5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

How many loans have Stengs done? Are AZ better at developing players then us?
Well.. obviously it is easier to get into the AZ team because they cant buy or keep their top players. They also need to money from selling players. They are great at developing players though. I think they and Ajax are the best in the Eredivisie at it.

In the past they got Janssen, Jahanbakhsh, Weghorst and others pretty cheap and sold them for huge (for a club like AZ) money.

Their next big money moves will be selling Stengs and Boadu. Both are very talented players.

Allas8

Well.. obviously it is easier to get into the AZ team because they cant buy or keep their top players. They also need to money from selling players. They are great at developing players though. I think they and Ajax are the best in the Eredivisie at it.

In the past they got Janssen, Jahanbakhsh, Weghorst and others pretty cheap and sold them for huge (for a club like AZ) money.

Their next big money moves will be selling Stengs and Boadu. Both are very talented players.
Ok, guess I keep an eye out for them when we play AZ. Ajax is atleast known to produce top talents, so it be interesting to see how Chong stacks up against Stengs.

Currently it does not look that hard for Chong to get into the United side though, a path has been cleared for him. And for United to buy top players, the moment we show interest in someone the price is just going to skyrocket. Atleast we are able to keep the players we want to stay.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How many loans have Stengs done? Are AZ better at developing players then us?
Are we really good in developing player? I think on the opposite we're quite bad at it. Players that joins us suddenly lost their mojoes.

Ronaldo and the class of 92 was a once in a generation talent we can strike that off as luck of the century.

The last proper talent we develop was fletcher.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ok, guess I keep an eye out for them when we play AZ. Ajax is atleast known to produce top talents, so it be interesting to see how Chong stacks up against Stengs.

Currently it does not look that hard for Chong to get into the United side though, a path has been cleared for him. And for United to buy top players, the moment we show interest in someone the price is just going to skyrocket. Atleast we are able to keep the players we want to stay.
We can keep them and they're happy if they're below par. Players like jones rojo smailing are very happy to stay, no other teams would pay them as much as we do.

Whether they'll still want to stay if they got good ala pogba is another thing.

Joseunited

First start for the kid, it happens. He's the type of player who is going to be inconsistent as feck for a while anyway until he puts it all together, today was a bad day but he'll have much better ones.
Let's hope so.I've seen plenty of Chong in U23 football and he looks really good but Thursday's performance has to go down as one of the worst performances he's ever put in on a football pitch.

Allas8

Are we really good in developing player? I think on the opposite we're quite bad at it. Players that joins us suddenly lost their mojoes.
Its a bit of a odd thing to question. Under LvG and Mourinho we have not, but even so Rashford and McTominay have managed to come through. Even in our most darkest hours, we found a way to develop talents.

If a player like Chong is good enough to play in Eredivisie, should he not also be good enough to play for us?

Mr PG

Needs to be played in midfield a lot in the reserves I think it is only hope of instilling in him a better overall understanding of football other than just his kick and rush frenetic kind of game. Honestly doubt he will ever make it here.

In Rainbows

Good point. I also suspect the reason the coaches shortlisted him for these awards is because they thought he had good fashion sense.
He didn't deserve last season's award. Gomes was clearly the best player. I do disagree with lime about the previous season though. Still, he's right about last season. I even commented in the awards show thread when he was awarded the award.
Gomes should have got the reserves award
Gomes was better than Chong btw
You can also go back and look at all the u19 and u23 game day threads.

settembrini

He didn't deserve last season's award. Gomes was clearly the best player. I do disagree with lime about the previous season though. Still, he's right about last season. I even commented in the awards show thread when he was awarded the award.

You can also go back and look at all the u19 and u23 game day threads.
If you (or others) thought that Gomes was better than Chong for the u23's last year that's fine. It's your opinion and you can argue the point if you so wish. However this attempt to discredit Chong by saying he didn't deserve it and only won because of people voting who didn't watch the games or because they think he has cool hair is a load of ridiculous nonsense. Chong, Gomes and Garner all deserved to be nominated and any of them would have been a worthy winner. It happened to be Chong and people should be happy for him instead of getting upset and inventing conspiracy theories as to why he beat the player they wanted to win.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Its a bit of a odd thing to question. Under LvG and Mourinho we have not, but even so Rashford and McTominay have managed to come through. Even in our most darkest hours, we found a way to develop talents.

If a player like Chong is good enough to play in Eredivisie, should he not also be good enough to play for us?
Develop as in steady player progression. As in they breakthrough at 18 and steadily improving

In Rainbows

If you (or others) thought that Gomes was better than Chong for the u23's last year that's fine. It's your opinion and you can argue the point if you so wish. However this attempt to discredit Chong by saying he didn't deserve it and only won because of people voting who didn't watch the games or because they think he has cool hair is a load of ridiculous nonsense. Chong, Gomes and Garner all deserved to be nominated and any of them would have been a worthy winner. It happened to be Chong and people should be happy for him instead of getting upset and inventing conspiracy theories as to why he beat the player they wanted to win.
Nobody deserved it, but Gomes. Last season was a poor season for Chong's standards. I guess you could make the argument that he deserved to be nominated, because Greenwood didn't participate enough, others were injured, others were loaned, etc... so I really can't argue against that. Still, it was weird that Gomes wasn't selected. Maybe because it naturally favors the more attacking player? That's the only reason I can think of. I would have been arguing in Chong's favor if it was the 2017/18 season. That was a down season for Gomes, though that was most likely due to injuries never letting him get a good run of games.

SteveW

Couldn't disagree more. Gomes was comfortably better.

The Chong hype is a bit odd. Take the Juve game last season. There were a huge number of people getting pissed off and complaining that he should have played in that game. As someone who's watched him a lot that seems pretty mental. He hasn't done anything on the pitch to suggest he's ready for a game like that.

jackal&hyde

I hope he plays against Rochdale and shows more confidence so everyone can forget about the terrible game against Astana.

Eddy_JukeZ

Should be nowhere near the team and should have been loaned out somewhere.

That said, don't see it with him.

mu4c_20le

He should be loaned to a Dutch club. It's clear that he's still learning at this stage, and now isn't the time for him to find his feet in the first team.

Roboc7

Nowhere near ready, for an attacking player he isn’t even giving glimpses of any ability. It doesn’t help anyone having to play for this club with a lack of any game plan but he should at least have something about him.

In Rainbows

Needs a loan. He's not showing anything. Probably would be best if he went up against not as strong adults. So the Eredivisie is probably a good league for him to learn.

Alemar

He was worse than Lingard today. And it is quite an accomplishment actually - in a bad way

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
91% pass accuracy so he wasn't as bad on the ball that some may suggest. His confidence doesn't look too good right now though, takes on his man but struggles to get past which is unlike him. I liked seeing him angry at our players though, he's used to better movement in the youth teams.

Found it pretty strange Ole switched him to the right when Williams came on though. Surely both Williams and Chong would prefer to be playing with each other given how much they've played together. Odd decision.

Dve

91% pass accuracy so he wasn't as bad on the ball that some may suggest. His confidence doesn't look too good right now though, takes on his man but struggles to get past which is unlike him. I liked seeing him angry at our players though, he's used to better movement in the youth teams.

Found it pretty strange Ole switched him to the right when Williams came on though. Surely both Williams and Chong would prefer to be playing with each other given how much they've played together. Odd decision.
That´s the main thing, really. And it does not look like he´s close to succeed in his dribbles either, always dribbling a bit out of balance. And in many situation, his attempts at dribbling are just bad decisions. This is something you could except from a random youth player, not a stand out. Maybe he just needs to learn how to deal with the occasion.

Litch

Not sure he's gonna be good enough but currently who is?

UnitedChampionsAgain

If he's struggling against league 1 standard then he's at the wrong club. Woeful again tonight. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feel a bit sorry for him.
He's not performing, but he's only young, we don't know how any of the youngsters will end up.
He needs time to develop both technically and physically.

Backrow Singer

He’ll be another player who does something brilliant once every 8 weeks or so and hangs around the club for 7-10 years, don’t worry.

Yes I feel sorry for him but it is what it is. Probably needs a loan.

hp88

He’ll be another player who does something brilliant once every 8 weeks or so and hangs around the club for 7-10 years, don’t worry.

Yes I feel sorry for him but it is what it is. Probably needs a loan.
J Lingz MK2 ?

Walters_19_MuFc

Does things at 100 miles per away and doesn't have control of what he's doing. I get that he's eager to impress, but he needs to slow it down and compose himself.

Devil may care

I never saw the potential in him that Greenwood and Gomes have, he plays like he's 17 and Greenwood is 19, maybe he'll improve but right now he's a headless chicken and out of his depth at senior level.

R'hllor

Had few good moves from defensive point of view but thats about it, we shall see how he is going to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.