Television Supernatural | TV Show

Slevs

likes to play with penises
New season as in season 8? Just checking as i have season 9 down as starting around 15th October & i'm looking forward to it.

edit; oh yah, Benni is in season 8. Nevermind.

No, don't tell me.... Not Benni! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Slevs

I was just thinking about a finale for the last season.

Sam and Dean beat the latest evil thing in front of them, and save the world again. Dean dies in the clash, and before dying, he has a flashback of all the good and bad times he had in his life. (His father dying, Sammy dying more than once, Hell, Purgatory, Angels, Demons, everything. He thanks Sammy for everything and his soul ascends to Heaven before Sam.

The screen zooms out to the Earth from distance, then the galaxy, then Dean's eyes. The final scene shows us Dean Winchester in a mental hospital. He's been there all his life getting visits from his Mom, Dad, Sam, Lisa, Castiel, Bobby with the medical assistants Azazel, Crowley, Lilith, Lucifer, Meg and others looking after him every day.

Of course it's a shit ending to a great series, but it could describe just how complex the mind of a human being can get.

Slevs

Just switching channels on the TV and they've put the episode in which dean dies from the Hell-Hounds :(

Deaaaaaaaaaaaaan :(

prath92

The cars a classic. Want to drive it on some f those roads top gear guys used to drive on. On my bucket list :p

prath92

By the way is this show still on? Stopped watching it by season 6 after the purgatory thing

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I've recently just started to re-watch them all again. I'm back up to season four. Such a quality show that's just so easy to binge watch.

Slevs

I can't stop watching the new seasons even though I know the quality has gone down quite a lot when you compare the earlier seasons to the current seasons.

I fecking love Dean Winchester.

Big Andy

Bloke
The overall quality has gone downhill recently, I much prefer the "Monster of the Week" episodes rather than the heaven, hell story arcs...

Also, the Darkness seems to be just like the Leviathans all over again...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I've just started Season 1. Seen about 11 episodes now. The underlying plot of mother's murder / father's absence has barely progressed and most of the ones I watched are standalone to set the stage. Hopefully it picks up some pace. Missus is a big fan and somehow I think I'll watch this fully irrespective of whether I'm interested or not :lol:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You are at the best parts of it. The first seasons are truly classic stuff, before they went apeshit with the story arcs.

JP77

The early seasons are fantastic. Still one of my absolute favorite shows on TV although I get why some feel it should have ended a few seasons ago or even this season just gone. Not going to complain though because I still bloody love the current stuff.

@Edgar Allan Pillow stick with it, so many brilliant episodes along the journey too, especially the comedy stuff they constantly throw in there every once in a while, some hilarious episodes that you're in store for once you start hitting the middle seasons.

Edit: Personally I don't think the quality drops, they still put out some great episodes, it's more a case of some people feeling they should have wrapped the show up a few seasons earlier and that they're recycling some stuff. Can't say too much without spoilers.

SwansonsTache

After how many seasons does the quality drop? My missus binge watched the latest season last weekend and liked it.
I can't remember since I've followed it since the beginning, that means I started watching it 11-12 years ago.

I'd say when they started including all that heaven and hell stuff and went from episode of the week to an overarching red thread story type of show. Right around season 5-6

Still one of my favourite shows of all time though, and probably the best monster of the week show ever made, including X-files.

prath92

@Edgar Allan Pillow the overall story (that demon they were after, forgot his name) I think winds up by season 5. Then they turn nonsense.

Seasons 1,2,3 are very horror based and fun iirc.

SwansonsTache

@Edgar Allan Pillow the overall story (that demon they were after, forgot his name) I think winds up by season 5. Then they turn nonsense.

Seasons 1,2,3 are very horror based and fun iirc.
Some of the best stuff ever made imo.

The humor, the cast and the stories just are perfection. They manage to create a certain setting you just immerse yourself in, like all great series like for example the x-files did.

The episodes with the "trickster" is especially enjoyable.

@pauldyson1uk and @Dirty Schwein , you guys seen this stuff? You would love the shit out of it.

prath92

Some of the best stuff ever made imo.

The humor, the cast and the stories just are perfection. They manage to create a certain setting you just immerse yourself in, like all great series like for example the x-files did.

The episodes with the "trickster" is especially enjoyable.

@pauldyson1uk and @Dirty Schwein , you guys seen this stuff? You would love the shit out of it.
Yeah my sister is crazy about the Winchesters and castiel. So are most gals I know

Yeah the trickster episode, the titanic one, the one with the rabbit's foot, the ones with the devil at crossroads and such one off based on existing myths are very very creative. The changeling episode too.

Big Andy

Bloke
I can't remember since I've followed it since the beginning, that means I started watching it 11-12 years ago.

I'd say when they started including all that heaven and hell stuff and went from episode of the week to an overarching red thread story type of show. Right around season 5-6

Still one of my favourite shows of all time though, and probably the best monster of the week show ever made, including X-files.
I'd agree with this...Kripke stated that he had a story that took him to series 5, and after he left, it did start to tail off slightly in quality, but by that point, I was hooked anyway...

One of my favourite series despite it's flaws...looking forward to the new series starting up again...

I reckon when my divorce money comes through, I'll probably end up spunking it all on a black 1967 Impala, loading it up with weapons and shit, and driving round Warrington with "Carry on My Wayward Son" blasting out...:D

Best part of the show if you rewatch it is their voices in series 1 are so much more high pitched than the current seasons...it's piss funny watching it back...

Big Andy

Bloke
Also, sat next to the bloke who plays Crowley at United once as well...he's a big red...

Dante

Average bang
The quality does drop quite a lot.

Here's a major character appearance in season 4:

And this is how they're represented in season 11:

The tone has changed from Batman to Ironman.

But I've been watching this for more than a decade so I'm pretty invested in the characters at this point. I can still enjoy it for what it is.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
On to s13 and still going strong!

Been excellent so far. I thought after s11 there's no way they'll even attempt to go bigger than God/Amara but nope, they've wheeled out the empty. :lol:

SwansonsTache

Can't get past Season 1.
The first few seasons with monster of the week episodes are genuinely brilliant. When they start focusing too much on a big arc then it all goes a bit shit, just like X-files.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can't get past Season 1.
The first few seasons with monster of the week episodes are genuinely brilliant. When they start focusing too much on a big arc then it all goes a bit shit, just like X-files.
I actually really enjoyed the over arching arc. There was a story, continuity and stakes(First five seasons). The writing for the most part was excellent, especially in regards to vast gulfs in power.
Its when they started ret conning it in later seasons that it started to decline massively.th