Sunderland ‘Til I Die | Season 3 on Netflix on 13th February

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
They seem to be going down the Nottingham Forest route into irrelevance, the only difference is that they have a Netflix show recording the decline.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Material will include losing the play off final in the last minute. And also losing at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy. So lots more losing crucial games basically. :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I actually can't believe they let them do another one :lol:

The first one was supposed to be a good PR exercise for the club, getting back into the PL and it ended up being a total catastrophe of a season for them. It was great TV.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Feck yeah.

I can take or leave football club BANTZ on twitter, but this is pretty good from Charlton

Tel074

The first one was supposed to be a good PR exercise for the club, getting back into the PL and it ended up being a total catastrophe of a season for them. It was great TV.

Couldnt agree more I absolutely loved watching them crumble . Totally hate that football club

JoaquinJoaquin

Hoping this series is as uncut as Season 1, and not one like City's was in which you learned pretty much nothing.

Bogga

Saw the entire first season once again yesterday... whenever I started feeling sorry for them I thought about the poznan and I felt no empathy what so ever :)

Alabaster Codify7

Saw the entire first season once again yesterday... whenever I started feeling sorry for them I thought about the poznan and I felt no empathy what so ever :)

That was very weird, wasnt it. I never saw Sunderland as being a club that despised us to be honest, until that day when they seemingly from nowhere relished seeing us gutted. We used to always send players there, too. Since then I've loved seeing them suffer - they were always a very bland club to me, just seemed to be 'there' without ever amounting to anything.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That was very weird, wasnt it. I never saw Sunderland as being a club that despised us to be honest, until that day when they seemingly from nowhere relished seeing us gutted. We used to always send players there, too. Since then I've loved seeing them suffer - they were always a very bland club to me, just seemed to be 'there' without ever amounting to anything.
Pretty much my feelings. I’m from the North East and before them celebrating us losing the title I didn’t really mind that that much.

I too have enjoyed seeing them spiral down but i have to say watching the series has made me mellow a little bit seeing all the effects of the people working in and around the club etc and empathising with them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I also thought nothing about them but having now experienced their arrogance in league one as a Wycombe fan, im delighted to revel in their continued stay in this tier.

Bogga

I just wish that I didn't know what happened to them, but now that I do... I know the season finale is going to be epic :drool:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What did United fans expect Sunderland fans to do when City scored? Clap the United fans and reach over the concourse to offer hugs? If it was the other way round they’d have taken the piss out of City fans, seems an overreaction and similar to the ‘small-time’ mentality that is accused of Sunderland’s fans to now despise the club because of it.

Judas

Open to offers
What did United fans expect Sunderland fans to do when City scored? Clap the United fans and reach over the concourse to offer hugs? If it was the other way round they’d have taken the piss out of City fans, seems an overreaction and similar to the ‘small-time’ mentality that is accused of Sunderland’s fans to now despise the club because of it.
Agree with this honestly, they reacted like any teams fans would have done in the same situation. Bit pathetic that people are still bitter about it.

JohnnyKills

Dunno, not start celebrating manically about something which had nothing to do with them?

Judas

Open to offers
It's just banter though isn't it, I don't blame them for it at all, I bet they found it fecking funny, I probably would have if I wasn't a Utd fan.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Me, my Celtic supporting housemate and my Nottingham Forrest supporting housemate did the Poznan in the living room to the United fan we had over. Pretty much every football fan in the country found that moment fecking funny, just like Gerrard slipping. Bit silly having a grudge about that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's just banter though isn't it, I don't blame them for it at all, I bet they found it fecking funny, I probably would have if I wasn't a Utd fan.
Well it's just "banter" enjoying them festering in league one.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Dunno, not start celebrating manically about something which had nothing to do with them?
You mean not take the piss of out of the rival fans in their stadium? Have you never been to a football game before? If United had won the league, I bet a lot of those fans doing the Poznan would have happily stayed and applauded and watched the trophy lift. To quote the lovable rogue Richard Keys, it was just banter

macheda14

Agree with this honestly, they reacted like any teams fans would have done in the same situation. Bit pathetic that people are still bitter about it.
Me, my Celtic supporting housemate and my Nottingham Forrest supporting housemate did the Poznan in the living room to the United fan we had over. Pretty much every football fan in the country found that moment fecking funny, just like Gerrard slipping. Bit silly having a grudge about that.
They few people that actually hate them are pathetic, but the majority think it's tit for tat. You celebrate us not winning the league, we're going to celebrate you having a documentary filmed about your return to the prem turn into a complete shit show. You laugh at us, we laugh at you.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
They few people that actually hate them are pathetic, but the majority think it's tit for tat. You celebrate us not winning the league, we're going to celebrate you having a documentary filmed about your return to the prem turn into a complete shit show. You laugh at us, we laugh at you.
Yeah that view is far enough, I’m mainly just surprised at the people who seem shocked that Sunderland fans celebrated, or see it as symptomatic of Sunderland hating United when they’d have done it to any side, and subsequently seem to hold a genuine antipathy towards the club and its fans just on that basis.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah I have no problem with the poznan. My dislike has stemmed from them from being shit for years and stinking up the league but kept on surviving.

macheda14

Yeah that view is far enough, I’m mainly just surprised at the people who seem shocked that Sunderland fans celebrated, or see it as symptomatic of Sunderland hating United when they’d have done it to any side, and subsequently seem to hold a genuine antipathy towards the club and its fans just on that basis.
I mean any club who allowed Lee Cattermole to play in the prem deserves our ire.

marktan

I mean any club could've done it, we just happened to be playing Sunderland. It was a painful moment, made worse by Sunderland fans rubbing it in.. Of course they have a right to take the piss just like United fans have a right to be angry over it.

That said I read the Sunderland forum every now and then, and it's one of the better forums around and their fans on there are largely pretty sound. We've had a lot of players there over the years from Welbeck to Januzaj so I'd say I have more 'affinity' to them then most other league teams.

Looking forward to giving the doco a watch anyway this week, really enjoyed the previous one. That opening theme is :drool:

marktan

Well Ive watched the first episode, considering there's only 6 episodes felt like a massive PR piece for the new owners. From spending the first 30 minutes showing the new owners replace the seats and the stadium music, to showing their every little reaction during the match..

I'm guessing it was a pre-condition to allowing filming for the show, considering how badly the previous chairman Bain looked purely by virtue of an absence of actions.

Hopefully it means the pay-off at the end is all the more sweeter, what made the first documentary good was that it was balanced, this one so far feels more like the amazon prime documentaries of City etc that people say are more PR than documentary.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Binged it all last night. I don’t think it was as good as S01 and felt very contrived overall. It must’ve been 80% centred on the new owner and director, and very little behind-the-scenes footage from the playing side of things. The finale felt very rushed also and there was no reaction to the play-off loss to speak of. There could’ve been an entire episode dedicated to that in itself, really.

It felt as if everyone involved just phoned it in for this season: the club staff, half the players, the Netflix production team.

Meh.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Half way through and it seems to be all about the same characters throughout. Methvin, Donald, O'Nien and Maja. O'Nien came across really well. Donald seems sound too though I suspect a bit out of his depth. Methvin a twat but possibly what the club needs with so much slackness around

James Peril

Priceless. This Charlie Methven comes across as the biggest tosser in the world, you just see how it will end - I guess I will found out soon enough (haven't checked any news or articles). He clearly thinks he is smarter, better and more important than anyone else, indirectly talking down people from the north even though it's presented as a compliment. He is 50 something and implementing this entrance trance song just because he thinks it's awesome, probably reminding him of his peak 20 years ago, but it all looks so pathetic and short-sighted. The former chairman (Bain) from season 1 was also out on his depth, but at least he seemed a bit more... realistic and rational... compared to this guy.

Tel074

I was there they celebrated like they had won the league and that's no exaggeration. Granted they are a shower of success starved idiots but their celebrations that day where pathetic.

No one minds a but of banter because with the way things went we deserved a bit of banter but I saw grown men pointing laughing and mocking children after the game who where crying and really upset . It was probably the only exciting thing to ever happen in Sunderland so maybe I'm being to harsh on them .
I'm a Irish man and I also hate them for the the bigotry they showed to their own player ..

MarylandMUFan

Priceless. This Charlie Methven comes across as the biggest tosser in the world, you just see how it will end - I guess I will found out soon enough (haven't checked any news or articles). He clearly thinks he is smarter, better and more important than anyone else, indirectly talking down people from the north even though it's presented as a compliment. He is 50 something and implementing this entrance trance song just because he thinks it's awesome, probably reminding him of his peak 20 years ago, but it all looks so pathetic and short-sighted. The former chairman (Bain) from season 1 was also out on his depth, but at least he seemed a bit more... realistic and rational... compared to this guy.
While I think you are right, he is also what they needed. They were hemorrhaging money and the fact that they broke even at the end of that year shows you that he is probably doing the right things. My guess is that if you took a look inside any club there would be loads of people, both like this and the last guy.