Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don’t think age really matters all that much. When Lingard got loaned out he barely got any game time at that age. It’s rare to actually have a successful loan and for Chong being so raw he won’t get any time in my opinion unless it’s to a much lower team. You know when Chong made his first team debut, he was so far out of his depth.
Lingard got loads of minutes on his loans...

izec

Championship loan it is next season or Eredivisie may be even better, see if he can swim. That long injury fecked him up a bit.

He wont get games here anytime soon and he wont get better playing Reserve football next season, there is not much he can gain from that level anymore. If we keep them too long at that level, they will stagnate if they dont play in the first team. Thing is to pick out a loan at the right time at the right level or club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shame we didn't get him some minutes against Fulham. Thought it was a great time to give him a go, not sure why we brought Bailly on instead at that point.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Shame we didn't get him some minutes against Fulham. Thought it was a great time to give him a go, not sure why we brought Bailly on instead at that point.
Because Ole's thiking has to be that we're going to have a tough match, not 'it's going to be easy let's give him some minutes.' He had Rash and Sanchez on the bench, that's pretty good enough to me.

He needs games at Championship level but unfortunately we don't have anything but hard games coming up and unless it's and end of season friendlywith nothin else to play for, he's not getting on

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because Ole's thiking has to be that we're going to have a tough match, not 'it's going to be easy let's give him some minutes.' He had Rash and Sanchez on the bench, that's pretty good enough to me.

He needs games at Championship level but unfortunately we don't have anything but hard games coming up and unless it's and end of season friendlywith nothin else to play for, he's not getting on
3-0 up with 20 minutes to go, safe to say we would have been fine.

Toad

So the best thing for him next season is stay in reserve team? Not many players out there can be like Lingard, got intelligent movement like Lingard, versatile like Lingard and willing to wait the time until 23 years old.
I’m just saying, I doubt he will get game time on loan.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Not sure he will make it here. He looks very fragile at 20, looks like he needs atleast 2/3 years to even grow into his body.

He’s nowhere near ready for the first team let’s be honest. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he will even be knocking on the door for a first team spot until he is 23/24 as he looks too weak.

Hope I’m wrong mind.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
3 loan moves and in total he got 3100 minutes. I don’t class that as ‘loads’. That averages at under 12 games a season. Pretty shocking.
Leicester 2 months, Birmingham about 6 months and Brighton about 3 months...

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He did though for those seasons. The rest of the time what was he doing?
He was at United in Manchester? What are you failing to understand here?

You've claimed he went on 3 loans. Wrong, he went on 4.
You've claimed he played 3100 minutes. Wrong, he played 3300.
You've claimed he couldn't get a game on loan. Wrong, he started 100% of games available at Birmingham and Brighton.

You haven't got a single thing correct on the subject.

Last edited:

Toad

He was at United in Manchester? What are you failing to understand here?

You've claimed he went on 3 loans. Wrong, he went on 4.
You've claimed he played 3100 minutes. Wrong, he played 3300.
You've claimed he couldn't get a game on loan. Wrong, he started 100% of games available at Birmingham and Brighton.

You haven't got a single thing correct on the subject.
Yes it was a rhetorical question, I didn’t realise you would ‘fail to understand’ that.

Apologies, I forgot Leicester where he made a whole 5 appearances.

Apologies again, I was 200 minutes off.

Chong won’t get anywhere near enough game time ‘in my opinion’ (which has been the key phrase here). Some people are mentioning possibilities of premier league loan, it’s absurd to think he is ready for that. But then again it’s my opinion and I think another season in the unders is better than a loan where he will either be playing on the for a much lower team or sitting on the bench.

I hope you don’t fail to understand this.

SAFMUTD

We should loan him to a lower league, portugal, neederlands or the championship. Lets see what he haves, currently he is far far away from the level required to be in the first team, but the raw talent is there.
Lets find a team that can warrant him minutes.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The best what?
The best for Chong next season. If he’s not ready for loan move as what you said and if he’s not ready for our first team, what’s the best then? Stay in reserve?

InfiniteBoredom

The best for Chong next season. If he’s not ready for loan move as what you said and if he’s not ready for our first team, what’s the best then? Stay in reserve?
I think a loan to the Erevidise would be the best move. Ajax/Feyernord/PSV etc... if they would have him, maybe even a straight sale with buy back option. He needs regular games with a side trying to play football properly at his age and playing reserves or getting battered in a physical, lower-Championship side both seem unappealing.

crossy1686

career ending
Was it Butt that said if you're not getting chances in the first team by 21 then you never will? Reserves football is no good for him at this stage imo.
Think that's done on a player by player basis, Lingard for example was never going to be ready for the first team until he was older, but Fergie knew he would be good enough at some point. However Butt has been pretty adamant that if you haven't even been around the first team in that time or been considered, you're not going to make it at United, which is fair enough.

I think Chong will stay and get game time next year from the bench, if he's mentally ready for it that is. If not, he'll go on loan to a lower division side. He'll develop faster as a player at United around the quality players we have not the lower leagues or Holland, however, it's the mental aspect and the nerves that need improvement if you're going to play in United's first team. Expect a loan to a lower league side with less pressure would help in that regard.

Toad

You are acting as if you know what is best for him though. You are arguing that he needs to go out on loan so clearly you know what is best for him already. All I was putting across was my opinion, which it states in my post, I didn’t say i knew because we are not all knowing like some.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are acting as if you know what is best for him though. You are arguing that he needs to go out on loan so clearly you know what is best for him already. All I was putting across was my opinion, which it states in my post, I didn’t say i knew because we are not all knowing like some.
Nope, I’m not arguing. I was just asking your opinion. You think he’s not ready for loan move. So what should the club do for him then?

Toad

Nope, I’m not arguing. I was just asking your opinion. You think he’s not ready for loan move. So what should the club do for him then?
I just simply don’t think he should be rushed, he has so much time. He is only 19, not everybody matured as quick as Rashford, Mbappe, Martial and co. Some people just take a lot longer and I just think he will be one of them types of players. He hasn’t been here long and didn’t develop in our youth setup so maybe that is the reason I find him pretty raw. He kind of reminds me of when Zaha came to United. He looked so raw but you could see all the potential. Now a few years later he has developed into a fantastic player. Maybe you are right, maybe not, but if it is a loan all I am saying is that a premier league club, in my opinion, would be a horrible move for him. It’s a massive step and could possibly stunt any development.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think a loan to the Erevidise would be the best move. Ajax/Feyernord/PSV etc... if they would have him, maybe even a straight sale with buy back option. He needs regular games with a side trying to play football properly at his age and playing reserves or getting battered in a physical, lower-Championship side both seem unappealing.
Your nigh unforgivable misspelling of our amazing club aside. I would love for Chong to play for us, even if it's just for a season. He seems exciting and Berghuis will probably leave at the end of the season.

In Rainbows

If Chong goes on loan, I would rather it be somewhere other than England as he'll get better protected by refs. My opinion is more influenced by his current physical build. Like if he gains weight after next season, I would rather he stays in England.

Fracture90

After last night's performances from Mata and Sanchez, I don't see why he shouldn't be moved up the pecking order ahead of them. Mata will likely not get re-signed (though with our board I'm not so sure) and Sanchez will be moved on, Chongy should get opportunities to play because even though he's inexperienced he can't be any worse than those two snails that are one foot through the door already.

In Rainbows

After last night's performances from Mata and Sanchez, I don't see why he shouldn't be moved up the pecking order ahead of them. Mata will likely not get re-signed (though with our board I'm not so sure) and Sanchez will be moved on, Chongy should get opportunities to play because even though he's inexperienced he can't be any worse than those two snails that are one foot through the door already.
Why not give Greenwood a chance? He's been better than Chong this season, and can play on the wing, but also play up top. So interchanging is more fluid with him.

Fracture90

Why not give Greenwood a chance? He's been better than Chong this season, and can play on the wing, but also play up top. So interchanging is more fluid with him.
Wasn't aware we had Greenwood dedicated thread before, but I've said it in one other thread that I prefer Chongy, Greenwood and Gomez getting Mata and Sanchez' minutes.

Also isn't Greenwood a more of a number #9 / striker than a winger?

R77

I'd expect to maybe see him on the bench. Palace away is a tricky, physical fixture to be blooding academy players. At least ones like Chong, where the physicality and intensity of first team PL games appear a big part of his current learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.