5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Assist is an assist. You can’t label his performance as shit if he contributed directly to scoring a goal

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People were so harsh on him in the match day thread. Nice assist, was trying to take on his man constantly and very nearly could've had another assist and maybe a goal. Very solid cameo.

Squirt

I don't see it with this kid, a turd with an assist on it is still a turd.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A but meh really, he seems unable to best a man.

Also, as majestic as his hair is, he needs to do something with it on matchdays, it cant be good for his vision.

MrBest

Not worth 30k a week now but i will not write him off. I have to admit, I am not sure he will make it but he is only about 12 games into his professional career, he needs games consistently. He still has every right to be a quality player, he is 20. Kane, Vardy, De Bruyne, Salah, Mane, the list could go on. Where were they at 20. People need to stop slating him so hard with no justification, this is not football manager.

Sylar

Don't think he's ready for first team football

I thought that was his best performance in the first team. He seems to good for reserve football so maybe keeping him and loaning him out? If he doesn't want that might have to just let him go

But for today's game thought he did decent on the left

RedDevilRoshi

Unlucky not to score and got himself an assist at virtually the final whistle.

Still not overly keen on him based on the few occasions I’ve seen him play for the 1st team. He seems so easy to brush off the ball and looks just very uncomfortable & timid to take his man on.

If was to stay and go on loan next season for regular 1st team football, then good and will keep an eye on him. If he decides against staying and departs then it’s safe to say I won’t be very disappointed with his departure.

Based Adnan

Looked okay. Decent assist and created a very good chance for himself which went just wide. Not sure what more people want from a sub player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s the next best prospect we have from the older group of lads. It doesn’t look like he’s going to do too much here though. You have to be very special to play for United regularly and I just don’t see it. I thought he was unreal at youth level but hasn’t made the step up well enough yet. I’d love to see him on a PL loan if someone would take him on.

marktan

He physically looks pretty good on the left, can drag it to the byline and put in a cross.

What he needs desperately though is game time at a higher level to build his understanding of the game. Probably not in the PL but something like the Dutch league or Portuguese league would be good for him. It's at this age you really start developing your game, and he's not going to get that at United in our reserves.

ricky-romeo

he is okay but then again, he needs a loan just like Gomes. if they sign a new contract of course.

they are 19-20 now and look at Sancho who moved to Germany at 17 just to play more games.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Felt for Chongy last night, probably one of his last chances to prove to the club he deserves the new contract he's apparently seeking, but comes on with the match already won, and a seriously limited fullback behind him. Stick Brandon Williams behind him and he'd have flown, ah well .....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't get the hate really from some people. He might not make it at United, but without a doubt he has the attributes to turn into a very good winger. By far looks better on the left IMO, but he has pace, good movement, a good shot on him, can whip in a ball and pick people out from the wing, and generally decent technique. Hes exactly the type that once hes in the right environment can really explode and improve, and it's not that unlikely IMO. I do think he definitely needs a loan, should've had it this year. Needs to go to the championship or dutch league or something, get regular playing time, progress, improve, learn how to play physically against men, etc. Would do him a world of good.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Got nothing for me. Greenwood has set the standard for young talent for this team and Chong doesn’t cut. Doesn’t excel at particularly anything.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The left foot shot should be taken with his right to atleast get it on target - little mistakes & wrong decisions seems to show in the higher game from him.

Hopefully Gomes gets a few more chances now, but honestly - anyone with hype at United in my eyes has done worse than the players who has tend to surprise us.

mad1max954

Don’t think he has got it, but on the flip side, he did more than Daniel James when he was on

MrBrightside1989

Get him on a contract and loaned out to a team where he will play 25-30 games next season. Ideally that would be in the premier league but I'm not sure where, perhaps Spain like we did with Pereira

Kostov

Nice assist, a very good goal attempt and cross that could have given him another assist. All in all a decent cameo, with some bad moments. He is willing to take the man constantly but I think he needs to hit the gym and add some strength to that frame. In ideal world we signs on and goes on load, he is a quality young footballer but he is not Greenwood.

GazTheLegend

When he calmed down and kept things a bit simpler, you could see there was a player in there.

He looks like he's too used to just beating reserve and youth players all game every game and gets a shock when his dribbles don't come off at this level

But he adjusted his game and that was a nice assist for Fred, don't care what anyone says

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why are we playing him when a. He’s not very good and b. He’s refusing a new contract and his agent was whoring him around Italy last month ?

EwanI Ted

Not keen to lose him since it’s too early to make definitive judgements, but you have to say he’s shown very few signs of being able to step up. The game is full of players who excelled at youth level but fell short at senior level. Ideally he’d sign up and we could look at a loan, but I’m not worried about him leaving.

RedIan

Hes pretty average. Very lightweight, struggles to beat a fullback and looses the ball a lot. I doubt he will make it here but could play in a lesser team.

Brightonian

The left foot shot should be taken with his right to atleast get it on target - little mistakes & wrong decisions seems to show in the higher game from him.

Hopefully Gomes gets a few more chances now, but honestly - anyone with hype at United in my eyes has done worse than the players who has tend to surprise us.
Not sure who's surprised you. McTominay maybe, who was well thought of but admittedly not the star of his generation. Rashford and Greenwood were both stand-outs in (and often playing ahead of) their age groups from an early age, anyone who watches youth football knew plenty about them.

Alabaster Codify7

The intent is there and the effort, he never hides from the ball - but he's just not very good. I think someone like Bruges is actually his level, as a squad player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not sure who's surprised you. McTominay maybe, who was well thought of but admittedly not the star of his generation. Rashford and Greenwood were both stand-outs in (and often playing ahead of) their age groups from an early age, anyone who watches youth football knew plenty about them.
Williams? Lingard arguably? Although we'd probably rather forget that one at this point. Levitt even as an outside shout? Admittedly only the one game I think but he probably outshone Garner in it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was up against a very physical left back today who wasn't easy to go on the outside of.

He needs to learn to mix it up a little against people like that, come inside a bit more and keep them guessing.

Did well though once he got warmed up, nice shot that nearly scored and played a nice ball back for Fred that even he couldn't miss :lol:

I do think he'll end up being a good player by the time he's 23-24 and packed on some muscle but it might be a bit late to have a career for us. I do think a loan move would be a big help for him to make the next step.

Mike Smalling

A couple of good moments yesterday, but the majority of the time he still plays a bit like a headless chicken. I just don't see it with him.

If he is just playing to make up the numbers at the moment, then that is fine, but I sincerely hope we do not intend to sign an extension or play him next season.

Stevondo8

Admittedly I’ve not seen him in the youth/reserve teams, but I’m yet to see him do anything that’s made me think “you know what, this kid is good”.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wouldn't hesitate a second to give somebody else a shot instead of Chong as I don't see anything above average in this kid. We're wasting our time with him. (no offence, just don't rate him at all)

Gopher Brown

He hasn't shown enough to deserve a contract in my opinion.

He'd be in a great position for a loan next season if his contract wasn't up in the summer, although the sort of club who might go for him might not suit his play.

Drainy

Pace, crossing, first touch, dribbling and shooting technique are all fine. Strength and decision making are poor but they are what you expect a young player to improve in their early 20s.

He could go either way.

Teja

I'll echo everyone and say I don't see anything (dribbling skill, pace, physicality (lol), eye for a pass ) from him, just bang average.

Maybe Gomes made his mind up and wants to leave but Chong is still thinking about it? Explains the relative distribution of game time.

Rolaholic

I still don't get how or why he gets more opportunities than Gomes when he's been actively negotiating with other clubs most of this season and almost certainly doesn't figure in the clubs future plans

Status
Not open for further replies.