also just fits the narrative of their type of signing. If it's La Liga it will be Madrid. Those are the only two clubs. I see under no circumstances us being able to afford Mbappe irrespective of COVID.
So City will sign Neymar and pay wages for Messi in one window?

Rolaholic

I don't see why it's surprising imagining that the best French players would be attracted to playing for arguably the biggest club in the world managed by one of the greatest French players of all time and a serial winner.

In Mbappe's case, he idolized Ronaldo at Madrid so it's not hard to understand why people would think the lure of donning their shirt and competing for European titles would be appealing

If I were a betting man I'd put money on him landing there. If he doesn't then England sounds the next likeliest

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I don't see why it's surprising imagining that the best French players would be attracted to playing for arguably the biggest club in the world managed by one of the greatest French players of all time and a serial winner.

In Mbappe's case, he idolized Ronaldo at Madrid so it's not hard to understand why people would think the lure of donning their shirt and competing for European titles would be appealing

If I were a betting man I'd put money on him landing there. If he doesn't then England sounds the next likeliest
He grew up a fan of CR7 that's for sure, but if you talk about clubs, he's more of a PSG fan. There's only a handful of clubs he'd join and that could afford him, and Man Utd is certainly on this list. If I was forced to bet money I'd probably put it on Real too, just because they need that big star and he could be the main man there.

redevul5566

Supports
I also support Real Mallorca.
Let’s do a swap deal which involves Pogba

Scholsey2004

Haven't read the whole thread, but this must surely be some excuse for a new juicy contract...
That's my take on it. Anyway, if we can't find £108m for Sancho then we haven't a cat in hell's chance of putting together a bid for Mbappe who'd cost significantly more.

Ranchero

Not worth discussing. Even if we wanted him he would not be coming to United. The days when we were a top drawer draw are over.

dinostar77

Totally agree. Mbappe's contract with a new club will be the most expensive in football. Only City or Madrid could do that type of deal.

Rolaholic

I somehow can't see PSG agreeing to a £1 million a year payment for the next 4-500 years.
No doubt in mind that they'd bin one of their front 3 to make room for Mbappe :lol:

Him and Klopp have been publicly gushing over each other in the press for a while now and there's bound to be a line of takers for the likes of Mane, Salah and maybe Firmino.

Just hope Zidane can put a stop to all of that before it takes shape, that'd be an even bigger blow than Sancho joining another English club in my eyes

Rolaholic

Laugh now but these Mbappe to Pool rumours have been rumbling for a while
Oh trust me I know, my laugh isn't to laugh off the rumors so much as laugh over how awful the possibility would be :lol:

It's better than crying I suppose but the sentiment is the same

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh trust me I know, my laugh isn't to laugh off the rumors so much as laugh over how awful the possibility would be

It's better than crying I suppose but the sentiment is the same :lol:
Im with you there :lol:

Falcow

Laugh now but these Mbappe to Pool rumours have been rumbling for a while
Exactly, with the way things are going. Pool will probably somehow get him for 20m and then sell one of their under 18 players for 35m to 100% cover the fee and have funds left over to cover his wages.

:rolleyes:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Madrid would have freed up Bales wages by then.. They have a shit ton of players they can sell.. they have raised close to 100 m so far already from selling fringe/loanees.

They still have to sell that LB we are linked to and Cabellos will be sold next season as well.. They can raise 200m if they have to..

Can see it happening.. huge outlay though..
Agreed. Modric will be on his way out next summer too so it will free up more room in wages. I can't see him go anywhere other than Real Madrid next summer, especially when Zidane is the head coach.

dev1l

As a side-note, one of the players mentioned to replace Mbappe is Rashford.
Whether he wants to go or not, that's another story

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The Spanish press, specifically Pedrerol said the other day that Mbappé wants to go to Madrid, and that it is his only option.
In any case, he should not base his arrival on Zidane. If he arrives it will be amazing. I think I would go to Madrid for the presentation,
to pay my respects to the heir, or at least to the airport, to try to touch him :drool:
Imagine however that in the end he does not come, what a disappointment it would be, after years preparing his arrival.

In that case, to lick our wounds the most reasonable thing would be to try a Figo with Ansu Fati.

Bwuk

Madrid haven’t spent this summer and have managed to offload a few.

izec

Nobody will be buying Salah/Mane. Real will go for Mbappe instead. Unless PSG and Pool do a dodgy deal, i don't see it

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I could see Liverpool being able to pay the transfer fee, but I lack the imagination of them matching his wage demands, which will most certainly be north of 500k/week