Tahith Chong | Signed a new deal until 2022

Aarron Swift

Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted that Tahith Chong has agreement with Inter Milan however they want to loan him out next season which is why he hasn't signed yet.

United have told Chong that they will offer if a new deal if he doesn't sign with Inter.

Does this affect how much we should feature Chong for rest of the season?. he doesnt feature too much but a number of fans do call for him to play quite often?

UPDATE 09/03/2020 18:30: THIS AGED BADLY QUICKLY

Last edited:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Why would we keep him?

He has been given a bizarre amount of chances, and he clearly isn't good enough.

Let him go.

spiriticon

Up to him to decide what's best for him. I don't think he's good enough yet to start regularly for us, but it's always useful to have some squad depth.

Should we just buy Inter as our second team at this point?

It's a good move for Chong as he clearly has no future at United, and possibly not in this league.

mancan92

I just don't think we care that much anymore, the coaching staff have had a proper look at him and probably just don't believe he is a talent worth saving.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He obviously thinks he is above the idea of being loaned out, or perhaps he just can't wait to play for a big club.

Sometimes a group of good players come through the ranks, some of those players in that group aren't as good as the rest, but the light is still shining on them. When that group is segregated and given chance one by one, the lesser players fail to deliver and automatically assume they were very good due to the group they once belonged to. They cling onto ability that isn't really there.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted that Tahith Chong has agreement with Inter Milan however they want to loan him out next season which is why he hasn't signed yet.

United have told Chong that they will offer if a new deal if he doesn't sign with Inter.

Does this affect how much we should feature Chong for rest of the season?. he doesnt feature too much but a number of fans do call for him to play quite often?

Also how do you feel about United's stance on this? Seems fairly pathetic to me, appearing to be happy with being a security back up option for Chong. Would be like you girlfriend deciding to leave you or not and you letting her know that if she doesn't leave you, for another guy that'll you'll have dinner ready for 7 if she wants
Pathetic? No. He's an asset so our offer is on the table if he wants to take it. That's down to him. It would be silly to withdraw any kind of offer and leave him for someone else to pick up for nothing should he not agree with Inter.

I don't see the issue with it. I also don't think he's THAT great yet and needs more time, hence Inter wanting to loan him away.

Brightonian

Not that crazy about him to be honest, even having watched him since he arrived at the academy. He is effective there because his pace stands out and he is against youngsters who don't know how to adjust for it. His other assets are all good but nothing special, and not enough to take him into our first team in my opinion.

Garner and Gomes are the two from that set who I'd be disappointed to lose at this point.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Does this affect how much we should feature Chong for rest of the season?.
No, he had agreement with Inter from long back. Romano tweeted about it and still Chong was in match day squads. Maybe club believe he will sign new contract.

Alabaster Codify7

Cool, wish him well and send him on his way. I'll be honest, I don't see much in Chong apart from effort - I don't think we'll regret this one. All the best, Chongy.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We send them Chong but get Alexis back. I don't know who will feel worse here, Inter or United.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Chong hasn't really done anything to warrant a lot of hype. Can he take a big stride next season? If this is the clubs stance their opinion is "Maybe, but we're not going to go out of our way to find out".

I think Chong has had some good involvements against EL teams, but that's not saying a great deal currently.

PoTMS

Meh. Chong has shown nothing in his senior career to suggest he'll be anything other than average or something we'll regret. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

prateik

If he stays, I'll wish him well.. If he goes.. don't think I'll miss him.

Don't really feel strongly either way.

Aarron Swift

Pathetic? No. He's an asset so our offer is on the table if he wants to take it. That's down to him. It would be silly to withdraw any kind of offer and leave him for someone else to pick up for nothing should he not agree with Inter.

I don't see the issue with it. I also don't think he's THAT great yet and needs more time, hence Inter wanting to loan him away.

For what he's shown in the first team which is very little. I don't think a cub like United should just allow them to be a an unproven 20 year olds back up plan if he doesn't find a club he'd rather be at. He either wants to stay at United or he doesn't. Hes yet to do anything in his career to justify why United would just be there for Chong if moves elsewhere fall through.

Tarrou

I don't think this is a good move for him

should be looking for a club that can guarantee him first team football

I actually rate him higher than most here but the lad clearly needs game-time

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Best of luck to him, never rated him that highly anyway.

MadMike

His path to the first team squad is blocked by better players than him with more to come in the summer. I think it’s both in his and the club’s interest that he moves on to somewhere where he gets more playtime. I’m just not sure Inter is the right club for him.

Inter has inter intense competition for spaces with the club using a mostly experienced players, with only a handful of young ones, as it attempts to launch an assault on the Scudetto. I reckon he’d be better off in mid-table, we’ll-run club in Germany.

padzilla

Hipster
Am I missing something about Chong? He doesn't seem to be at the level required for us but the fact Inter Milan are keen on him is interesting.

flappyjay

So go and immediately get loaned having rejected a loan this season. What's he and his aganets plan. Because it looks like tranfering just cause he can. Atleast he knows with Ole if he does do well on loan he will get a chance.

MileStolar

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me, but I dislike Chongy's gratitude. The lad got to play in Champions League vs PSG in one of his first couple of senior games, and played a lot of games over the course of next season and showed nothing to repay the faith shown in him.
I mean Ole gave him his chances and he never made anything out of it, and now acts like he's entitled to something.

I say to hell with him, there are players twice his ability and potential who'd die to play for this shirt if they came.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's a weird one isn't He. If you compare him with his peers, He's not the fastest, not the most clinical, not the most skillful, not the most creative, not the most hard working, not the strongest but not exactly a bad talent either. I wouldn't let him go but I wouldn't keep him too. He's doing my head in this guy.

But We can be sure for one thing. If He joins Inter, Conte will somehow turn him into the next Mbappe.

Good luck to him, and wish him well.
I’ve need seen a single thing from him to suggest he will make it at this level.

he might turn out to be a solid squad player at a top club, think that’s it, but just as likely to be playing in the Dutch 2nd division in 3 years.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, but frankly I don’t imagine he will be missed one bit.

Kappa123

I don't think he ever needs to play for us again. Any money we can get for this guy is good enough, because he definitely isn't.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He's shown nothing in the first team at all - I actually can't remember any youth players who had this many games being much worse

The only reason the club want him to stay is to get a fee for him when he inevitably leaves

Nickelodeon

Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and now Chong. If we can somehow convince Inter to take Lingard as well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Chong has looked good once playing for the first team, against Tranmere. That shows his level.

Chong may get better but he's not a generational talent. We're talking about a player who is older than Jadon Sancho but looks nowhere near the level. I don't think United should be busting a gut to keep him.

D4X73r

for all the players we are loaning out or selling to Inter, we could just buy them and do a City Group thing?

lysglimt

Scout
I Think Chong will develop to be a very good player - I am just not convinced it will happen here.

He needs to play regularly - he strikes me as that kind of player

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's not shown much yet in his fledgeling career. However, Woodward might think he may have a value in the market to sell on if he signs a contract. More likely to be a financial decision than sporting.

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm not really keen on giving Chong another 5 years here, when he doesn't look good enough already.