Television Sweet Tooth

DouLou

Been caught pooping
No thread already for this amazing Netflix show???

Ten years ago "The Great Crumble" wreaked havoc on the world and led to the mysterious emergence of hybrid babies born part human, part animal. Unsure if hybrids are the cause or result of the virus, many humans fear and hunt them. After a decade of living safely in his secluded forest home, a sheltered hybrid deer-boy named Gus (Christian Convery) unexpectedly befriends a wandering loner named Jepperd (Nonso Anozie). Together they set out on an extraordinary adventure across what is left of America in search of answers—about Gus' origins, Jepperd's past, and the true meaning of home. But their story is full of unexpected allies and enemies, and Gus quickly learns the lush, dangerous world outside the forest is more complex than he ever could have imagined.

I've loved it so far (two episodes to go). It's basically an adventure/drama in a post apocalyptic setting, but it's heartfelt and brilliantly made. I think the kid actor does a good job of being endearing and not annoying, and there's a nice dynamic between him and "Big man" which grows over time. I won't say anything more out of fear for spoiling, but it's well worth a watch! I think the first episode sets the tone well, but give it at least two before you make up your mind!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I tested positive for covid at the weekend so basically I’ve binged through the whole series in a couple of days. It’s decent and the ending sets it up for season two quite nicely. I know it’s a minor thing but the narrator completely does my head in, despite the fact he only has about four lines per episode. He just says something stupid whilst trying to make it sound clever or thought provoking. I also agree with you on the kids performance, on the first couple of episodes he threatens to be annoying but I did grow fond of him in the end. His relationship with Big Man is the best part of the show I think.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Adults. Has some childish charm to it sure, but its about the new type of children being treated badly and abused. I dont think thats for children
Cheers. I will give it a watch some time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought it was decent, has a bit of a The Last of Us vibe with the story. The kid was very good in his role.

Sylar

Enjoyed this, binged it all yesterday

The ending for sure sets it up for s2 (and does a good job of making me want to see more)

The characters are quite good and does a good job of mixing stories from the different parts and the morality behind what the doctor wants to do vs needs to do as well.

Am I to assume
big mans son is part of the captured hybrids? One of the hybrids looked close to the baby version

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Enjoyed this, binged it all yesterday

The ending for sure sets it up for s2 (and does a good job of making me want to see more)

The characters are quite good and does a good job of mixing stories from the different parts and the morality behind what the doctor wants to do vs needs to do as well.

Am I to assume
big mans son is part of the captured hybrids? One of the hybrids looked close to the baby version
You'd recommend it? I still haven't gotten around to it.

Sylar

You'd recommend it? I still haven't gotten around to it.
Depends on taste and what you want to get out of it

It's a fun season 1 that has a build for s2 and a nice story. It's not ground breaking but the actors and performances help especially the two main ones on focus and the chemistry between them

. Me and the gf finished it in a day, she's very hard to please on shows which can be annoying for trying to start new shows but she liked it (I'm less fussy and watch all sorts of crap)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Depends on taste and what you want to get out of it

It's a fun season 1 that has a build for s2 and a nice story. It's not ground breaking but the actors and performances help especially the two main ones on focus and the chemistry between them
Thanks bud. Decent enough action in it? I'm into a variety of stuff. The darker/grittier, the better though.

Sylar

Thanks bud. Decent enough action in it? I'm into a variety of stuff. The darker/grittier, the better though.
Some of the action is ok but I can't remember it being action filled. Maybe a sequence per episode

One scene with a horse had me laughing so much... You will know when you see it

Not really dark/gritty IMO but I like the morality theme surrounding it
Id say watch ep1 and 2 and you will certainly get an idea of what the show is going to be like.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Some of the action is ok but I can't remember it being action filled. Maybe a sequence per episode

One scene with a horse had me laughing so much... You will know when you see it

Not really dark/gritty IMO but I like the morality theme surrounding it
Id say watch ep1 and 2 and you will certainly get an idea of what the show is going to be like.
Yeah i'll give it a go then. Thanks mate.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I enjoyed this. Had some pretty dark moments as well.

I dislike how Netflix releases everything at once because that means I can't enter a thread like this before I've watched everything for fear of seeing spoilers.
Am I to assume
I think so. The show has very much been a "fan pleaser" in terms of everyone being brought together all the time, if you get me.

Sylar

I enjoyed this. Had some pretty dark moments as well.

I dislike how Netflix releases everything at once because that means I can't enter a thread like this before I've watched everything for fear of seeing spoilers.

I think so. The show has very much been a "fan pleaser" in terms of everyone being brought together all the time, if you get me.
Yeah I get you
On both points

With your first point there's advantages and disadvantages to both styles
Advantage is obviously the binge factor or seeing a whole season at your pace

The negative is the discussion for something awesome
For example lost and GoT don't become as big without the week to week discussions and theories and such

padr81

Supports
Man City
I sat down to watch this with my daughter thinking "I'm gonna hate this" but in the end I really enjoyed it. Some of the vfx can be kinda poor and some of the costumes are awful but the story is on point imho, its fun, sad, dramatic etc.. all when it needs to be. Great build up and good ending. Highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is it for children or adults or both?
I’m 4 episode in with my two kids (10 & 12) and can’t think of many (any?) other shows we’ve watched that we’ve all enjoyed equally as much the way we have done with this one. I might not have enjoyed it quite as much watching it on my own but it’s still very good. Recommend.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It filmed mid-pandemic actually, so it was definitely a deliberate choice to feature it that much. I don't know how much the comic focused on it.
Oh right. It gets pretty fecking dark in the scenes about the virus. Very close to the bone.

The house party where yer man ended up wrapped in clingfilm and set on fire prompted an interesting discussion with my kids about covid!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Oh right. It gets pretty fecking dark in the scenes about the virus. Very close to the bone.

The house party where yer man ended up wrapped in clingfilm and set on fire prompted an interesting discussion with my kids about covid!
That was played perfectly, in a quite matter of fact, surreal manner.

I've heard that the comic is very dark, and graphic. The TV series is more charming, almost cutesy, but it deals with the same themes.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
That was played perfectly, in a quite matter of fact, surreal manner.

I've heard that the comic is very dark, and graphic. The TV series is more charming, almost cutesy, but it deals with the same themes.
Yeah, it was really good. The guy from Four Lions is becoming one of my favourite character actors. He was excellent in Back To Life (quality wee telly series if you haven’t watched it)

The casting/acting in this is a big factor in why it is so good. Big Man and the kid both play their parts amazingly well.

Sylar

And the singing afterwards...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s so long between tv show series now that I almost completely forget what happened. Like I remember really enjoying this when it came out but because I can barely remember it now I don’t have any massive urge to watch the second season, because there’s so much other shit to watch.

doesn’t help that Netflix will probably cancel it if it doesn’t get hundreds of millions of viewers.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It’s so long between tv show series now that I almost completely forget what happened. Like I remember really enjoying this when it came out but because I can barely remember it now I don’t have any massive urge to watch the second season, because there’s so much other shit to watch.

doesn’t help that Netflix will probably cancel it if it doesn’t get hundreds of millions of viewers.
Animal-y children exist and are being made into medicine. Evil soldier-guy (probably a colonel, all the worst military types are always colonels) is evil. Big man tries to protect animal boy.

That's what I remember.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Animal-y children exist and are being made into medicine. Evil soldier-guy (probably a colonel, all the worst military types are always colonels) is evil. Big man tries to protect animal boy.

That's what I remember.
Yeah, I have the memory of a cabbage but a one pager synopsis online sorted it out for me. The plot is simple enough to jump straight back in without much bother. I’m still bummed about not being able to watch season 2 of Dark because my simple mind had lost all the relevant information. So this was a bit of a relief.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yeah, I have the memory of a cabbage but a one pager synopsis online sorted it out for me. The plot is simple enough to jump straight back in without much bother. I’m still bummed about not being able to watch season 2 of Dark because my simple mind had lost all the relevant information. So this was a bit of a relief.
Yeah, Dark was at the exact opposite end of the scale. I basically had to constantly consult episode- and season recaps.

I never did finish it, it got a little bit too convoluted and weird in the last season.

1899 was cool, damn shame they cancelled that...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Started this. Only 3 episodes in but I like it.

Gus is very good. Kid actors playing cute can be annoying and saccharine when watching as a cynical adult but that's an adorable kid.

I spent most of an episode placing where I'd seen Big Man before and then it clicked. Dany locked him in the vault back in Qarth.