Swiss Ramble on the Glazers

DeGea’sFeet

I was going to post a thread asking whether United fans, the majority, are too easily appeased by marquee signings and (under SAF) trophies that cover the cracks. I know we had protests in the year that we reached a CL final. But mostly anti glazer talk only gets loud when we don’t sign players. Last year it was pretty quiet, look how easily fooled people were by Ronaldo who was signed for commercial reasons.

Liverpool and AC Milan fans have both forced unwanted owners out. Yet we’ve been stuck with the Glazers for 17 years. The first 6 or so years SAF kept us winning, then it took us a while to realise being crap was our new reality. No doubt spending £120+ regularly most windows hid a lot and made fans think “next year is a year” I was one of those, so many times I’ve felt “right we’ve got a team that is capable of challenging”. Even after Ole’s last window I thought crap manager but the team can challenge.

ROFLUTION

Great (and terrible) read. SwissRamble is the best out there in explaining these bigger financials and their impact to the common-man.

Tyrion

Funny how they defend glazers but don't do the same for Everton owners who are basically a lesser equivalent of us that they spent big sums and get nowhere and even Ancelotti struggled massively in charge.
They're probably better. I don't think they bought Everton with debt or took as much money out thought they probably are as incompetent.

I don't get why other fans don't get they could easily be bought by people like the Glazers. Burnley were just bought the same way and instantly went down.