Sunderland ‘Til I Die | Season 3 on Netflix on 13th February

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Has anyone started watching this? It was released on Netflix over the weekend. Originally pitched as a documentary to chart their rise and return to the Premier League but instead tracked their relegation to League One obscurity.

Call me unsympathetic but I’m loving the schadenfreude in all this. Their fans are apoplectic every week whilst losing to the likes of Burton Albion and Rotherham and it’s absolutely beautiful to see, the Poznan bastards.

SER19

I imagine we will have an enormous number of redcafe posters watching and discussing purely because of their love of the sport. Like the city one.

Tarrou

sounds quite fun, but this thread might look rather silly in a few years time when we have a similar documentary about our slide into mediocrity post-Fergie

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
sounds quite fun, but this thread might look rather silly in a few years time when we have a similar documentary about our slide into mediocrity post-Fergie
We would have to pull a Leeds for it to be documentary worthy.

FujiVice

Sunderland had to sign image rights over to make this documentary. We would never allow that. We aint releasing shit without the Glazers going through it with a fine toothed comb. Have you seen are twitter page? Its unbearable.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Really great club who have been greatly mis managed by Short. You'd think United fans would relate given similar issues at Board Level, not to the same extent obviously. Hope they return to the premier league. The Stadium of Light is a better place to play football than the likes of Etihad e.t.c.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Really great club who have been greatly mis managed by Short. You'd think United fans would relate given similar issues at Board Level, not to the same extent obviously. Hope they return to the premier league. The Stadium of Light is a better place to play football than the likes of Etihad e.t.c.
You don't seem to know why we'd revel in their demise. Might not have liked them much before that game. but ever since, United have had strong contempt for them and most will enjoy watching them plummet. They only have themselves to blame... especially after we showed such good will in loaning them premier talent only for them to then stick two fingers up at us.

They severed ties with us that day and stopped any relationship where we'd loan them even a pot to piss in. More fool them given our youngsters could have helped them stay in the PL.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
You don't seem to know why we'd revel in their demise. Might not have liked them much before that game. but ever since, United have had strong contempt for them and most will enjoy watching them plummet. They only have themselves to blame... especially after we showed such good will in loaning them premier talent only for them to then stick two fingers up at us.

They severed ties with us that day and stopped any relationship where we'd loan them even a pot to piss in. More fool them given our youngsters could have helped them stay in the PL.
Oh yeah, completely forgot about that game. Football fans have wanted clubs to rot into oblivion for less. Fair enough I guess!

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I always had a soft spot for Sunderland as i have family over there and used to go to Roker Park with my uncle when visiting.
After that game, they can feck right off and i hope they end up in the conference.

Raw

This one seems more "genuine" than the City and Juve documentaries, where they looked more like a glorified marketing tool. Probably because it was made by the fans.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Watched the first episode, Darren Gibson is a cnut.

tedketterman

I always had a soft spot for Sunderland as i have family over there and used to go to Roker Park with my uncle when visiting.
After that game, they can feck right off and i hope they end up in the conference.
:lol:
I work in Sunderland, so the last couple years have been very entertaining for me.

NinjaFletch

About half way through I think, and the documentary has a pretty good knack of making most people incredibly likeable (with the exception of Martin Bain, Sunderland's match going fans and Darren Gibson) so it's pretty hard to revel in it as much as I'd expected too.

My take home so far is if Sunderland had a decent keeper they'd have stormed the league. feck me they've conceded some abysmal goals.

Nick7

Going from 1st to 7th isn't really as bad as sliding into League 1. Maybe if we make it down that far.

Also why does every single thread in the football forum have to have someone take about how shite we are? It's tiresome.

Tarrou

Going from 1st to 7th isn't really as bad as sliding into League 1. Maybe if we make it down that far.

Also why does every single thread in the football forum have to have someone take about how shite we are? It's tiresome.
sorry @Nick7 I'll endeavour to not talk about how shite we are anymore, and I'll let everyone else know too

FujiVice

Loved the chant by their supporters in episode 3.

"We are the Sunderland boys we are the cock of the North, we hate the Magpies and Boro of course AND LEEDS!"

fecking hilarious. The and Leeds bit was so random.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Just started watching. In the opening minutes the players and the managers are talking about possibly winning the Championship. This is going to be hilarious.

RochaRoja

Definitely peaks with the riots over losing a pre-season friendly and Gibson’s rant in the first episode.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Watch Season 1 now.

Anyone going to watch it?

5 Hours and 14 minutes of your life you aren't getting back.

Tiber

They went down again didn't they? Suspect that wasn't quite what the producers had in mind when they pitched it

FujiVice

It's fecking brilliant. I will now go through my life saying to people who disrespect me "You calling me a prick? I'm a married man with six kids."

Darron Gibson seems like a decent lad when he isnt pissed out of his head. Genuinely wants to be on the football pitch (unlikes seemingly everyone else at Sunderland), but has so many demons. Lewis Grabban is a journeyman cnut who needs a kicking. Chris Coleman is a wonderful man. Everyone at the club from the supporters to the lady who made the tea loves him. Great documentary.

FujiVice

They went down again didn't they? Suspect that wasn't quite what the producers had in mind when they pitched it
Probably beyond their wildest dreams. Guarantee nobody would have even cared about this if they won a playoff to go back into the Premiership. This documentary was a club in tourmoil. Several managers coming in, players wanting out. All access. Its so great. At one point a Sunderland fan takes the camera from the cameraman and smashes it while they are 3-0 down. As if the result wouldnt have mattered, had it not been filmed. Very odd behaviour.

Kostur

海尔的老板
They are just waiting for everybody to die as the title suggests.

Then they will make a sequel with zombies. Gibbo will still be pissed to shit.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
My title was better dang it.

Who watches TV that isn't on netflix?

Fully Fledged

They could make that now. Our decline is probably on a par with Sunderland's considering our starting positions.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Having finished the series I can conclude Sunderland fans have the shittest repertoire of songs in all of English football.

Also it really does paint a depressing picture of supporting them. One of the episodes literally starts with images of coffins and a man discussing funeral arrangements.

Fully Fledged

They had back to back relegations, they went almost an entire calendar year without recording a home win. Our failures are not on par with that.
From our starting point and theirs in the championship it is. We’d won 13 titles in 20 years never been out of the top 3 in I’m thinking EPL history. Won countless cups including 2 CL trophies. To averaging about 6th in the EPL and 19 points of top spot in mid December.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
From our starting point and theirs in the championship it is. We’d won 13 titles in 20 years never been out of the top 3 in I’m thinking EPL history. Won countless cups including 2 CL trophies. To averaging about 6th in the EPL and 19 points of top spot in mid December.
We also won the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Europa League and have played CL Football the last two years during our decline. Most sides in the PL can not even think of doing any of those things.