Gator Nate

The next six matches are pretty brutal:

Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa)
Away vs. Chelsea (Premier)
Away vs. Palace (Premier)
Away vs. City (Premier)
Home vs. West Ham (Premier)
Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup)

That's all four of the other top-5 league teams in five games. If we can survive that, we'll be in pretty good shape.

We should be able to rest the EL game, with first-XI subs on the bench just in case. Against West Ham, their latest star, some kid named Lingard, won't be available. The other four matches are on the road, where we've been decent enough, Palace have pretty much been headless chickens (I don't see Hodgson surviving to next season), and we usually show up for top-tier teams.

I think we win them all. :wenger:

What say you?

el3mel

Well, the Sociedad game shouldn't count as it's a dead rubber anyway with first leg result.

I'm relaxed otherwise. I'm confident of us pulling out enough points to finish top 4 which is the best we will achieve this season unfortunately as it sands. 2nd from 3rd doesn't matter but I hope we will finish at least close distance to those that will finish ahead of us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Predictions:
Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa) - don't care as long as we don't ship four
Away vs. Chelsea (Premier) - probably play alright and lose in the most irritating way possible, maybe De Gea chucks one in
Away vs. Palace (Premier) - solid win
Away vs. City (Premier) - get bummed
Home vs. West Ham (Premier) - scrape by in a game that's as much fun as dental surgery
Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup) - solid win

meamth

We are away champions aren't we? Or City overtaken us?

Except for City, I think we would have a nervous comeback win after wins.

Water Melon

City is very likely a loss. Chelsea and Leicester games are at least draws, hopefully. I will be really disappointed if we finish below foxes and/or chavs, especially if we have no cup to lift. Finishing second and winning EL would make it a good season for me.

Raredaredevil

Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa) - We will still beat them even with a 4-0 lead as their style plays right into our hands. Win

Away vs. Chelsea (Premier) - Chelsea is historically our bogey team and even though Ole has a great record against Chelsea. Played 7, win 4, draw 2 and lost 1. We always struggle at Stamford Bridge and with their new manager bounce and Tuchel actually being a top manager and I rate him as a better manager than Ole, I think we would lose this game. We also have an awful record against the top 6 this season. We have not beaten any top 6 teams if memory serves me right. We can't even beat Arsenal who isn't even a top 6 team anymore. Lose

Away vs. Palace (Premier) - They have been pretty solid under Hodgson and a tough team at home but there is a reason why they lost 0-7 to Liverpool at home and languishing in 14th in the league. I expect us to get revenge for our 1-3 loss to them in Sept last year. Win

Away vs. City (Premier) - On paper, they should beat us easily but I think Ole will set us up for a draw. His record against City is Win 3, lose 3 and draw 1. That's decent considering we are facing the best team in England. Draw

Home vs. West Ham (Premier) - Moyes's West Ham has impressed me this season, still reckon we will beat them. Lingard will also want to prove a point but our quality will shine through, hopefully. Win

Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup) - We will beat Leicester and as usual, get knocked out in the semi-final. Win

Disregarding the Real Sociedad match since we are basically through, I will be more than happy with the following results. If there is one game I hope we can win most out of these 6 games, it will be Chelsea. Our direct rival for top 4 and we can increase the gap.

Jericho

Only care about league games. We tend to give a good account of ourselves in the bigger ones, I'd be most concerned about that West Ham game. It's exactly the kind of game we f**k up.

Eddy_JukeZ

10 points from those 4 league games would be pretty good.

We need to start getting more wins vs the top half of the table.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

Away vs. City (Premier)

That's all four of the other top-5 league teams in five games. If we can survive that, we'll be in pretty good shape.

We should be able to rest the EL game, with first-XI subs on the bench just in case. Against West Ham, their latest star, some kid named Lingard, won't be available. The other four matches are on the road, where we've been decent enough, Palace have pretty much been headless chickens (I don't see Hodgson surviving to next season), and we usually show up for top-tier teams.

What say you?
We are the team that idiotically dropped points with league's bottom two teams, after being the too of the league. We are the team that dropped out of Champions League after beating the crap out of PSG but losing to a nothing team in Istanbul. So any predictions are worthless. But really if we get our shit together the only team to worry about, on that list is Man City. And maybe Leicester, but we usually do well against Leicester so hopefully tradition continues.

Chelsea is a team that just fired their manager. All others are clearly inferior to us and those games would be ours to lose

RashyForPM

Sociedad - Dead rubber. 1-1 draw. Diallo to score hopefully.

Chelsea - 0-0. They create very little, we’ll set up like we’re playing Mourinho’s first Chelsea team.

Palace - Scrappy 0-2 win. Bruno and Rashford to get us over the line again.

City - Annoying thing is they’ve realised how to play against us. Prepare for the Rodri-Fernandinho midfield and probably 1 goal each in both halves for them. 2-0 loss unfortunately.

West Ham - Perfect game for a 2-1 win. Will probably be something similar to the Villa game.

Leicester - It’s the cup QF, meaning we’ll win. Gonna need to get Bournemouth/Southampton in the semi’s though to give us an easy route to get the SF monkey off our back.

If my predictions are correct, that’s 7/12 points in the league with only 2 of the big 6 and Leicester to play, with 2 of those 3 games at home. We’ll also be in another cup semi and EL RO16 (albeit that will be played in the middle of that run, so hopefully QF). I’ll take that to be honest, as we’ll probably still be in 2nd or at the very least, 3rd.

RedDevil@84

We need to have Maguire not making any stupid decisions. That's an impossible task

RedDevil@84

Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa) - Play Diallo and Shoretire. Sociedad get destroyed 4-0 again.
Away vs. Chelsea (Premier) - Play boring football and get a well deserved 0-0
Away vs. Palace (Premier) - Struggle and huff and puff, but a win.
Away vs. City (Premier) - Lose 1-0. Maguire gifts one.
Home vs. West Ham (Premier) - Struggle to a 1-1
Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup) - Win 2-1.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Jesse Lingard is not eligible to play for West Ham against Manchester United, for those posters thinking he'll play.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Predictions:
Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa) - don't care as long as we don't ship four
Away vs. Chelsea (Premier) - probably play alright and lose in the most irritating way possible, maybe De Gea chucks one in
Away vs. Palace (Premier) - solid win
Away vs. City (Premier) - get bummed
Home vs. West Ham (Premier) - scrape by in a game that's as much fun as dental surgery
Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup) - solid win
You obviously never had the chance of being doctored by a lovely sexy sultry dentist with a 38C

Longshanks

We will beat Chelsea and city but lose against palace and draw against west ham. Seems about right for this season

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
With the way the league is looking right now the Chelsea game is arguably our biggest game of the season so far. A win all but secures a top four place IMO.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We never do as badly in this types of runs as people think we do and in the away games especially our record is mint

I'm expecting a bore draw against Chelsea, win against Palace and maybe a defeat against City but again we should have faith due to our away record

SER19

These are always so unpredictable, would have been optimistic about a 6 with Sheffield United Everton home and west Brom away. Anyway here's my guess

Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa) a scrappy 1 nil. W

I actually think we'll win this 1-2. W

Another win, 0-2 W

Away vs. City (Premier)
Lose. 3-1 L

Draw. 1-1 and happy by the time final whistle goes. D

W to restore some good mood after the previous 2. W

wolvored

Think we will lose the next 2 league games Chelsea by the odd goal and City by 2-3. Sociadad win. West ham will probably be a draw. We will beat Palace. We will scrape through on pens to Leicester and get City in the semis

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We’ll be out the top 4 by the end of it and out the cup. Huge pressure on Ole. Caf back to being a nut house.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Away vs. City (Premier)

What say you?
I'd take 7 points and a win in the Cup.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
For the 4 PL games, we should aim to at least draw with Chelsea and City then beat West Ham and Palace. 8 points from them 4 games will be a good run.

Being realistic, I think we will get 5 points from the 4 games. Lose to City, draw Chelsea and West Ham and beat Palace.

Bertie Wooster

Biggest game for me there is the Leicester game in the Q/F.

As long as we can get through to the next round of both cups, then our season will still be very much alive on all fronts.

I can only see a maximum of 5-7 points from those four league games. A draw or loss away to Chelsea and City, and hopefully wins in the other two but wouldn't be surprised with dropped points in either of them as well.

gazbradley

Chelsea game could be tricky, tuchel has played against us a couple of times recently so will have some knowledge of how we’ll likely set up. Would love ole to try something different against city, they seem to know how to play against us recently and has made for boring games with us looking far too defensive. Fingers crossed by the end of this run the talk of us pushing city for the title picks up again

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wow thats a tough run of games! Also, why do we play 3 away games in a row?

Kaos

I'm a little nervous with a midfield pairing of Matic and Fred going into those games. We need McSauce and Pogba back ASAP.

Also wouldn't kill for Martial to remember he's a striker and actually score some goals.

Ola

It will be easier if DDG, Maguire and Martial are not picked to start...

OleTheGreat

Home vs. Real Sociedad (Europa)- Play Amad and he scores a brace.
Away vs. Chelsea (Premier)- This can be a tricky game but I have a feeling we'll get on their nerves and get a win against Tuchel.
Away vs. Palace (Premier)- Tough game but we should go there seeking revenge. Win!
Away vs. City (Premier)- Could be a stalemate or City might steal the show. It all depends on how we feel during the day.
Home vs. West Ham (Premier)- It will definitely be the toughest game we play because we play awful football at OT. Scrape through, if we manage to be unscathed from earlier games.
Away vs. Leicester (FA Cup)- Definitely need to go for it! 2-2 last time around was not enough.

These games will truly show where we stand and I'm optimistic because we are better on the road and intend to keep the record for as long as we can.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Next Europa League games are after City and after West Ham. So:
  • Thursday - Sociedad - full rotate
  • Sunday - Chelsea - first 11
  • Wednesday - Palace - small rotate
  • Sunday - City - first 11
  • Thursday - europa - small rotate
  • Sunday - west Ham - small rotate
  • Thursday - europa - full rotate (hopefully)
  • Sunday - Leicester - first 11
My guess is we go through in Europe to the quarter finals, go through in the FA Cup, beat Palace, West Ham, draw to Chelsea and lose to City.

Giggsy13

I’d love another win away to Chelsea especially with Tuchel managing them now. We owe him one after the loss to PSG at OT.

When Ole has been counted out during a tough run of fixtures, the team usually steps up. Last year I recall the media narrative of his job being on the line with Spurs and City in consecutive matches and the team surprisingly won both. We could go on another great run but Ole is his own worst enemy at times. He continues to pick players who are out of form and fails to reward players like Bailly or Greenwood. Selecting James was the odd time this year of rewarding a squad player with consecutive starts.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The one I fear most is against Fairy Liquid FC because I imagine they'll want to have a proper go after we've beaten them twice already.

City is City and anything can happen on derby day. I think we'll do Palace and Chelsea well probably be a dead rubber.