Swarm

Art Vandelay

Yeah, we are pressing as a team for the most part and trying to play on the front foot. It's not perfected yet, but very encouraging signs. Especially since we are transforming from the opposite.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Definitely encouraging. People make fun of Ole for being a Cardiff reject, but there is a plan there, and you can already see the signs of a system and an identifiable style of play in just one transfer window. Something his predecessors couldn't do with several.

SER19

Solskjaers doing pretty much everything most fans were asking for.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
And let's not forget its 900°c out there. To play and defend at the tempo we have is impressive.

Allas8

Don't miss pre-season 1 year ago where we ended the Real Madrid game like this:

De Gea
Darmian - TFM - Bailly - Tuanzebe - McTominay - Shaw - Mitchell
Herrea - Mata
Sanchez

NoLogo

Come on this is what we wanted right?

Ole has them playing at high tempo and like a swarm.

Not so doom and gloom yet.
Looking good right now against albeit a very week looking Inter team that seems far earlier in their pre-season than us. But yeah I hope Ole can get us to play with high intensity all season and it will last longer than pre-season or a dozen games.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looking good right now against albeit a very week looking Inter team that seems far earlier in their pre-season than us. But yeah I hope Ole can get us to play with high intensity all season and it will last longer than pre-season or a dozen games.
I don't think they look weak, they've defended very well, they just don't have much nous up front and are struggling to get a foot on the ball in midfield because of the way we're playing.

NoLogo

I don't think they look weak, they've defended very well, they just don't have much nous up front and are struggling to get a foot on the ball in midfield because of the way we're playing.
No doubt there is still a lot of work to be done and I still maintain my view that we need an upgrade on the right wing, centrel defense and in central midfield to really compete with Spurs, Le Arse, Chelsea and Wolves for a CL spot.

SER19

Rebuilding a new squad...how's that going?

Getting results in the PL...how's that going?

Cmon mate, this is pre-season ffs, it means nothing. Wait til the season starts for these threads.
Into squad- wan bissaka, James, Greenwood, gomes, players Woodward has failed on absolutely not solskjaers fault, maguire longstaff fernandes. This is a mix of youth speed enthusiasm we all want. If woodward fails him then we're in the same boat surprise surprise

Out- Fellaini, Valencia, herrera, aiming to offload lukaku darmian sanchez

Playing style- High pressing and fitness the blatant goals of pre season

Outlook- goes beyond what some have called empty words. There's a clear standard and expectation of players and himself and staff.

Regarding pl results let's see as season goes, he was a 3rd in league in his spell where he entered a toxic environment.

As far as I can see all our failings continue to be woodwards

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No doubt there is still a lot of work to be done and I still maintain my view that we need an upgrade on the right wing, centrel defense and in central midfield to really compete with Spurs, Le Arse, Chelsea and Wolves for a CL spot.
Not saying you're wrong (other than Wolves and even Arsenal) but I really don't see what that has to do with whether Inter are shit or not.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Rebuilding a new squad...how's that going?

Getting results in the PL...how's that going?

Cmon mate, this is pre-season ffs, it means nothing. Wait til the season starts for these threads.
Point taken, and fairly made...but it has to start somewhere.

This is a chance for Ole to stamp his style in a pre season. It might mean nothing come the season, it might represent a chance for him to drill into these what he wants. Who knows.

SteveW

I actually like this team now. So much workrate and intensity. They've bought into Ole's approach

Raven

I actually like this team now. So much workrate and intensity. They've bought into Ole's approach
Yeah, I assumed they would. They needed a break after last season with the change of approach mid season, they were physically and mentally drained. I'm looking forward to this season immensely.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
People always take threads like this to mean more than they do. He's got a style of play implemented and is developing something. Couldn't ask for more at the moment

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't know how many games we can play like this, this high intensity football needs very good fitness levels and we are still building that. I love performances like these, working so hard and then players playing as a proper unit.

djembatheking

Looking much more lively , hopefully we won`t be fecked by the time the season starts .

MalcolmTucker

Yep I'm excited with this team - feel like we're going in the right direction and have a definite style of play we're trying to execute + an exciting batch of young players coming through.

100% certain we're winning the league AND world cup this season.

SteveW

Yeah, I assumed they would. They needed a break after last season with the change of approach mid season, they were physically and mentally drained. I'm looking forward to this season immensely.
That was my reading of it too. They ran out of legs.

Raven

That was my reading of it too. They ran out of legs.
Yeah, that much became clear to me when half of our squad got injured. Then all of a sudden, the team that finished second less than 12 months previously were probably going to be overtaken by Wolves and Leicester :houllier::lol:

SaintMuppet

Gettin excited after 3 preseason games is asking to be disappointed. These games mean nothing. I’d wait till 10 games into the season before starting to think any corners have been turned.....

SteveW

Yeah, that much became clear to me when half of our squad got injured. Then all of a sudden, the team that finished second less than 12 months previously were probably going to be overtaken by Wolves and Leicester :houllier::lol:
Some people just want to moan and find scapegoats. It was obvious when half the squad started picking up muscular injuries. But there was no talking to them.

We still desperately need a midfielder to ensure we dont end up battling with those teams. Imagine if Pogba got injured.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
OGS wanted to press from the start the last campaign and we saw it the first 10 or so matches. The injuries occurred from the PSG and Livepool matches and the busy schedule changed everything. He had to play more conservative and this is when things started to fall apart.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
100% moving in the right direction.

We won’t master it instantly but it’ll be a hell of a lot more effective than sitting back and gifting the opposition the ball like we did under the previous manager.

The best teams in the world do it, so we have to follow. Our players look much happier doing it too, you can sense the hunger is back.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I hate the Cardiff argument he had no chance there it was a mess. The biggest mistake he made was going there.

Reddevildans

Nothing to get excited about. We've seen it before in pre season. Lots of energy and zap. We will probably start well in the first few games of the season but I predict another false dawn. If things remain the same I can't see us improving from last season.

Raven

Some people just want to moan and find scapegoats. It was obvious when half the squad started picking up muscular injuries. But there was no talking to them.

We still desperately need a midfielder to ensure we dont end up battling with those teams. Imagine if Pogba got injured.
A good midfielder would be good, I don't think Bruno is right though. I think this squad makes top 4 without much of a fuss this season.

Amarsdd

The most encouraging thing I saw today was that our gameplan continued even when we changed half the team. That's the sign that there is a definite system and everyone seems to be learning it well very quickly.

Reactions: 711