Tahith Chong image 44

Tahith Chong Netherlands flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always feel bad when a youngster has "one of those days" where absolutely nothing comes off. He's not this bad, he's not good enough for the first team of course but wow was he bad today

Lewnited

I think the biggest disappointment for me has been how positionally poor he's been throughout the tour for his age. Makes it really difficult for the team when we go to press.

There's been an out ball around him all game today... Garnacho too in fairness, but he's made up for it with his intensity, and it can be excused considering he's 4 years younger.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Was he a solskjaer signing?
His debut for the senior team came before Ole's appointment, which is a bit insane to think about. He's been trying to get to the senior team for 5 years now — and counting.

TOKUGAWA-X

Chong is a league 1 player. He would get exposed in the championship.

SAFMUTD

He's 22 and will be 23 by half season, so not really a youngster anymore.

He doesn't have the ability required for this level. Hopefully we can either sell him or loan him with a buying option.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Absolute nightmare of a game today.

I think he did quite well for Birmingham last year in the Championship, and hopefully that'll be enough for a club of that level to give us a couple of quid for him. I can't see any chance of him making it as a Manchester United level player, and he's at a stage of his development where another loan makes no sense.

spiriticon

He gives you that Chris Eagles/Luke Chadwick vibe.

Just not good enough.

AndySmith1990

He gives you that Chris Eagles/Luke Chadwick vibe.

Just not good enough.
Yep, he's just another in a very long line of academy players who are nowhere close to being good enough. There's no shame in it, only a tiny percentage of them will ever make it to the level required to be part of a CL team. We should accept this and not be too disappointed about shipping academy players out

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
His debut for the senior team came before Ole's appointment, which is a bit insane to think about. He's been trying to get to the senior team for 5 years now — and counting.
Wth I remember when he was announced! Time flies

Yagami

Good post resistant
The type of performance where you just feel bad for them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should of sold a while ago. Can tell he’s nowhere at the level of a prem player. Don’t even think he’s good enough for championship… didn’t see him do an awful lot at Birmingham.

Hughes35

Terrible today and I've never seen the hype. No chance of making it here. Need to find a permanent home for him

mavradal

I see people being way too harsh as always, just like most wrote off Dalot who I called my favourite player during last season when Ragnick started giving him much needed playing time. I thought Chong did well today, his positioning was really good which resulted in many chances and also connected really well with Laird, Garnacho and Eriksen.

Definitely has a lot to improve, but just like with Dalot last season he needs more games to build up his composure.

Bwuk

He was good at Birmingham. He’s not a Man Utd player but the league one level player stuff is nonsense.

flappyjay

He was good at Birmingham. He’s not a Man Utd player but the league one level player stuff is nonsense.
He is championship level or leagues outside the top 5. He can build a decent career for himself if he leaves now, there is no point in him sticking around.

Lu Tze

I see people being way too harsh as always, just like most wrote off Dalot who I called my favourite player during last season when Rangnick started giving him much needed playing time. I thought Chong did well today, his positioning was really good which resulted in many chances and also connected really well with Laird, Garnacho and Eriksen.

Definitely has a lot to improve, but just like with Dalot last season he needs more games to build up his composure.
Honestly, the crowd was laughing at him. Everything he did went wrong. He's nowhere near United standard.

He was certainly present on the pitch in his assigned position, some of the time. If that is what you mean by positioning.

Wing Attack Plan R

Chong is 22. He needs another couple of years developing his game at senior level. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's got what it takes to make it in the Premier League, but maybe bulking up, working on conditioning, who knows: it might not be over for him at the PL level, but it's certainly over for him at United. I can't see him really even helping the newly-promoted sides.

SAF is the GOAT

That cnut enraged the hell out of me today

Every player in that team today tried to pass the ball and be a team player.

The second he's got the ball he tried to shoot on goal and tried to "save the day" without any further thought.

userman

How is this guy still at United? He's 22 now and we had the chance to let go of him this summer but we triggered the option of another year. He apparantly had a decent spell at Birmingham last season besides his injury but did we really expect some club to suddenly cough of a £5m bid for him? Can't see any other reason than that to still keep him around other than hoping for that miraculous bid..

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I remember him having a good pre-season tour under Jose and people calling Jose useless because he was ready to start and he wasn’t playing.
I remember being annoyed that Jose didn’t bring him on against Juve at home when we were losing and had a sub left he didn’t use…

Not wanting to absolve Jose of anything, but a lot of his weird calls have aged annoyingly well.

peridigm

How is this guy still at United? He's 22 now and we had the chance to let go of him this summer but we triggered the option of another year. He apparantly had a decent spell at Birmingham last season besides his injury but did we really expect some club to suddenly cough of a £5m bid for him? Can't see any other reason than that to still keep him around other than hoping for that miraculous bid..
We’ve done this with several players recently. Protecting value and all that. :houllier:

Fina

I remember him having a good pre-season tour under Jose and people calling Jose useless because he was ready to start and he wasn’t playing.
I remember being annoyed that Jose didn’t bring him on against Juve at home when we were losing and had a sub left he didn’t use…

Not wanting to absolve Jose of anything, but a lot of his weird calls have aged annoyingly well.
how a manager with 26 major trophies in his career is somehow having a full and complex understanding about football surprise you ?

We must sell him quickly, not every youth player must play here ,it should be only the best of the best among them. Having Mctominay starting for us week in week out is already embarrassing.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I would take even 2m for him.
Wouldn’t everyone? That would be a lot of money for him. Buyers are going to come from Holland/bottom end of the Championship etc.

Birmingham fans loved him but he struggled to link with their attack at times, chalked up as too good for their players but if he can't excel in the Championship what's the point in him being back here with us?

I get it that ETH wanted to see everybody for himself but guys like Chong have probably played their last game for us.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What a waste of time it has been developing this guy, he hasn't any real arrogance to grab the numerous opportunities he's had, see he'll never be anything for us as he lacks character.

Amad would have showed a lot more promise with the amount of minute he got in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.