4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4givableB

He's still a young kid, he should be coming on when we are cruising 2 or 3 goals up in a game, instead of trying to save us.

HailtotheKing

I thought he played very well. Will get better with more game time.
He didn't play "very well" but he certainly injected some energy into the team. Liked it when he got stuck into the tackle on the left side and then got fouled. The players with energy stuck out more than Ive ever seen in a United match. Everyone was like zombies (bar McTominay). Then Herrera and Chong came on and it was like they'd all been poked with an electric cattle prod. Staggering that we could be so slow and lifeless.

I'd like to see how Chong would play from the start.

Backrow Singer

It says it all IMO that we’re calling performances “very good” because a player has come on and shown a bit of energy. I think that sums the situation up completely if I’m honest.

Adamsk7

He made loads of good runs and nobody wanted to pass to him. It made me think about when I first started playing 11 a side for a team full of older guys and even though I’d roast them in training, they’d never pass me the ball in games, admit that I was even remotely half decent or be nice to me. They just picked on me. I thought there was something wrong with me so went to another team where everyone was great and inclusive. Obviously I’m reading between lines that probably don’t exist but usually in a dressing room full of prima donnas, you see this sort of behaviour.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He was decent, had his chance and mainly just squared some passes into space. Wasn't really given the opportunity to do much else though. Made some good runs and never got the ball or when he finally did get a pass it was always 10 seconds too late and the space to do anything was gone.

Crazy how all over the place his body is though. I've never seen someone consistently slip and fall over so much. So many chances ruined in the reserves because he'd get to the end of a play and he just loses control of his body. He is one tall lanky motherfecker and maybe he is still getting used to his gangly limbs.

Would like to see him get a loan to the Eredevisie. Would get a lot of game time and give him a year to mature more physically and mentally. Don't think he's had the greatest year and he needs to make more progress next season. It isn't going to happen here and I think the Eredevisie would be the perfect environment. Maybe even send another lad with him as Chong could help them settle in the Netherlands.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He's the one I have least hopes for out of Greenwood, Gomes and Garner but I thought he did well when he came on. He made runs, amazing footballers not standing around waiting for the ball makes a difference.

Ciddy

I don’t think any of them are actually ready to step up yet, BUT their enthusiasm and willingness to work hard and try; even just bloody move, I’m hoping would have an effect of the other players around them. It’s amazing what this type of play has on others around them. Even though we were still bad, other players looked a little more lively when he came on.

SAFMUTD

He looks miles away from the level required, he’s a pacy player and that gets you wonders at youth level but if you don’t develop other attributes you wont make it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I thought he did fine when he came on. Far better than most of our players.

I say play him, Gomez and others in the final match of the season. It will give us some joy. Hopefully Greenwood has recovered by then.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He looks miles away from the level required, he’s a pacy player and that gets you wonders at youth level but if you don’t develop other attributes you wont make it.
He will develop.
The senior team should feel ashamed that he was better than most of them today despite his limitations. I say play him against Cardiff. Rather see him make mistakes than the overpaid bastards.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He didn't play "very well" but he certainly injected some energy into the team. Liked it when he got stuck into the tackle on the left side and then got fouled. The players with energy stuck out more than Ive ever seen in a United match. Everyone was like zombies (bar McTominay). Then Herrera and Chong came on and it was like they'd all been poked with an electric cattle prod. Staggering that we could be so slow and lifeless.

I'd like to see how Chong would play from the start.
He did play 'very well' when you factor in the amount of times he made runs or held his run, only for players like Luke Shaw to pass it sideways. It would've been an even better performance otherwise. Alot of you people fail to factor in the utter shambles of a team he came into aswell.

Raven

Promising. Still wish Gomes could have been involved, I rate him far more highly.

redshaw

Looks a long way off but still gave us some life and movement compared to our first team players.

Ekeke

Obviously he's still young. Didnt do anything to impress me other than maybe the hard shot after he looked offside

HailtotheKing

He did play 'very well' when you factor in the amount of times he made runs or held his run, only for players like Luke Shaw to pass it sideways. It would've been an even better performance otherwise. Alot of you people fail to factor in the utter shambles of a team he came into aswell.
Yes mate that was my point. Id like to see him playing from the start in a good team - the same way we used to bring youngsters in. Or else come in when we're 3-0 up. Then we'll get a better idea of how good he was. Otherwise he's just a kid coming in running around a lot and being a bit headless.
I felt he played ok. He was neither worse nor particularly better than the rest. He is a raw talent. And he played like one today. But at least he injected some energy and bite into our lifeless team. I really am staggered by how we can play so slow and the lack of effort. It's disgusting.

You said it though, we're an absolute shambles. I wanna believe in Ole but at this point its blind faith.
And Im not how he's gonna pull in talent as a relative no-name manager with the lure of Europa.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes mate that was my point. Id like to see him playing from the start in a good team - the same way we used to bring youngsters in. Or else come in when we're 3-0 up. Then we'll get a better idea of how good he was. Otherwise he's just a kid coming in running around a lot and being a bit headless.
I felt he played ok. He was neither worse nor particularly better than the rest. He is a raw talent. And he played like one today. But at least he injected some energy and bite into our lifeless team. I really am staggered by how we can play so slow and the lack of effort. It's disgusting.

You said it though, we're an absolute shambles. I wanna believe in Ole but at this point its blind faith.
And Im not how he's gonna pull in talent as a relative no-name manager with the lure of Europa.
I agree mate. Let's just support the lads and hope for the best, because we can't do much else sadly..

kundalini

I'd like to see him start some Europa League games and domestic Cup competitions next season as development time, then have to earn PL mins with good performances. Had we been in CL then I would probably have preferred a loan spell.

He's an interesting player, tries to make things happen. Very raw at the moment.

Not sure how often he has trained with the first team this season, he doesn't appear in the training pics that often, though he did go on the Dubai break and the pre-season tour. I think he would benefit from a year training with the first team squad day in day out. Might encourage his team-mates to pass him the ball more often and hopefully reduce the number of careless moments from Chong.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he did well. He gave us some much needed ethusiasm and actually moved about with purpose.

Was really unlucky not to score too, nice low shot from a hard angle.

I’d love to see him Gomes and Greenwood start against Cardiff

Member 93275

Surprised to see him play, Ole must have been desperate or hoping he would score against such a bad side, in order to get a better loan deal. Like against PSG, he showed he lacks some basic qualities to make it in professional football, most importantly spatial awareness, which cannot be fixed.

RedCurry

Surprised to see him play, Ole must have been desperate or hoping he would score against such a bad side, in order to get a better loan deal. Like against PSG, he showed he lacks some basic qualities to make it in professional football, most importantly spatial awareness, which cannot be fixed.
Hard to have spatial awareness with no peripheral vision I imagine.

Thiagoal

Nice to see a player show some balls and actually run directly at and comit the opposition! I like the look of a left footer playing on the left too! Opens the pitch up!

Member 93275

If you want to make a brand image with your hair like that, you should at least be as good as Valderrama.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
FFS

Who let Scholesy back on the caf?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fortunately he didn't do too well. Otherwise people might start having idea we should keep him next season as starter/squad player.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It seemed as though he was a little too reticent to take on the defense or take shots. He was giving the ball to his teammates when he was in areas where he needs to be a little selfish. The time he did go to goal, he hit a great shot that was a bit awkward for the keeper to push wide.

I would love to see him start Sunday & acquire a bit more confidence & take more shots. He was fun to watch today, once he gets some goals in him, he will be even more enjoyable to have on the pitch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Looked decent, but nothing more today. Was good to see him physically putting in a good tackle and then earning the foul straight after. Makes me think that physically he will be fine in the first team, so it is more if he is ready overall with his game to step up.

Likely should change his boots, as he slipped way to often.
Yes, he did.

Member 93275

I have been flamed elsewhere in this thread for his ridiculous appearance against PSG. :D

But ok, let's turn it around, let's forget he has no spatial awareness and passes and runs into the wrong places. What does this guy have in your opinion? Is he strong? Is he fast? Can he dribble past an opponent? Does he have a dangerous shot? Does he have these smart assists? What does he excel in? Why is he playing for United?

Jeffthered

He did well when he came on and he did affect the game..he's young, v young, and he should be being helped. Course he made a few poor decisions, very good players sometimes make poor decisions.

And with respect, look at who he has around him. He brought energy, and looks nice on the ball. I would start him last game, Greenwood too.

Member 93275

The yearning is blinding you. The Class of '92 and all. But football at this level is brutal. For all the current Ajax romance, about half the team came through the ranks, and all rest of the youth teams they were in didn't and they got rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.