4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

Crystal Palace will sit deeper in the low block and not pressing. I think Garner will get chance before Chong as he'll be playing in midfield where they don't give a damn about midfield and try to bypass midfield.

Bola

I'd expect to maybe see him on the bench. Palace away is a tricky, physical fixture to be blooding academy players. At least ones like Chong, where the physicality and intensity of first team PL games appear a big part of his current learning curve.
We might not have much choice but to use youngsters. I really don't want to risk Martial and have a Lingard situation,. That leaves just Sanchez and Lukaku for the 3 x attacking positions in either a diamond or 433, while we are also missing two CMs in Herrera and Matic

I can't see a situation were we don't have a least 1, possibly 2 new* academy players in the matchday squad

* Chong, Gomes, Greenwood and Garner

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
On the bench again today. Hopefully we get a comfortable lead earlier on so we can give him more game time.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
must be making good progress in training. Debut today me thinks!
He’s already had some minutes at Old Trafford. He didn’t do much at all really.

Come to think of it it could have been a Cup game.

If he comes on today hopefully he can take his chance.

We need an rvn

He’s already had some minutes at Old Trafford. He didn’t do much at all really.

Come to think of it it could have been a Cup game.

If he comes on today hopefully he can take his chance.
I was talking league debut but didn't make that clear. I can see him getting a few minutes at the end for Rashford or Sanchez, same goes for Gomes.

Man Utd 3:2 Southampton

Alemar

Well, finally a hairy man gets his debut at Old Trafford in the Premier League. Not enough to deserve performance rating, but still a one minute appearance is better than nothing. He also managed to get involved even in this last minute

Bola

It shows that Ole rates him when he comes on before Gomes. I hope they both get plenty of minutes under him.
Is it not a positional thing, with Gomes far stronger in the centre and Chong on the flanks

Glad to see him involved and with another injury today (Sanchez) a real oppurtunity should come up. Thought he was decent v Reading Jan

Kostov

Is it not a positional thing, with Gomes far stronger in the centre and Chong on the flanks

Glad to see him involved and with another injury today (Sanchez) a real oppurtunity should come up. Thought he was decent v Reading Jan
Yes probably. And I feel the game was pretty physical as well, so Gomes wasn't the right fit today but I hope he get his chance soon.

I also think Chong was decent against Reading, and hopefully we see more of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was hoping he would come on at 2-1 with Southampton chasing the game. His electric pace could've been telling. Hopefully he'll get a full game soon because it seems he must be really impressing Ole and the rest of the coaching staff in training games to keep getting selected into the squad ahead of the the other youngsters.

Wallez

I am extremely curious of what level Chong possesses, and what we might expect from him if he is given a proper chance in our starting 11 over time. We already have this brilliant talent in our squad, but there are still talks about spending 100-150 mill pounds on Jadon Sancho. However, remember that Sancho played for the Manchester City reserves not long ago, and there has been a sudden hype due to good performances in the Bundesliga. Reiss Nelson and Dilrosun has similarly went straight from the PL reserves league into putting in good performances in the Bundesliga. I just wonder whether Chong would have shown a similar progression, if given a proper chance. For example, if we was out of contract this summer and signed for Gladbach on a free transfer, would we have to pay 150 mill to get him back next summer after a super season in Bundesliga?

I really hope he is given a good run of games towards the end of the season. At one point, tell him that he will start the next 5 games and see what happens.

R'hllor

Those comments in match day thread vs Juventus were funny then, now are just a joke. If you are good enough you are old enough.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I love how he was running everywhere at full speed and shouting instructions :lol:
What an experience this must be for the lad.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont mean to piss on the parade but it was nervy when he got the ball. Gave it away when he should have just blasted it down the field.

Irrational.

He was like a terrier who hasn’t seen his owner for a fortnight. Just a completely chaotic cameo :lol:

Must be a great experience for him and Greenwood though. They’re going to be stars for us.

MAME DIOUF 32

He didn't really get a chance to contribute in attack but he charged around closing everything down. Showed maturity by doing what was needed rather than playing his natural game.

Copa Mundial

Yes I agree he wasn't always the most composed on the ball but he brought the energy just when we needed it.

Proud of the lad!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was actually very good defensively. He gave away the ball twice because he couldn't see his teammates from his hair, so it's forgiven.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was playing as a LCM in the brief cameo from my understanding. He did give the ball away which could've been dangerous. But what I really liked was the way he was showing for the ball and tracking back which is something he's very good at.

I'm a big fan and have high hopes for him..

Sir Scott McToMinay

What a guy, that pass across the pitch in the dying seconds... shaw was furious, but that goes to show the confidence he has, that almost cost us, but it didn't.
Keep it going Froman.

SteveW

He played exactly like I expected him to. Lots of energy but really lose in possession. He's very over hyped right now.

But the night should do his confidence some good. Great experience for him.

Skills

Snitch
That was hilarious, but brilliant to watch. He was sprinting throughout his cameo, he must've been knackered at the end.

kundalini

Great experience for him tonight. One of those subs that are made when you need a goal but immediately seem reckless as soon as you get ahead.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was playing out of position in a central role on the left, rather than what he's normally accustomed to on the right wing. I'd like to see Chong and Dalot in tandem on the RW soon.

Dolf

He showed energy and motivation. Can’t expect too much from a academy right winger who has to play LCM on his CL debut while having to defend with everything at stake.

He did good

R77

He was like a terrier who hasn’t seen his owner for a fortnight.
:lol:

He did give the ball away which could've been dangerous. But what I really liked was the way he was showing for the ball and tracking back which is something he's very good at.
The fact that he handled the pressure in such a game and situation quelled a fear of mine when it comes to him. If he can deal with the intensity there, he's surely closer to ready for more time in the PL games when needed. Didn't seem awed at all. Has to be a huge gain in terms of experience and trust.

Bola

Some ppor fiest touches, but i dint give a crap

Must have done 20 sprints and was everywhere hounding them down. Pleased for the lad

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just needed to welly it or keep it simple but kept running or passing into trouble. Can’t knock him too much. Must have been bricking it, coming into that. Fair fecks

Devil may care

Looked overawed and yet even after a couple of poor moments he gets control and tries a pass to keep possession, it didn't come off but it shows the confidence Ole has given these kids to play their game and that's at least a positive to me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Crazy stage to come in on and he seemed relatively calm throughout and did a terrific job defensively. I'm sure he'll remember it. Crazy seeing bits of play where we have Mctominay, Chong and Greenwood all around the ball:lol:
Now go back a few months ago with Mourinho and his shit. What a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.