5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Not particularly fussed over his future at the club but I wonder what changed his mind when it looked he was definitely on his way out?

Wish we could see the same news in regards to Gomes...

Based Adnan

Would be nice if he signs but not the end of the world if he leaves either.

Not sure why he's so adamant on not going out on loan though. Refused a loan last summer as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

looks like he is staying

Rolaholic

It's official

Now just wish we can do the same with Gomes...

tjb

Give him a bit of time. It takes young players a bit of time to match the intensity and physiciality of the premier league game. I would actually loan him out to a championship team. I would also surprisingly loan out Greenwood. He is class already for his age, but he needs the space and the time to develop. Unlike some other youngsters, his core skills are so visible that he would be a surefire starter for a team in the lower end of the table.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Give him a bit of time. It takes young players a bit of time to match the intensity and physiciality of the premier league game. I would actually loan him out to a championship team. I would also surprisingly loan out Greenwood. He is class already for his age, but he needs the space and the time to develop. Unlike some other youngsters, his core skills are so visible that he would be a surefire starter for a team in the lower end of the table.
I thought the same with tfm. I wouldn’t let any other club near greenwood. The rest I wouldn’t mind gambling on their future but greenwood is nailed on to make it here and contributes accordingly already. For what it’s worth I think Chong was brilliant at u23 last year so there is a player there but I think he’ll need a lot more football than he getting here to develop into a 30k a week squad player at utd. I also think he now has a decent value in the transfer market for any club willing to take a punt with a buy back etc. Anything is better than losing him on a free

Last edited:

tjb

I thought the same with tfm. I wouldn’t let any other club near greenwood. The rest I wouldn’t mind gambling on their future but greenwood is nailed on to make it here and contributes accordingly already. For what it’s worth I think Chong was brilliant at u23 last year so there is a player there but I think he’ll need a lot more football than he getting here to develop into a 30k a week squad player at utd. I also think he now has a decent value in the transfer market for any club willing to take a punt with a buy back etc. Anything is better than losing him on a free
For every TFM there is a Kroos. TFM's problems were that he was pretty poor technically. He was never as good as we wanted to believe. In addition to that his awareness of the game and lack of specialty in any given position came to back to bite him. For a team out on loan that can only offer game time, a guy like TFM would take too many resources to train. Greenwood literally just needs the game time. He already has good technique and awareness. He just needs the polishing that comes with experience.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He badly needs to fill out, looked too easy to ease off, but he made good runs and got a good assist.

Kostov

Very good assist for Mason's goal, and couple of bad moments. He needs to stop going to ground on every contact, he is a big lad, and he could develop a bad reputation quickly. Let's hope he grows with more game time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
And everything else he did was awful
Pretty much. Another shite cameo, pretty sure he lost every ball except that pass that was obvious(altough well done), so I don't see how is this counted as good performance.

RedCurry

His best position is on the left
I think if he's going to be a successful footballer, he'll end up at a number 10. Actually does well to pick up the ball and turn. His passing is also good. But he is quite poor trying to take players on out wide.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He desperately needs a season in the Champo.

Would toughen him up and he can show what he's made off.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He seems to have matured based on his last few cameos

Jaae

Not ITK
He needs to go out on loan, get stronger, and add some composure to his game. Hopefully he can improve.

I don't see what he offers our first team next season.

Dinghy

He'll come good, just needs to bulk up. 2 assists in the last two games, coming on as a sub.

Wheato

Credit where it is due. He played well tonight. Set Greenwood up and was always an outlet for our midfield to spray the ball wide.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If chongs going to make it here I don't see him here as a winger and much more centrally.

Feels like a very basic player doing too many things outside on the wing but like today - when he managed to find him self in a good central position he didn't dribble much and then picked up a nice run with a great pass.

First I saw his ability like that in a pro level because he ran with the flow of the ball than make the ball run in front of him.

kundalini

Good pass for the assist for Greenwood's goal. One other promising moment when he cut inside past 2 defenders but his cross was blocked. Fouled surging up the pitch after Bailly's super play, set him free. A couple of times he failed to control the ball by the touchline.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Signs of life, may be the new contract gave him belief that he is a first team level player and he can play more freely now.

SATA

He’s a strange player. Reminds me greatly of Falcao where he would fall over every single time or get outmuscled by a defender easily

Januzaj was twice the player yet he didn’t make it here. Chong has a lot of work to do

Utdstar01

Nice couple of moments tonight. Very raw still but needs minutes to develop and we will give him time. Liked where he burst in between 2 defenders on the left wing :drool: He's got brilliant acceleration from a standing start for such a tall lad.

Cathy Ferguson

He’s a strange player. Reminds me greatly of Falcao where he would fall over every single time or get outmuscled by a defender easily

Januzaj was twice the player yet he didn’t make it here. Chong has a lot of work to do
I agree that Januzaj was the more talented player but he did not have the mentality to succed according to Butt. The talent was there.
Chong is improving by each game and he is our second best dribbler after Martial. Loan him to a Dutch team.

Alemar

When a sub player comes on and makes an assist - it’s always a good thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Needs to play full 90 minutes in 2nd leg so we can have more basis to judge all aspects of his game.

He looks like fairly fast player who's not scared of physical challenges and so far we kinda already have that in Dan James.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I've been waiting on him to have one of those. Clever involvement with a calculated and effective drible and nice pass. That's the sort of thing he has, just that bit of quality. Completely understand why we didn't want to let him go, despite him not being quite ready for regular first team games. Depending on how he performs for the rest of the season and our transfers in the summer, he might go on loan, but I wouldn't be against it if he was used to replace Lingard, Pereira, Mata for next season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He needs to go out on loan, get stronger, and add some composure to his game. Hopefully he can improve.

I don't see what he offers our first team next season.
My thoughts too. Last night was the best I’ve seen him and while he’s obviously talented he’s so raw he should come with a salmonella warning.

A season long loan next year would benefit everyone.

Ace of Spades

He can be a good outlet and option for us. Having a left footed winger in the squad is not bad, not like we are well stocked in attackers anyway.

He did well, and looks to be improving slowly. He still needs to be stronger, but in open games his pace will be an useful tool.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure how to rate his cameo, he did well on couple of occasions when he beat the man easily and then was fouled. Thought he could have released the ball earlier which would have created better attack. Then he lost ball few times as he wasn't strong enough to hold the defender, poor touches.

Did well for the goal, good weighted on the pass and the skill to set himself free from defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.