5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

I hope he does well there and impresses. In an ideal situation we can agree a new deal with him next summer and loan him back for another year, he needs regular football at a good level.

No Love

So what have Bremen been like recently? Is this a good move for him? A quick Google search shows they finished 16th last season.

SAFMUTD

So what have Bremen been like recently? Is this a good move for him? A quick Google search shows they finished 16th last season.
They been poor and are about to lose their best player Rashica. So its a good situation for Chong in the way that he should be able to get plenty of minutes.

No Love

They been poor and are about to lose their best player Rashica. So its a good situation for Chong in the way that he should be able to get plenty of minutes.
Let’s hope so. Could be a good move. Hope he becomes something of a talisman for them with Rashica set to move on.

Infestissumam

after seeing him in a full-back cameo against LASK, I wonder if they'll use him as wing back as well. They frequently played a back three last season after all.

either way, he should play a ton. They have no wingers at all, and that's with Rashica still on the team. Without him ... yeah, that's ugly. Will be a battle for survival again for them.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There's definitely something there with Chong. He's rapid, has a good touch and should fill out a bit now that he's growing up. Decision making hasn't been great in the first team, but he was excellent in the reserves.

Looking forward to hearing about how he gets on.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Announcement soon.

Looks like the deal could have collapsed yesterday, because many other teams from the PL and Bundesliga were interested. They wanted to take over more wage than Werder would do. But Chong was 100% sure he wanted to join Werder, so United agreed this deal to pay the most of the wage.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Good reason to watch German football. People are too quick these days to write off young players. His attitude is fantastic and has talent as anyone who has watched him in reserve and academy will know that. Hoping he stays injury free.

Amarsdd

Good reason to watch German football. People are too quick these days to write off young players. His attitude is fantastic and has talent as anyone who has watched him in reserve and academy will know that. Hoping he stays injury free.
Exactly. He's talented but think he's had problems with his confidence when playing with the first team (probably nerves) as he looks completely different when playing for the u23s. Hope he can gain some of that playing first team football in Germany.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Why are we paying majority of wages ffs. These skint twats should either play Chong regularly and return him a better player or promise us discount should we get interested in their player in near future.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Announcement soon.

Looks like the deal could have collapsed yesterday, because many other teams from the PL and Bundesliga were interested. They wanted to take over more wage than Werder would do. But Chong was 100% sure he wanted to join Werder, so United agreed this deal to pay the most of the wage.
Awesome, we will be relying on you to give us regular updates.

Hopefully he will have a successful loan season. Will he get regular football at Bremen?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
2 years at Bremen would be an absolutely fabulous move for him.

Ace of Spades

Good move. Wonder which other clubs wanted him.

Anyways, hope he gets to play a lot and makes good progress.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyone knows whether Bremen are losing any of their attackers and also if they are signing any other attackers?

-Supreme-

I was hoping he could get more mins next season and send James out on loan instead, nevertheless I'm also happy for him to get more game time.

Infestissumam

Anyone knows whether Bremen are losing any of their attackers and also if they are signing any other attackers?
they'll sell their star attacker Rashica for sure, he has quite a few offers (Leipzig etc). They won't sign anybody of note, they are pretty broke.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Rashica will leave to nearly 99%. Leipzig or Villa probably. Bartels and Pizarro left too. Could be, that Chong is just the Bartels replacement. He had an achilles tendon rupture, was already 33 and never got back to his best, so maybe he will take this place. Because replacing Rashica with Chong is quite risky. All respect to Chong, but who knows how he will adapt to the Bundesliga and Rashica was quite good for us.

Anyway he will get enough playtime, if he show he some good signs in the minutes he gets. We have many clear strikers, but we are lacking pacey wingers and we all know how important they are in modern football.

ChaddyP

Announcement soon.

Pleased about this

Zoo

On the outside this looks like a perfect move. Werder fans should be excited.

kirk buttercup

hopefully a very good move for him . Best of luck to him and hopefully he comes back in a year or two with loads of experience . Good luck Tahith

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Think this is a good move. He might just tear the league up if given half a chance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As others have said I think he could end up making a class LWB. Got great stamina, runs well into space and can carry the ball well.

Should get plenty of minutes at RW, LW, LWB. Nobody in their squad is more talented apart from rashica but he could be off.

think with lockdown and little crowds this will help his nerves too.

Red00012

Hopefully he will get plenty of game time .

I presume BT will be covering German football next season .

sillwuka

I've been really critical of him since he has had these short cameos with our first team.

I hope he proves me wrong, does well out in Germany and comes back to a cement a place in our squad. Good luck lad!

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
@NieThePiet when does the Bundesliga season start? I feel like you're team will have a lot people interested in seeing how he does, me being one of them.
18.-20.09 is the first matchday in the Bundesliga, think one week before is the first cup game.

Status
Not open for further replies.