Sunderland ‘Til I Die | Season 3 on Netflix on 13th February

JohnnyKills

Some of the shit this guy comes out with was hilarious, he just didn't fit in at all with the people of Sunderland. Comes across as bit of knob really.
This bit was so Brent, I agree. But overall I thought he was impressive. At least he had clear objectives and worked towards them, albeit he was a bit abrasive and smug. Donald wasn't bad either, but he got sucked into the madness with the Grigg signing.

Looks like the previous regime was a complete joke though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finally got round to (half) watching this in the background whilst working from home.

Currently midway through the first season and the shit aimed at Rodwell is absolutely ridiculous.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Finally got round to (half) watching this in the background whilst working from home.

Currently midway through the first season and the shit aimed at Rodwell is absolutely ridiculous.
The chairman basically telling him to be a man and feck off was a personal highlight

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why didn't they just keep Maja and let him go on a free in the summer? It's not like they got much of a fee for him anyway. He would've probably gotten them promoted at the rate he was winning games for them.

SambaBoy

Why didn't they just keep Maja and let him go on a free in the summer? It's not like they got much of a fee for him anyway. He would've probably gotten them promoted at the rate he was winning games for them.
Yep, even more crazy when you consider the money spent on Grigg.

Probably went with the 'if he doesn't want to be here then we won't force him to stay' and thought the fee paid was good value but in hindsight, the better option would have been to keep him.

Sad Chris

This all day long. Not sure if they cut scenes where they discussed it or if it was just never considered. Either way, this was their biggest mistake.

204Red

What comes across is the size of some of the crowds they were getting in League 1. Sure they set that attendance mark at 46 000, but they also drew another 41000 crowd as well as 37000 and 36000 for other matches... with an overall average around 32 000. The average for the division was around 8000 per match

What I didn't understand (and they don't make it all that clear in the episode) is why they only drew 26 000 - which would have been one of the lowest crowds of the season, for the playoff match at the end.

Nickelodeon

What comes across is the size of some of the crowds they were getting in League 1. Sure they set that attendance mark at 46 000, but they also drew another 41000 crowd as well as 37000 and 36000 for other matches... with an overall average around 32 000. The average for the division was around 8000 per match

What I didn't understand (and they don't make it all that clear in the episode) is why they only drew 26 000 - which would have been one of the lowest crowds of the season, for the playoff match at the end.
Playoff wasn't covered under the normal season ticket. Being a relatively lower income area, the fans were probably saving up for the trip to Wembley.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I couldn't take Sunderland fans seriously after giving them their best premier league finish ever in the 99-2000 (or was it 2000-2001?) season when they were ringing up talksport to say that Peter Reid should be fired as he'd"taken them as far as he can" and what they needed was a new man to "take them to the next level". They were partly right. A sucession of 'new men' took them all the way to league one.

I also don't forgive them for 2012 either. They have no rivalry with us whatsoever and so their delight at a City title is both bizarre and smalltime. Here's to Sunderland till I die seasons 3-9- the league 2 wilderness years

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Imagine being in that SAFC marketing team. You've been going about your job for years. You do what you're asked, you're never really pushed and as nearly anyone would, you start going through the motions.

Then new owners come in and you're basically being told your shit on Netflix. Feck that.

I'm also so suspicious of that attendance record. They said they didn't think they'd make 40k, they implied the marketing team were doing feck all saying they've come up with no ideas, the whole preparation looked shite and then they got like 46k. Hmm.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The chairman basically telling him to be a man and feck off was a personal highlight
If you're talking about Martin Bain, the bald guy, he seemed like a proper prick.

Bit rich to be talking about Roswell earning too much when he was wasting tens of thousands of pounds on some cryo chamber thing that only he and not the players were using.

I imagine people like him are a dime a dozen in football.

I thought Steward Douglas and that Charlie guy came across a bit more genuine. Wanting the club to be profitable on their own, and giving that speech about wanting the fans to reconnect with their club. They had their flaws, but they weren't as unlikeable as Martin Bain.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imagine being in that SAFC marketing team. You've been going about your job for years. You do what you're asked, you're never really pushed and as nearly anyone would, you start going through the motions.

Then new owners come in and you're basically being told your shit on Netflix. Feck that.

I'm also so suspicious of that attendance record. They said they didn't think they'd make 40k, they implied the marketing team were doing feck all saying they've come up with no ideas, the whole preparation looked shite and then they got like 46k. Hmm.
Yeah this struck me as odd as well.
If you're talking about Martin Bain, the bald guy, he seemed like a proper prick.

Bit rich to be talking about Roswell earning too much when he was wasting tens of thousands of pounds on some cryo chamber thing that only he and not the players were using.

I imagine people like him are a dime a dozen in football.

I thought Steward Douglas and that Charlie guy came across a bit more genuine. Wanting the club to be profitable on their own, and giving that speech about wanting the fans to reconnect with their club. They had their flaws, but they weren't as unlikeable as Martin Bain.
Yeah Martin Bain. The new owners I actually liked, but they were prone to the odd lapse of judgement. Not wanting to spend more than a million on their new striker, and somehow ending up spending 3 rising to 4? I think he just didn't want to be beaten on that one, and should've taken a few days to clear his head. The dangers of deadline day I guess.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots

I think this was one of a few other things you never should discuss in a tv show. The other is when you see the two main guys critizise the team and especially the manager. I understand these kinda things go on behind closed doors, but this is doing your laundry in public and in my opinion comes across as extremely unprofessional. Pretty high on the twat-o-meter. I wonder if these scenes was the reason why it took so long to release the season, some of the key individuals gone at least.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I have been in the stadium once - for them vs Aston Villa. THey were hammered.

But the passion of the fans was evident. Its a rough kip.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If the season gets nullified then they are really getting fecked over again, aren't they?

Three seasons in the dogshit league is really going to do them in.

Acole9

Outstanding
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find the bitterness from their fans celebrating in 2012 pathetic. It was so long ago now, get over it. Fans take the piss out of opposition fans all the time.

Anyway on to this series, I don't think it was as good as the first series.

Aside from the Brentisms the marketing guy had the right ideas and intentions. He just went about it the wrong way.That lady who left/was sacked had such a lousy and negative attitude.

I agree with the comments above regarding Maja, if they kept him then they would've been promoted. Madness selling him. It was madness too spending £3 million on Grigg, I was looking at his stats the other day. It was something like 50 games and 8 goals, shocking.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They've been unlucky here but I dont like them so feck them.
They are as bad as Stoke

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find the bitterness from their fans celebrating in 2012 pathetic. It was so long ago now, get over it. Fans take the piss out of opposition fans all the time.

Anyway on to this series, I don't think it was as good as the first series.

Aside from the Brentisms the marketing guy had the right ideas and intentions. He just went about it the wrong way.That lady who left/was sacked had such a lousy and negative attitude.

I agree with the comments above regarding Maja, if they kept him then they would've been promoted. Madness selling him. It was madness too spending £3 million on Grigg, I was looking at his stats the other day. It was something like 50 games and 8 goals, shocking.
And only 5 of those goals have been in the league. One this season.

They seem to despise my local team, Wycombe at the moment. Its great to read

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And only 5 of those goals have been in the league. One this season.

They seem to despise my local team, Wycombe at the moment. Its great to read
Fellow Wycombe fan here! Not sure if we've spoken on here before?

But echo what you say, they've proven to be absolutely arrogant entitled clowns in our league, so roll on their continued "misery" at our level. Or even a division below our level if we can sneak up .

Lay

Fellow Wycombe fan here! Not sure if we've spoken on here before?

But echo what you say, they've proven to be absolutely arrogant entitled clowns in our league, so roll on their continued "misery" at our level. Or even a division below our level if we can sneak up .
I believe we have!

I don't expect us to go up, but if we do I may sign up on the Sunderland forum and see how long I can survive before I'm banned.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I believe we have!

I don't expect us to go up, but if we do I may sign up on the Sunderland forum and see how long I can survive before I'm banned.
We can get past Fleetwood, unless they put in the superb performance they put in at our ground.
Few people you'd want to get one over on more than little Joey.

Schneiderman

I'm not a fan, but living in Peterborough now, and it's fair to say they're going to absolutely hate you lot (Wycombe fans) for a long time. Absolutely robbed of a playoff spot when your game in hand is Coventry away.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Watched season 1, and it was clear part of the issue was the toxic fans, as soon as opposition scores first goal they abusing their own players.

Grayson in that meeting with fans, was clearly frustrated by that.

The other issue is the manager's not been backed, I can understand cost cutting, but it was extreme to the point they couldnt even fund a single signing for each manager, also evident by the striker situation sometimes pure ability means more than the willingness to play.

Watched season 2 now, yeah its baffling why they let the striker go, should have just kept him and let him leave end of season for nothing.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This posh bloke trying to be hip is hilarious.

Also the cryo chamber thing - Do you or the players use it? Nah but Martin Bain uses it for his back sometimes. feck sake. It's scary how much football clubs waste behind the scenes.

Lay

On course for a 4th season in league one. :lol:

pacifictheme

The one time they were relevant was when we lost the league at theirs despite beating them. feck Sunderland.