Television Supernatural | TV Show

Lastwolf

Can't see him ever being the same again, he's taken some metric emotional beat downs as a character.

Ralaks

Hard to predict, I'd guess he is going to be a bit nuts still, doesn't he still have Sam's demon stuff inside his head? He'll also still have the whole 'I released the evil bastards' period going I'd bet.

I just hope he doesn't go awol for long periods of time, his character is pretty damn cool.

I think the new season is going to be pretty cool, I've wanted to them to go somewhere else than just earth for a while, got pretty old when basicly every time they were sent to hell they came back for the first episode of the new season, I can't see them going that way after the cliffhanger which ended last season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why would Castiel just disappear and leave Dean in purgatory? I mean he has the power to teleport, why would he not take him along? It might be just for cliffhanger sake but I will pissed if during episode 1, he just appears again and takes Dean back to earth in just one second. I want to see some running around and some action in purgatory.

gormless

Started watching this a few months ago due to a friend recommending it. Midway through season 2 and enjoying it, but the monster of the week format is getting a bit tiresome. does it ever change? can't imagine 8 or so series of this

Ralaks

Started watching this a few months ago due to a friend recommending it. Midway through season 2 and enjoying it, but the monster of the week format is getting a bit tiresome. does it ever change? can't imagine 8 or so series of this
It's like most series really, there is an overall plotline which spans the whole season along with the usual filler episodes which plotlines spanning one episode.

It's been a while since I watched the first couple of seasons but I remember it as there were more monster of the week during the first couple of seasons than the later ones..

nimic

something nice
Scout
I actually preferred the monster of the week thing with an overarching plot than some of the later seasons, where essentially entire episodes were all about the (not that interesting) plot. I can't quite remember, but I think I liked last season a lot more than the one before that.

Ralaks

I preferred the earlier seasons - liked the whole green-eyes, seals and hell on earth stuff more than the mother of all and leviathans. That being said I do think the last season was better than the one before, but not as good as the previous ones, Eric Kripke stepped down after the first 5 so perhaps that's why it's gone down in quality for me.

I do like the monster of the week episodes very much though.

Lastwolf

I don't mind the odd MOTW, but it's a bit jarring when all of a sudden they drop the end of the world plot to go hunt a ghost that's making someones cereal turn bad.

Season 5-7 have been a bit meh, they just recently sacked the show runner and re-hired one of the co-producers from the past seasons to be the new show runner, so hopefully it'll pick back up. Sera Gamble (the sacked one) had a obviously clear hard-on for Sam, so all the plot was going his way, it's a better show when there is some balance between them. It was a bit weird that Sam had all this emotional damage and shit, he was in the cage for about a day, Dean was in hell for over a year back in the day and people just told him to stop bitching about it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I don't mind the odd MOTW, but it's a bit jarring when all of a sudden they drop the end of the world plot to go hunt a ghost that's making someones cereal turn bad.

Season 5-7 have been a bit meh, they just recently sacked the show runner and re-hired one of the co-producers from the past seasons to be the new show runner, so hopefully it'll pick back up. Sera Gamble (the sacked one) had a obviously clear hard-on for Sam, so all the plot was going his way, it's a better show when there is some balance between them. It was a bit weird that Sam had all this emotional damage and shit, he was in the cage for about a day, Dean was in hell for over a year back in the day and people just told him to stop bitching about it.
I watch this show religiously, and I kind of agree with you but I also disagree.

Dean is the hardman of the two whereas Sam is the little brother. You can't have Sam dealing with everything like Dean did in a day and return back to normal. Dean is Dean, the big brother who will always look out for Sammy, he feels pain but doesn't show it, that's his character.
Spoiler Alert:

Remember Dean's death from the Hell Hounds? Sam cries and pleads to Lilith to stop it, Dean just takes it. Then, when he is in Hell and there is no chance for Sammy to hear him, Dean starts yelling Sam's name. He doesn't show his emotions in public, that's his character, and that's what I like about it, it kind of resembles my character.

I agree with you in the sense that it was a bit ridiculous how they dropped everything to do with the end of the world time and time again, to just go and deal with another evil, yet at the end of the show they'd just restart settling their differences or have another fight because one of them was holding some information back from the other.

The previous seasons were amazing, Yellow Eyes, Demons, Devils, Hell Hounds, no angels (I especially liked that part). Bar Castiel, no other angel has any sort of charisma, whereas Azazel's character had this type of influence, this light of motivation if you will. Also, Alastair's character was brilliant. Their dad's character was brilliant as well, shame they did what they had to do with him.

Above all else, this show has made me want a little brother I can protect.

Lastwolf

Well they always wanted the Dad back, but he went and got too famous.

I always feel that the show can't end without Papa Winchester returning to tell them they're done, be that as a spirit or something I feel they need it, they've always been searching for approval from a father figure after he left the show, be that Bobby, that weird computer guy or to some extent Castiel.

When I knew season 5 wouldn't have him returning, as nice as that ending was, I don't think it was good enough.

Slevs

Just remembered this guy.

Such charisma, such an influence...:drool::drool::drool:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Jensen and Jared have said that they are hoping for seasons 9 & 10. Lets hope the ratings stay high.

RDCR07

I highly doubt it. They are clutching at straws already. Lets just hope this season delivers.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Would rather have seen some of purgatory, rather than the flashbacks.

RDCR07

Really good start to this season. I liked the 2nd episode as well.

What I think has happened in purgatory spoiler:

That last scene of episode 2, it looks like Dean left Cass in purgatory and he saved his own life. If that is true, then it really sucks.

Lastwolf

I'm not so sure, it would be very weird considering he was so very insistent on not doing that, in the previous flashback in the same episode.

There's more to the story, I imagine the flashbacks will continue till at least epi 10 and the mid season break.

Mommy Tran was hilarious.

Why did Sam leave Mjölnir? it's got to have some serious juice, maybe almost angel sword level of power, plus could be funny having Thor turn up looking for it. It was just in there as a joke cause of his hair I think, he shouldn't have been able to lift it at all if the mythology was taken to the letter.

Slevs

New Season is out? Excellent! I'll download the episodes now.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Love the show, thanks to my sister I started watching the show around the time when season 3 was ending.
I actually started watching it while we were on vacation and she only had season 3 with her, so during that week I watched the entire 3rd season, as soon as I came home downloaded and watched seasons 1 & 2, and after that I've pretty much been waiting for a new episode week in week out.

RDCR07

For some reason I like this season more than the last one even though there was a plot/storyline that they were working towards in season 7. I have found all the episodes so far this season to be really entertaining and I think the Benny character is brilliant. His acting is very good as well and the introduction of his character is a stroke of genius from the writers because you never know what he is going to do and if he is ever going to turn bad.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
For some reason I like this season more than the last one even though there was a plot/storyline that they were working towards in season 7. I have found all the episodes so far this season to be really entertaining and I think the Benny character is brilliant. His acting is very good as well and the introduction of his character is a stroke of genius from the writers because you never know what he is going to do and if he is ever going to turn bad.
So far it's an OK season. I gotta say though, I enjoyed season 7 a lot more than I did season 6.

My favorite (except for the ending) probably has to be season 3, if because of nothing else than because of Ruby, daaaaaaaamn that chick was so incredibily fecking hot.

RDCR07

Oh yeah Catie Cassidy was so much hoter than the other chick that played Ruby the following season.

Lastwolf

New Writters, New (old producer) Showrunner and it seems like a decent back to basics approach that season 6 was supposed to be.

I loved Bitten, think it was a good episode, maybe best this season, the amount of abuse it got was crazy. Mostly because the fan girls didn't get alot of Sam and Dean and there was a pretty girl on screen alot, god they had that, but will never admit it. Their excuse was primarly the shakey camera work, I hate this too and the found footage genre is retarded, but if you just ignore that as an artistic decisionthe episode was solid. The opening credits being used in the last five minutes, made the whole case seem like the episode that never was.

Throw away episode though it may have been I think it was very important to the story as a whole, there is a dramatic shift in Dean's outlook from previous seasons. Watch it again for Sam's reaction to his decision not to hunt the girl-wolf down, he starts just bagging evidence as fast as he can, thinking do this quick before he changes his mind.

Just last season Dean, ganked the shit out of sam's friend, the stabby hand thingy lady. Because in his eyes, Monster is a monster, just a matter of time until they go darkside and eat people. Now arguably, you could say it's just cause she hasn't killed any people, only an other monster but its a distinction that Dean wouldn't have cared about last year,. Obviously, the time in puragtory with Benny has opened his world view, if only slighty and it sets up the Benny story of this week rather well.

It's a Garth episode next week, which tend to be on the more humorous side, but imagine there will be some fall out from the end of this week to cover.

I can see Benny, becoming Castiel 2.0 he was originally only slated for like 5 episodes, but they liked the actor soo much they kept bringing him back for more, until last season where the show runner actively tried to get rid of him. Everyone on the show seems to be gushing about how awesome he is, and benny doesn't really have the same issues as Castiel. Cas brings all kinda of story related problems, he's essientally almost limitless in power, considering the boys usual enemies he's like bringing a nuke to a knife fight. It's the old Batman problem, why doesn't he just call up Superman when stuff gets even a little difficult.

Ralaks

Castiel is back :D

I'm liking this season a lot, back to Angels vs Demons it seems!

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
It's because of public demand really. The creators of Supernatural loves their fanbase and really listens to it - a big part of the fan base wanted these MOTW-episodes even though there was a bigger story going on, so they got it. I personally think it's a nice change of speed now and then.

Last weeks episode was quality. Cas interrogating the cat :lol:

RDCR07

Well that was a nice break from the demons. Role Models type episode. Dean was hilarious as always.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Haven't watched this show in ages. Gonna watch some online. Anyone know what episode and season it is when there is a clown that appears at children's houses?

RDCR07

Haven't watched this show in ages. Gonna watch some online. Anyone know what episode and season it is when there is a clown that appears at children's houses?
Isnt that season 1 episode 3 or something?

By the way just finished the season and what a finale it was. So whats the deal with these angels roaming earth? What now?

Dante

Average bang
Isnt that season 1 episode 3 or something?

By the way just finished the season and what a finale it was. So whats the deal with these angels roaming earth? What now?
They'll be the new bad-ish guys.

Crowley will be a new good-ish guy.

Abadon will be significantly less fit.

Or maybe not.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Haha, just finished watching the final episode (Sky+ 'ed). Really cool episode, made specially chilling with no music or loud sound effects whatsoever. Should have known they'd never end this franchise, and like a mug I can't wait for the next series. :D

I always wondered how Lucifer could be locked up forever. Maybe all this shaking up of angels by Megatron (not sure if that's what the scribe is called but I want him called that :) ) will result in him and Michael return to Earth with no powers (at first). Oh the possibilities...

Slevs

Just got into the new season. I fecking love Benni! Great character addition.