"SuperStar" Players

Balloonless

The thought of us signing someone like Sheva, Torres, Dinho or Kaka just does not interest me anymore, Looking at our squad now, I think we can take a certain amount of risk with young relatively unknown players like Nani for example.

There is nothing better than seeing a young player like Ronaldo burst on the scene with all rival fans saying 'Who's that young lad you've got? he looks class'

I only wanted one player after Carrick in the Window, and that was Senna.

Is that just me?

Devil_3565

Balloonless said:
The thought of us signing someone like Sheva, Torres, Dinho or Kaka just does not interest me anymore, Looking at our squad now, I think we can take a certain amount of risk with young relatively unknown players like Nani for example.

There is nothing better than seeing a young player like Ronaldo burst on the scene with all rival fans saying 'Who's that young lad you've got? he looks class'
think Fergie realised that long ago

Joe Stalin

Bringing in South Americans in the past had us creaming in our pants. But now we need players that compliment our style of play, not change it.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
feck he would have fast down the wing if only he hadn't been killed in that F1 crash...:nervous:

:nono: Naughty but could not resist it...

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:

Is that just me?
Your on your own and by the way Kaka was signed from Sao Paulo, Dinho was signed from PSG and Sheva from Dynmo Kiev(With the exception of Dinho who was inconsistent at the time) non of them were big money moves and they all had the same ora about it as Ronaldo, so your chatting breeze...

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
Your on your own and by the way Kaka was signed from Sao Paulo, Dinho was signed from PSG and Sheva from Dynmo Kiev(With the exception of Dinho who was inconsistent at the time) non of them were big money moves and they all had the same ora about it as Ronaldo, so your chatting breeze...
If you think Ronaldinho was as well known as Nani now or Ronaldo when he was at Sporting, then you are talking shit.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Scholes or Keane have never been "Superstars", nevertheless I doubt anyone would not have wanted them. Players with a huge reputation tend to disappoint

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
If you think Ronaldinho was as well known as Nani now or Ronaldo when he was at Sporting, then you are talking shit.
He was playing for France's version of Spurs!!! The fact is we were the only ones that wanted to take a risk on him untill Barca came in real late! Not saying he wasn't unknown but far from Big Superstar signing unless you happened to be Nike!!

P.S Ronaldo was well known by everytop club in Europe!! is not my fault you never heard of him tell you seen his name on teletext!!!

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Mainoldo said:

Sheva had an amazing scoring record in the CL and cost £17m, Ronaldinho was widely regarded as the next big thing at PSG, Ronaldo had only made 25 appearances at Sporting before Utd stepped in.

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
He was playing for France's version of Spurs!!! The fact is we were the only ones that wanted to take a risk on him untill Barca came in real late! Not saying he wasn't unknown but far from Big Superstar signing unless you happened to be Nike!!

P.S Ronaldo was well known by everytop club in Europe!! is not my fault you never heard of him tell you seen his name on teletext!!!
Bollox, noone know who Ronaldo was until Sporting played United in pre season game, you're taking shite fella.

Are you saying that Ronaldo was a well know as Dinho when he was a sporting? the same dinho that was a regular for Brazil and played at the world cup? compaired to Ronnie who had played a handfull of games at Sporting?

GGGGGGIIIIIIIMMMMMMMPPPPPPP

Balloonless

Spammy said:
Sheva had an amazing scoring record in the CL and cost £17m, Ronaldinho was widely regarded as the next big thing at PSG, Ronaldo had only made 25 appearances at Sporting before Utd stepped in.
Cheers Spammy

Mainoldo

Spammy said:
Sheva cost £17m in a market that was very inflated at the time with players such a Figo going for £30m. Ronaldinho was widley regarded as the next big thing but what wasn't Quaresma and Ronaldo seen as Portugal's next big hopes!!?? It's not like we pulled off a Arsenal signing in Ronaldo, he cost us £12m in a market where prices were falling hence us not willing to bid £21m on Ronaldinho which seems stupid now! O yeh and how much did we pay for Rooney who made how many appearances for Everton that season(although the Euro's didn't push up his price but i'm sure we would have been looking in the region of £17m)??

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
Bollox, noone know who Ronaldo was until Sporting played United in pre season game, you're taking shite fella.

Are you saying that Ronaldo was a well know as Dinho when he was a sporting? the same dinho that was a regular for Brazil and played at the world cup? compaired to Ronnie who had played a handfull of games at Sporting?

GGGGGGIIIIIIIMMMMMMMPPPPPPP
Exactly my point i was trying to say! Jus that was the 1st time you heard of him!

SirOla

Deluded relationship expert
Mainoldo said:
I agree. Not with you though Mainoldo. I don't believe I was the only who heard Ronaldo's name for the first time when he already was playing for us... Sheva and Ronaldinho were stars already. Although I agree Sheva was young and Ronaldinho didn't play well for PSG when they were bought but still - they were stars. Ronaldo wasn't star, he was perhaps very promising but had only played like one season.

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
Sheva cost £17m in a market that was very inflated at the time with players such a Figo going for £30m. Ronaldinho was widley regarded as the next big thing but what wasn't Quaresma and Ronaldo seen as Portugal's next big hopes!!?? It's not like we pulled off a Arsenal signing in Ronaldo, he cost us £12m in a market where prices were falling hence us not willing to bid £21m on Ronaldinho which seems stupid now! O yeh and how much did we pay for Rooney who made how many appearances for Everton that season(although the Euro's didn't push up his price but i'm sure we would have been looking in the region of £17m)??
Can you just answer me three questions:

1. Was Ronaldo a 'Superstar' when we played the pre season game with sporting? Yes or No?

2. Was Ronaldo widley know as 'The next biggest thing' in football

3. Was Ronaldo (when at Sporting) as well know as Dinho (when at PSG)?

SirOla

Deluded relationship expert
Balloonless said:
Signing Torres wouldn't cost nearly as much as buying Kaka. And we bought Carrick for 18 million for god sake. And the thing is we could have a use for a world-class goalscorer. All I'm saying is that buying a big one is a good option but shouldn't be a must. And Nani is going to cost a lot of money if we ever bought him!

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
Can you just answer me three questions:

1. Was Ronaldo a 'Superstar' when we played the pre season game with sporting? Yes or No?

2. Was Ronaldo widley know as 'The next biggest thing' in football

3. Was Ronaldo (when at Sporting) as well know as Dinho (when at PSG)?
1)No
2)Yes
3)No (he was a young apprentice at Sporting why not ask if he was as well known when playing for Gremio!!)

MalibuKen

when ronaldinho played for PSG he was pretty much known as the hottest thing in world football.

Ronaldo at Sporting was not really known outside of Portugal, truthfully how many of you lot had actually heard of Cristiano Ronaldo before he signed?

I'll bet that not many of you did.

I did though, beat that cnuts.

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
1)No
2)Yes
3)No (he was a young apprentice at Sporting why not ask if he was as well known when playing for Gremio!!)
Good, glad you at least admit that Ronaldo was not a 'Star' when we signed him.

Do you retract your original post then? :smirk:

SATA

Ronaldinho was already well-known at PSG way before the World Cup in 2002. He was already a superstar by then.

Except pple in Portugal, none knew who Ronaldo was when United played Sporting in that friendly. Simple as that.

Balloonless

sweeeeeeeeeeet said:
when ronaldinho played for PSG he was pretty much known as the hottest thing in world football.

Ronaldo at Sporting was not really known outside of Portugal, truthfully how many of you lot had actually heard of Cristiano Ronaldo before he signed?

I'll bet that not many of you did.

I did though, beat that cnuts.
I knew of him when we played them in a friendly, I actually remember turning around to the missus and saying "why do we never sign players like that"

Thanks Fergie.

MalibuKen

Balloonless said:
I knew of him when we played them in a friendly, I actually remember turning around to the missus and saying "why do we never sign players like that"

Thanks Fergie.
well other than the friendly?

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
Good, glad you at least admit that Ronaldo was not a 'Star' when we signed him.

Do you retract your original post then? :smirk:
No! Man Utd bought Ronaldo in the hope that they had just purchased a Superstar before he even begain to develop, same could be said if we bought Dinho from Gremio! The kind of transfers your talking about are the Ole, kolo Toure sorts were we buy relatively unknown keep signings that turn out to be gems(Not Superstars)!! which is different!

and to the person insiting Ronaldinho was had bigger status than Ronaldo, did you hear of Dinho when he was playing for Gremio?? why did Dinho only manage to make a move to PSG when Ronaldo managed to get a move to United at a younger age! Who had a better 1st world Cup aswell Ronaldinho except for the England game was quiet throughout the tournment, i was along with others thought he was going to set the world cup onlight!

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
Nope, before the friendly, never heard of him.
You make your self look like a cnut, your talking bout all these players and you never heard of half of them before they made their big money move!!;) I suppose you never noticed Henry played in the 98 World Cup!?

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
No! Man Utd bought Ronaldo in the hope that they had just purchased a Superstar before he even begain to develop, same could be said if we bought Dinho from Gremio! The kind of transfers your talking about are the Ole, kolo Toure sorts were we buy relatively unknown keep signings that turn out to be gems(Not Superstars)!! which is different!

and to the person insiting Ronaldinho was had bigger status than Ronaldo, did you hear of Dinho when he was playing for Gremio?? why did Dinho only manage to make a move to PSG when Ronaldo managed to get a move to United at a younger age! Who had a better 1st world Cup aswell Ronaldinho except for the England game was quiet throughout the tournment, i was along with others thought he was going to set the world cup onlight!
I can't be bothered with your stupidity any more.

Balloonless

Mainoldo said:
You make your self look like a cnut, your talking bout all these players and you never heard of half of them before they made their big money move!!;) I suppose you never noticed Henry played in the 98 World Cup!?
OMG!!!

Yes, that's the point you are missing, we had all heard or dinho, henry, kaka, sheva BEFORE they moved to big clubs.

Most of us on here had NEVER heard of Ronnie, he was not a star player when he moved, all players mentioned above where.

I dont see why you are trying to take the piss because I had not heard of Ronnie before our interest, I dont think 90% of people on this forum heard of him/.

Mainoldo

Balloonless said:
OMG!!!

Yes, that's the point you are missing, we had all heard or dinho, henry, kaka, sheva BEFORE they moved to big clubs.

Most of us on here had NEVER heard of Ronnie, he was not a star player when he moved, all players mentioned above where.

I dont see why you are trying to take the piss because I had not heard of Ronnie before our interest, I dont think 90% of people on this forum heard of him/.
Speak for your self!

Kaka-Milan (Not a star)

Ronaldinho- PSG (Not a star) although big clubs were interested, but if you believe the romours we rushed the Ronaldo deal because Madrid and Barca were also showing interest

Henry- Juventus(Not a star) Do you think Juve fans were jumping for joy when they heard that Henry was final moving to them:houllier: