Tahith Chong image 44

Tahith Chong Netherlands flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve been done here…sorry everyone. I never thought anyone would make a fake Twitter account for someone I barely knew of in the first place!
That’s what’s genius about it, a fake account you’d never expect. :wenger:

dutchred

I have been watching highlights of him at Birmingham. Reminds me of the development of Edgar Davids, Started as a left winger at Alax and developed as an aggressive creative midfielder.
Would love to have the same result as by Edgar

T_Model101

Back from injury today for Birmingham and scored after 2 mins
They're currently jizzing about his ability on the EFL show

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Back from injury today for Birmingham and scored after 2 mins
They're currently jizzing about his ability on the EFL show
Good for him! Wonder what his level is going to be, hard to pick with him.

STYLOISRED

Crazy how it used to be said that he was always going to be a speed merchant yet he is slowly developing into a wide playmaker who is actually good in tight spaces

Crick

Hopefully he can keep this up till the end of the season and we can get £5-10m for him. We only have a one year option to go and there's no point in extending as he won't make it here. It's the right time to sell, while his reputation is better than during his last two loans.

Last edited:

SoCross

While talented, I didn’t think Chong had a chance at United. Any regular watchers, what do you guys think?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
While talented, I didn’t think Chong had a chance at United. Any regular watchers, what do you guys think?
Personally, I don't think he will ever be a starter at United, but I definitely rate him highly.

His work rate, touch and balance are superb plus he has great vision.

I just can't work out his best position, wing or through the middle.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's a weird one but maybe he's a going to be a centre forward in the end. Big lad, good touch and hold up, can finish...wonder if he's worth a go there in preseason.

Crick

His best assets are his engine, he can make repeated bursts of pace throughout 90 minutes and his ability to carry the ball when he does. If he bulks up a little he's a box to box CM on the left of a flat 3 for me. He did this for the reserves in a few games and at the start of the season for Birmingham until they changed system and he moved forward or on the wing. He breaks a tackle and carries the ball 20 to 30 meters up the pitch with ease and drives Birmingham out of danger. Perfect in a struggling / counter attacking team but doesn't do much against a low block as theres no space for him to run into. Similar to Lingard for West Ham v Lingard for us. No tricks in tight spaces but great engine and carriers. He needs to improve defensively and with his off the ball movement. No one complains about his attitude anymore so he must have knuckled down to work hard. I think he have a decent career just below the top level in Holland or the championship. In the right system with a manager who believes in him he will do well. If he is seen by a manager as a winger to break a side down he will look poor and will be sold repeatedly as per his previous loans.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Read a nasty story saying he had been a victim of a.break in where he was held at knife point.

I hope he is ok, if ETH does get appointed it will be very interesting to see if he gets a run on the RW in pre season.

ashneel

Read a nasty story saying he had been a victim of a.break in where he was held at knife point.

I hope he is ok, if ETH does get appointed it will be very interesting to see if he gets a run on the RW in pre season.
Just read that too on RMC Sport..tf is happening in Manchester

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Assuming it means we've taken up the option based on this

Nice. He has had a very good season. Garner getting a lot of attention but Chong has been excellent too, injury derailed his season a bit though

Adamsk7

He’s improved massively and had a fantastic season (injury aside). He moves the ball quick, has a great engine and is very proactive in everything he does. I can see ETH really liking him. There’s the Dutch connection too.
sometimes I feel like we should get rid of all the divas in our squad and build a team around him, Hannibal, Garner, Sancho etc

Wishful thinking I know!

Idxomer

Has he really had an excellent season? His numbers are below average for an attacker, and even before his injury what he did best was running a lot.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Has he really had an excellent season? His numbers are below average for an attacker, and even before his injury what he did best was running a lot.
Numbers… well he was playing CM quite alot

Santos J

He was playing more as a centre mid for the most part to be fair, still though wouldn't say he's really been outstanding, he's looked good in a shite team but wouldn't say he's looked anything special. Be surprised if he's here for anything other than pre season next year.

Ibi Dreams

Awful. The club really ought to be getting more security for our players, this kind of thing is happening way too often

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Awful. The club really ought to be getting more security for our players, this kind of thing is happening way too often
It's just become too common in Europe, not only in United (happened in psg too for example).
We definitely need to provide better security for them kids

Marwood

Sounds like they didn't even have a basic alarm on.

Has anybody heard of arrests following these break ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.