Tahith Chong | Signed a new deal until 2022

macheda14

I couldn't find any thread for him in the performance forum and I wanted to see what others think of his move to Brugge.
He has played at least 45' in 8 of 11 games (527'). 2 cameos in the closing stages of the game (9' and 16' respectively) and one game sat on the bench.
Total of 552 minutes in 11 games. And he's recorded 1 goal in the cup vs fourth tier opposition in the opening round.
Also registered 4 assists. One against the bottom opposition and 3 against mid table clubs.
However his contributions have dried up in the last 30 days.

Are there people who watch him regularly ?
From the loan report thats done weekly on Reddit, the Brugge fans do not rate him at all.
Comments like this are very common:
"Agressive in the first half, but nowhere in the second. (fatigue?) Not reliable. Easily dispossessable. As a result, not involved much. Rating: 5.9/10."

“Chong brings really nothing extra.”
~@Tuur2903 on Twitter

“I still wonder what they saw in Chong.”
~@njits39 on Twitter

Pavl3n

From the loan report thats done weekly on Reddit, the Brugge fans do not rate him at all.
Comments like this are very common:
"Agressive in the first half, but nowhere in the second. (fatigue?) Not reliable. Easily dispossessable. As a result, not involved much. Rating: 5.9/10."

“Chong brings really nothing extra.”
~@Tuur2903 on Twitter

“I still wonder what they saw in Chong.”
~@njits39 on Twitter
He seems also inconsistent. Noticed that he had a good first few games and then faded away while at Werder. Looks to be the same at Brugge.
I suppose he will go on another loan next year. I don't see him content sitting on the bench and I don't see the club content with it either.
Or might get a transfer for a fee of 3.64 m to some Dutch team.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We gave him playing time over Gomes last year :lol:

He's fecking gash and a waste of time. Should have moved him on for his sake and ours.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

He looked a real player before his ACL injury. Struggled when he first came back but was performing pretty well for U23s yet always struggled in seniors.

Hope he figures it out one day but it won't be here sadly

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
We gave him playing time over Gomes last year :lol:

He's fecking gash and a waste of time. Should have moved him on for his sake and ours.
Gomes is struggling in Portugal, neither are anywhere near ready to be playing near the top of the premier league.
He looked a real player before his ACL injury. Struggled when he first came back but was performing pretty well for U23s yet always struggled in seniors.

Hope he figures it out one day but it won't be here sadly
He always struck me as the type that excels in the u23 but will massively struggle in the transition to the senior squad. If you look at his highlights from the U23 a lot of it is running into spaces, driving forwards with the ball that you simply don't see a senior level anymore. The biggest difference between premier league football and U23 is you get less than half the space in which to operate and less time to make choices. Where as Chong's strengths needed that space and time, someone like Greenwood had skills that transitioned much better, buying him the time to develop his all round game.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He always struck me as the type that excels in the u23 but will massively struggle in the transition to the senior squad. If you look at his highlights from the U23 a lot of it is running into spaces, driving forwards with the ball that you simply don't see a senior level anymore. The biggest difference between premier league football and U23 is you get less than half the space in which to operate and less time to make choices. Where as Chong's strengths needed that space and time, someone like Greenwood had skills that transitioned much better, buying him the time to develop his all round game.
Yeah, it's quite apparent that Chong's still trying to adjust to playing against men. When I watched him play for Brugge the last few times, he always looked a step slower than everyone else and struggled to keep up with the pace of the game. His decision-making was also generally slow and questionable on certain occasions.

On that note, I think that he'll become a late bloomer if he continues to play senior first-team football. He is in dire need of regular playing time, but I don't think he'll get it anywhere else other than a mid-table or lower club in the Netherlands or Belgium.