Sunderland ‘Til I Die | Season 3 on Netflix on 13th February

Bogga

Excuse my ignorance, I saw on page 1 that something happened between Utd and Sunderland that has meant that Utd fans are quite happy to see Sunderland slide down the leagues. What actually happened?
They did the poznan to celebrate that late Aguero goal that meant that City won the league back in 2012

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Excuse my ignorance, I saw on page 1 that something happened between Utd and Sunderland that has meant that Utd fans are quite happy to see Sunderland slide down the leagues. What actually happened?
Was the day Man. City won the league in 2012. Sunderland fans celebrated wildly and did the Poznan when the news of late goals came through.

Bogga

Can't wait for the next season... every time I felt sorry for them I thought of the poznan... and I immediately felt all warm and fuzzy inside to see them devastated :)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I wanted Charlton to win because Sunderland away is a great away day for most League One club fans and I had a great time there a few months ago.

haram

Hopefully they have another series of that doc. Didn’t they also lose a final this season as well? :lol:

RORY65

Hopefully they have another series of that doc. Didn’t they also lose a final this season as well? :lol:
There is a second series coming. They lost the Checkatrade final to Portsmouth at Wembley, they led that one as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Double laughs at Sunderland for me, as both a United and Wycombe fan.
They were supremely arrogant and smashed our ground up a bit when they snuck a last min 1-1 in Bucks.

I'll be glad to have a second go to get a tick off at their ground.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wanted Charlton to win because Sunderland away is a great away day for most League One club fans and I had a great time there a few months ago.
Similar thoughts as a Wycombe fan, as we were due to play them on an international weekend, and it wasn't called on until 10 days before, which was way too little to plan it.

A real contrast between their ground and yours - which no offence has to be the worst view for an away fan in the football league.

Sara125

feck them after all that poznan shit. Plus the fans seem to think they have a rivalry with us.

There’s a resident Sunderland supporter on Bluemoon called Stockport Mackem who joins in with them calling us rags, takes the piss out of us and revels in city’s dominance over us meanwhile his own team is slowly fading into nothing :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Similar thoughts as a Wycombe fan, as we were due to play them on an international weekend, and it wasn't called on until 10 days before, which was way too little to plan it.

A real contrast between their ground and yours - which no offence has to be the worst view for an away fan in the football league.
On the contrary, it's a source of great pride that we offer travelling fans under 6ft such terrible hospitality! Joking aside, I'm normally in the Rygas too so I know how bad it is. Your fans looked confused after the game last month because they wanted to be happy that they were now safe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the contrary, it's a source of great pride that we offer travelling fans under 6ft such terrible hospitality! Joking aside, I'm normally in the Rygas too so I know how bad it is. Your fans looked confused after the game last month because they wanted to be happy that they were now safe.
Yep a strange one. Losing ( as we always do at yours) and not quite being safe, but it needing a near impossible 10goal swing for us to go down.

I thought your fans were really milking the celebrations which looked a week too early.but you got away with it, so we at least have a close away game next year

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Yep a strange one. Losing ( as we always do at yours) and not quite being safe, but it needing a near impossible 10goal swing for us to go down.

I thought your fans were really milking the celebrations which looked a week too early.but you got away with it, so we at least have a close away game next year
If you'd seen all of our perfomances in the last 6 weeks you'd have the same reaction. I went into the final day of the season far less nervous than what I should have been because our players had shown so much bottle to get there that I knew they'd get over the line against Bradford.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you'd seen all of our perfomances in the last 6 weeks you'd have the same reaction. I went into the final day of the season far less nervous than what I should have been because our players had shown so much bottle to get there that I knew they'd get over the line against Bradford.
You certainly did excellently to stay up, looking dead and buried way before.

We looked pretty safe until Jan, then lost 3 loanees, and didn't win for about 15 games, and suddenly got sucked close to it.

I don't think any team promoted from league 2 has been relegated the next year, for 5 seasons now.

But the next season is the acid test.

Bolton and Bury may well start on -12 next year, and Coventry might have to play at Birmingham, so there's a few quirks next year.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm impressed at the ability some people have at holding a grudge for 7 years over a bit of tall poppy syndrome.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wish they’d commissioned season 2

I found the documentary very interesting, especially how basic coaching was and how scatter gun their recruitment was. Very incompetent club

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm impressed at the ability some people have at holding a grudge for 7 years over a bit of tall poppy syndrome.
It's one of the weirdest things I regularly see on here

Literally any team would have taken the piss for not winning the league... Including us.

prateik

feck sunderland. Hope they go into administration and get liquidated.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Please tell me there's a season two. The build up and hope then the failure will make for a great watch.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I was very pissed back then. Got over it back in oh-fourteen or fifteen.
Still one of my worst moments in football. Joey Barton, you useless #%+&ing ¥|*#er

:lol:
we
brilliant. you can guarantee Bowyer does that with some other team, Newcastle are meh about it.

lifted

I wish they’d commissioned season 2

I found the documentary very interesting, especially how basic coaching was and how scatter gun their recruitment was. Very incompetent club
I thought they were recording this season for more episodes?

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Well, a second division Sunderland did beat the dispicable Leeds team in the FA Cup final, so i can never be too harsh on a team that made that lot a laughing stock.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's one of the weirdest things I regularly see on here

Literally any team would have taken the piss for not winning the league... Including us.
I honestly don't think we would unless it was a direct rival. Not to the extent that the entire ground was going wild like they had won the league.

If that were say Leicester or a Spurs for example, we wouldn't be swinging of the rafters delighting in their pain.

Yes if it was Liverpool or City but we aren't a rival of Sunderland in any way. I thought it was a very bitter reaction from them and since I find amusement in their demise.