Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Have high hopes for this kid.

He needs to continue his progress this season and hopefully he'll manage to catch Jose's eye.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
An actual RW, this boy is worth his weight in gold. He is part of a dying species.

Denis79

He's with the first team squad for the pre-season? Wonderfull if so.

sam147

An actual RW, this boy is worth his weight in gold. He is part of a dying species.
He is very unpredictable and always looks to cross! Jose's comments on Perisic not only being creative but having physical attributes like no other player make me think Chong is his type of player. He can develop into a complete footballer.

Dolf

Im so excited about this guy. We have a vacant RW spot, all he needs to do is step up big time.

If youre good enough, youre old enough.

NoPace

Im so excited about this guy. We have a vacant RW spot, all he needs to do is step up big time.

Seems more likely we buy someone like Bale or Perisic to start and Chong can get some games this year in Cups and when injuries/suspensions happen some games, or maybe a loan in January to get some Champo starts, and then next summer Mata moves on and Chong is the #2 choice RW behind whoever we buy.

Fraud

It seems that he would fit better than any other player from the academy in the first team. But, somehow, it looks that Jose has some weakness for Gomes.

Ashley R1+O

I am excited as well, but he's definitely not good enough yet. He's only 18, still plenty of time to get some scrap minutes and continue to build his experience.

deafepl

If he put world-class performance every game on pre-season, to impress Jose, hopefully, he'd be the first choice if we didn't sign RW, 2nd if we sign Bale and become the successor to Bale in the future.

wc18

This guy has a massive future ahead of him... Love watching him play. It's a bit concerning that he has already torn his acl but hopefully he gets stronger physically and he's young enough that it won't affect him

Do people think it is too early to give him a loan to a lower league team or maybe Scotland? I just am not the biggest fan of youth team and reserve football for development of young players. When you looked at that England squad it was amazing how many players had multiple loans to get regular game time. If anyone would have any info on how that kind of thing is decided I would love to know its always fascinated me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My favourite academy player, love his style of play reminds me of Kanchelskis so much.

Hope his love of taking on a man / dribbling isn't ironed out of him.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
This guy has a massive future ahead of him... Love watching him play. It's a bit concerning that he has already torn his acl but hopefully he gets stronger physically and he's young enough that it won't affect him

Do people think it is too early to give him a loan to a lower league team or maybe Scotland? I just am not the biggest fan of youth team and reserve football for development of young players. When you looked at that England squad it was amazing how many players had multiple loans to get regular game time. If anyone would have any info on how that kind of thing is decided I would love to know its always fascinated me.
he's a type of player who should go straight to the first team, he's playing in a position which doesn't need that mucxh of discipline like CB or fullback so if he fecks up nothing much happens. Also the timing is very right for him right now too. Let's see if he can impress on tour but I am sure he will catch the eye... Even if we buy someone he should be fighting for the no2 spot there. Don't think we should play with Mata there at all

JoaquinJoaquin

If this guy is going on tour I will be alot more excited to watch. Looks a great prospect. Genuinely excited by him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d love him to have an amazing pre-season tour and really give Jose something to think about. He’s exactly the kind of player we need on the RW and tbh I don’t think he can be that much worse than what we have there currently. I just hope Jose gives him a fair crack of the whip but I’m yet to be convinced he will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We don't have any right wingers and have too many players out of preseason. So very good chance to make impression. Hopefully he will get few mins in first team and becomes regular squad player this season.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
It seems that he would fit better than any other player from the academy in the first team. But, somehow, it looks that Jose has some weakness for Gomes.
Read a few posts above you - Chong has been training with the first team squad in pre-season.

I suspect it would take another year for Chong to start making any sort of impact on the first team, he is still incredibly slight, but I think he has a very good chance of making it here. I'd say he's actually more likely to make it here than Gomes, who I think has too much of a laid-back playing style for the Premier League (which I think will hold him back even more than his size). I reckon Gomes will eventually end up playing in Spain rather than here.

Don Juan Matus

Read a few posts above you - Chong has been training with the first team squad in pre-season.

I suspect it would take another year for Chong to start making any sort of impact on the first team, he is still incredibly slight, but I think he has a very good chance of making it here. I'd say he's actually more likely to make it here than Gomes, who I think has too much of a laid-back playing style for the Premier League (which I think will hold him back even more than his size). I reckon Gomes will eventually end up playing in Spain rather than here.
So was that Giggs fella but he didn't turn out too badly..

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This pre season is a huge opportunity for Chong and a few others to prove they're ready to fill some gaps in our squad. LB, CB, CM a RW are the areas we need to improve and the likes of Chong, Mitchell, Gomes, Tuanzebe and TFM can do it if they step up now.

Will be very interesting to see how they get on, looking forward to this pre season.

Fraud

I'm not too concerned about his physique, actually., If one of his biggest assets is agility, maybe he doesn't need much more.

buchansleftleg

This lad has a great attitude - never hides when results are going against him. Always offers something exciting. He can ghost around the pitch and offers a massive injection of pace and creativity.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Looking forward to seeing him play alongside some of the first team./ Hopefully he can cause Mourinho a problem. The young player I'm looking froward to seeing even more though is Greenwood.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Looking forward to seeing him play alongside some of the first team./ Hopefully he can cause Mourinho a problem. The young player I'm looking froward to seeing even more though is Greenwood.
Clearly Chong is the greater talent. Just look at their names, it is a given.

jesperjaap

Yes for 16 he looks a huge talent, genuine world class potential. Wouldnt be surprised to see him breaking through the season after this at all

jesperjaap

Considering he hasnt played Gomes at all bar one cup game last year when he played the last game the season before.....that is a strange statement?

MUFC OK

Really struggle to see him given adequate chances this season. 3/4 appearances then probably out on loan next season. If he does well on the loan he might be given a chance.

That is unless he is an extraordinary talent and ready for the first team now, which on first viewing, he isn't.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The most exciting young player I've seen here for a long time. Have subscribed to MUTV due to his inclusion in the tour squad....

Coops73

I don’t know much about this kid but what I’ve seen of him he looks a real talent, now wouldn’t it be nice if he broke into the first team had a great season so we could finally stop crapping on about Bale, Willian and whoever else costs billions to solve our right wing problems....(waits for some smart arse to say he doesn’t play on the right and is more suited to the triquesta false inverted bum hole position)

48 hours

Needs to cut the hair, people will wrongly associate him with Fellaini.
As long as Jose doesn’t, he’s fine. If Jose does, we’ll be seeing him played up front with long balls launched at his impressive mane of hair

Canagel

The RW spot is empty. If he impresses in pre-season give him a run of games and see if he makes the spot his own.

Litch

I know the hype about some young players but for me this lad is genuinely the real deal....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Serious question: Does his hair not cause a lot of drag force? He runs pretty fast...
Yes.

It actually acts like piccolos training clothes. Once he’s completed his training he’ll shave it off and be released with mbappe like speed.

lysglimt

Scout
About 20 years ago there was a Norwegian international player me and my friends used to refer to as poodle-face. In fairness, that description fits Chong even better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.