Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Who's that AZ winger who looks somewhat identical to Chong but is clearly alot better ?
Lets bring him in as a replacement.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Who's that AZ winger who looks somewhat identical to Chong but is clearly alot better ?
Lets bring him in as a replacement.
Or we could give Gomes the chances Chong had.
Looks much more promising, and maybe he would sign contract.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Or we could give Gomes the chances Chong had.
Looks much more promising, and maybe he would sign contract.
I think Gomes has made his mind up,personally.

Can see him in the Bundesliga next year. Who for though ? I have no idea.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think Gomes has made his mind up,personally.

Can see him in the Bundesliga next year. Who for though ? I have no idea.
Probably has, sadly, think he looked very promising.

Bondi77

He is not even good enough for the Championship.
Better off going to a Euro league where he can rack up his goal and assist tally.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Agreed. I don’t see it with Chong at all.
I think its the fact that he has come through our academy system, which is highly valued. Had Chong never joined us he would probably never dared dream of such a financial return.

But i agree. Not convinced by Chong.

But i always though Gomez looked decent.

Could be wrong though.

pseudo_canadian

I haven't seen anything from his appearances to convince me that he'll make it at United. Not bothered at all that he's off elsewhere.

Best of luck to him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think its hard to judge how a young player will adapt to the professional game when they have been playing against players in the same age bracket.

izec

He needs to bulk up, he is way too skinny for a winger. And if you look at his performances at first team level, even pre season, there wasn't a lot positives to be taken from. Just lacks any sort of special ability or standout features. I think he can be happy if he makes it somewhere at a decent club in a decent league. Will take him a few years until he gets to grips with the senior game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good luck to him but Inter seem the worst club to go to right now.

They're playing with wing backs, so that means he will have to learn how to defend, or become a striker.

No way is Conte giving him game time :lol: he's just going there for a pay day.

OverratedOpinion

on a free if he sucks big deal, you move him on. if he pans out they look brilliant. it's low risk high reward.
I mean that makes sense if a player has shown any signs that they have the ability to play at the highest level. If that doesn't matter then Inter can sign me on a free for half the weekly wages.

Stadjer

He is not even good enough for the Championship.
Better off going to a Euro league where he can rack up his goal and assist tally.
Should come and play in the Eredvisie. Basically a youth league where most clubs want to work on a player and help the player improve. He left Feyenoord so i dont think they want him. Not good enough for the Ajax squad and they dont really loan players anymore. PSV their strenght is the attack so he wont fit in there.

Vitesse or a club like Heerenveen (The club Odegard joined before joining Vittese before he joined Sociedad) would be good for him. Weekly playing time in a league where he can attack and strenght is less important than technique and/or being smart.

Thiagoal

on a free if he sucks big deal, you move him on. if he pans out they look brilliant. it's low risk high reward.
If they’re paying him 50k a week then moving him on is not going to be an easy task!

Dve

Ole, for some reason or another, do not rate Chong as a professional top athlete, and he does not mind seeing him leaving the club. That´s my take on it, anyway.

joedirt87

I mean that makes sense if a player has shown any signs that they have the ability to play at the highest level. If that doesn't matter then Inter can sign me on a free for half the weekly wages.
people raved about him at the under 23 level no? he's played a small amount of minutes on a very mediocre United team. There is interest there because he was/is a hyped up prospect. What if we actually gave him a run of games, maybe he would start to look a decent player.

OverratedOpinion

people raved about him at the under 23 level no? he's played a small amount of minutes on a very mediocre United team. There is interest there because he was/is a hyped up prospect. What if we actually gave him a run of games, maybe he would start to look a decent player.
Everytime I watched him at youth level he looked incredibly ordinary to me. Not a good dribbler, not outstandingly fast, nothing that made him stand out. If he had just come through the academy and did not come from Holland with typical "wonderkid" hype I doubt he would ever get this attention.

kundalini

Won the penalty, hit the bar with a super shot, turn followed by a decent shot that was saved, created a chance for Shaw, a few untidy moments but generally did ok.

Last edited:

acnumber9

He must have a really good agent if Inter are really going to sign him.

Santos J

Granted there's not much to go off but he's more recent first team performances he's looked a lot more confident and comfortable than he did initially.

RedIan

Did quite well today best ive seen him but opposition was poor and he still looks light weight and easily knocked off the ball.

Nick7

Lost the ball a lot. He played a lot better against them for the u23s earlier in the season

Kostov

There’s a good player in this kid. Obviously finding it hard to make the transition into senior football but if given time he can be a very good attacker.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
There is definitely something there, and I would think that if he did sign a new contract (doubtful I know), then he should be loaned out for a season to a prem club, and see if he can used to playing against quality opposition every week.

LJJT

Not convinced by him at all but hope he stays with us so we can try to develop him more and hopefully he makes it. I find it bizarre if he goes to any other big club as he’s got more chance getting in to our team than most the others. Unless he’s just wanting an early big pay day.

Status
Not open for further replies.