Height: 185cm
Position: Forward - Right Winger
Foot: Left
Player agent: ICM Stellar Sports
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2023
Date of Last Contract Extension: Mar 9, 2020​

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I expect he goes at the end of the year but I like that he gives us something different down the right, has filled out a bit and has it in him to go inside or outside on his right as he did for the 4th today.

From a squad management perspective I think it is better to keep him around, loan out Amad and Pellistri again and see if Chong can produce anything in the last year of his contract. HIs versatility alone will be worth it with the amount of games with have this season.

flameinthesun

Should be one that we should look to get a cheeky £5-8mil for this season, especially after his season in the championship. Hopefully someone comes in for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He really should be sold and there will be interest from bottom PL clubs. We would get a good solid fee and if he comes really good take a look again. No point having a player in their most important development years sitting around waiting for the cups

ThanksBoss26

Should be one that we should look to get a cheeky £5-8mil for this season, especially after his season in the championship. Hopefully someone comes in for him.
Yep agreed - I think we will as well, reckon someone will come in whether at home or abroad. Makes sense to sell given he’s on a free next summer.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He did alright. Kept the width which was the main thing and conected well with the rest of the offense. Must be thinking of leaving permanently now though. Had a very good campaign last year with Birmingham which would've done his reputation some good.
Good player who should be capable of playing in the PL but someone needs to take a chance on him.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Move him on. We’ve got too many options as is. Stick a buy back on him. I’m sure someone would spend 5-10m on him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is an area we need to get better at under the new men. He isn’t good enough right now so sell him and put a buy back option or even a sell on %

Chelsea and City do a good job of this.

Gandalf

There was a fair bit of talk linking him with Feyenoord a couple of weeks back and they have sold a winger to Leeds so hopefully that is being worked on behind closed doors. I like Chong but lets be real, he turns 23 this year and is nowhere near the level to play regularly in the PL. I know he had injuries but even his vaunted spell at Birmingham resulted in only 1 goal and 3 assists across 20 appearances, not exactly tearing it up at Championship level.

lsd

The Oracle
Did he not play more as a central midfielder with Birmingham last year when they were really impressed with him?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Another one we've held onto for way too long instead of selling

MrBest

I thought he did really well on Friday created width, always looking for the ball, few good passes, looked more assured than he has previously. If we do not sign a right winger, I would keep him as back up and shift pellistri and amad on loan for more first team experience. If we do sign someone, I think we could get 10m for him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Talks about us maybe signing him. Honestly hope not, he was an exciting prospect, but hasn't improved at all from when he was a youth player. Bit of a shame really, because he was really good as a kid. The step from youth to the real game is just too big for some.

flameinthesun

Talks about us maybe signing him. Honestly hope not, he was an exciting prospect, but hasn't improved at all from when he was a youth player. Bit of a shame really, because he was really good as a kid. The step from youth to the real game is just too big for some.
Really hope you do from a selfish point but yeah unfortunately don't think he's a premier league player. Maybe would do better inthe dutch league as he did show good form in the championship.

PoTMS

Absolute dreadful footballer. Lost the ball at every opportunity. We need to stop giving him minutes. Get rid of him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That was unforgivably bad. Didn't play as a winger though last season, might focus on a di Maria-esque roal in his last season at Real for lower level.

JeffFromHK

He wasn't even good enough to play in the Championship, nevermind premier league, or even Man Utd.

Just sell him straight away.

We should be looking to sell, he’s not up to it and his contract runs out next year.

Bwuk

We’ve strung him along for years. He’s never been good enough. Sell him and move on.

Bogga

Accidentally wrote in the match thread...

Why Chong is getting minutes ahead of Garnacho baffles me... and is a bit worrying. Cause Chong needs to go, preferably yesterday!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's like seeing a ghost. Just shouldn't be here anymore.

He's one of those who really just acts as a symbol as to how badly the club is run. A bit like the way Phil Jones is.

El Jefe

This thread shouldn't even be a thing. Damning state of our squad for him to get minutes. Also shows what a monumental waste of money Amad and Pellestri were.

mavradal

He looked decent today, you can't expect composure after not even 30 mins of playing time. Give him a few more games and I can definitely see him contributing.

AndySmith1990

Not sure why he is even still at United. Was clear years ago he isn't of the required quality we're looking for

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wasn't even good enough to play in the Championship, nevermind premier league, or even Man Utd.

He was more than good enough to play at Championship level, he was one of Birmingham's best players before his injury.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

The first part is absolute bollocks, he was fantastic for Birmingham and the fans loved him. Nowhere near good enough for us, mind.

Litch

Was never going to be here and in fairness, the tour was never going to measure of it.

aeh1991

Why is he still getting chances while Pellistri or Garnacho get ignored? :(

Telsim

Pretty telling how this club is being run that this guy is still here. Nothing about him. Should be sold, not loaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.