Sweden - Euro 2021 Discussion

Irwin99

Felt a bit sorry for them actually, although it's a great story for Ukraine. Hit the bar/post three times I think,and had a player sent off for a freak accident of a challenge. I actually would have fancied them to give England and Denmark/Czech Republic a tough game.

lysglimt

Scout
Felt a bit sorry for them actually, although it's a great story for Ukraine. Hit the bar/post three times I think,and had a player sent off for a freak accident of a challenge. I actually would have fancied them to give England and Denmark/Czech Republic a tough game.
If your definition of a freak accident of a challenge is planting your studs in someones knee - yeah sure, then it was a freak accident. Awful tackle - one of the worst I have seen in a long time.

brianjones

Decent game from Sweden until the unfortunate but clear red. Forsberg really is good to watch when plays like he did today.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They played well all tournie in fairness, todays game was a 50/50 that I'd say they shaded so a 53/47. Forsberg was unlucky not to have a couple more but Ukraine hit the woodwork also. Harsh way to go out. They have a nice front 3.

JohnnyLaw

If your definition of a freak accident of a challenge is planting your studs in someones knee - yeah sure, then it was a freak accident. Awful tackle - one of the worst I have seen in a long time.
It quite clearly wasn’t meant as a tackle though. He clearly plays the ball, what happens afterwards is incredibly unfortunate.

Irwin99

Complete accident, just like Nani's red card a few years back, not even a tackle. A Ukrainian accidentally planted his knee in one of the Swedish players faces which could easily have concussed him; is that a red card too?
It quite clearly wasn’t meant as a tackle though. He clearly plays the ball, what happens afterwards is incredibly unfortunate.
Agree. Very unlucky.