Swansea v Manchester United (U23)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Reece Devine continues to impress, I said a few months ago i'd to see(l-r)Devine - Mengi - Laird - Williams get a run of games together, it would be harsh on Bernard but Teden is a better defender and you'd need that with the kamikaze twins bombing down the wings.
Who would you have in CB in that back 4 you've listed?

RedDevilRoshi

Just wondering, with the 1st team being so short of options up front, does Mellor have an opportunity of breaking into the team or is he not quite good enough for 1st team football?

Just that his stats look very good.

AltiUn

Just wondering, with the 1st team being so short of options up front, does Mellor have an opportunity of breaking into the team or is he not quite good enough for 1st team football?

I don’t think he’s good enough personally, but he’s come a long way in the last few years and his attitude is top notch, I’m fairly confident he’ll go on to have a solid career.

mat85

How was your man who got cancer rated before falling unwell?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don’t think he’s good enough personally, but he’s come a long way in the last few years and his attitude is top notch, I’m fairly confident he’ll go on to have a solid career.
He is a really likeable player with his style. I agree he'll have a decent career due to his attitude, but if he could develop his talent to a greater extent and add goals to his style of play he might even get to play in the PL.

How highly is Levitt rated in here? Every time I've watched him I've been as impressed as with Garner. I haven't really noticed a big gap between their talent.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
What chance do any of those who played have of featuring for the first team?

Gonna have to get down to an U23 game at Leigh (assuming that's where they play?)

lysglimt

Scout

Gonna have to get down to an U23 game at Leigh (assuming that's where they play?)
Depends if you are talking about this year or - just general.

The player closest is Levitt. Laird would be up there if not for all his injuries. I can't see anyone else getting their debut this season.

SteveW

He's a hard worker but isn't anywhere near first team potential here to be totally honest.

AltiUn

If, and that is a big if, he can get over his injury issues I think Laird is nailed on for first team minutes at some point.

Mickson

How was your man who got cancer rated before falling unwell?
He's nothing special (talking about Manchester United standard) but one hell of a human being. If he can keep developing and staying healthy, he'll have a decent League One-career or something.

No, not really. As has been said earlier; he's a hard worker and is a decent player but won't make it at United. I'm pretty certain at that statement.

lysglimt

Scout
He's nothing special (talking about Manchester United standard) but one hell of a human being. If he can keep developing and staying healthy, he'll have a decent League One-career or something.

No, not really. As has been said earlier; he's a hard worker and is a decent player but won't make it at United. I'm pretty certain at that statement.
Yeah something like that - he is quite good at a lot of things, but not very good at anything. But he has performed a lot better this season than I expected from him. He can have a good career - but I ll be very surprised if he comes close to our first-team

Mickson

Yeah something like that - he is quite good at a lot of things, but not very good at anything. But he has performed a lot better this season than I expected from him. He can have a good career - but I ll be very surprised if he comes close to our first-team
Yeah he's very okayish at a lot of things. A good player. He has developed his goal-scoring this season which I really didn't think he would do but fair enough. He should be better than Bohui who was quite similar though.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a battering ram who can hold the ball up and he's not a bad finisher. Might score more goals than Lingard...

Have to agree generally, probably just not quite got the skills for the top level but I think he might have a surprisingly good career.

NickyT

Got relegated two years ago.

Kovar - great
Laird - great
Mengi - really good
Bernard - ok but filled with mistakes
Devine - pretty good
Levitt- great
Galbraith- good
Puigmal- good
Largie - transitioned really good
Traore- lazy shit
Mellor - good all rounder with great work ethic
Traore is a very good talent, just needed time to settle, don't confuse bad form with lack of class, you have to take into account that he had quite a bit of time out through injury, and initially, with his international clearance, he's had steady progress so far.

Also a lot of those players you rated as good shouldn't make the grade at United because tbh good isn't good enough for United, especially right now.

In fact... do you mean they have a good chance of making it at the club? or at premier league level? In the game?

Furthermore, Bernard is most definitely not good enough, it's pretty clear to see why Chelsea let him go.

AltiUn

Traore is a very good talent, just needed time to settle, don't confuse bad form with lack of class, you have to take into account that he had quite a bit of time out through injury, and initially, with his international clearance, he's had steady progress so far.

Also a lot of those players you rated as good shouldn't make the grade at United because tbh good isn't good enough for United, especially right now.

In fact... do you mean they have a good chance of making it at the club? or at premier league level? In the game?

Furthermore, Bernard is most definitely not good enough, it's pretty clear to see why Chelsea let him go.
Personally I think Traore settled very quickly, I don’t remember him needing a bedding in period and from the first game you knew what he was all about.

Agree with you about Bernard, he’s not good enough. Has an excellent aerial presence though.

For the record, I don’t think he’s rating their chances of making it at United, rather their quality.

In Rainbows

I don't think it's a case of bad form. Just look at Traore's qualities. The best things about Traore is his technical feet which allows him to keep the ball at times, and his physicality. He's not some great passer, doesn't have vision, isn't some great scorer, isn't some amazing defensive presence, and isn't some amazing dribbler.

A good comparison is TFM. TFM is probably slightly superior physically, and doesn't have the technical feet of Traore. Thing is, TFM was an amazing tackler, had workrate, and was a defender playing as a midfielder. He could also drive forward with the ball like Traore when given space, and he also wasn't some amazing attacking player. Unless Traore shifts to a more defensive player, I struggle to think why he'll turn out better than TFM. Traore should try and emulate McTominay, and given that it's incredibly rare that McTominay of all talents managed to develop into a first team player, I think it's unlikely we get struck by lightning twice.