Tahith Chong | Signed a new deal until 2022

SAFMUTD

I hope we don’t sign him, we have enough “youngsters” in the squad that are eternal promises of eventually they’ll be good enough.

He was really hyped here, but like some mentioned it seems his pace did all the tricks in the young leagues, you can’t get away with that in the premier league,

SATA

30 grand per week seem excessive for a player like him. I’m also pretty sure Inter aren’t offering anything near that, hence the supposedly u-turn

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don't care if he leaves or not, never for once impress with him. He's like new Lingard.

Aarron Swift

From what i have observed. He does has the skills, but lack confidence and are bit to shy. Opposite of Bruno confidence. New one, but dont be shy. Just take your place and express yourself and show how good you really are. And with right and most effience choices...most of the times of course.
He was out with long serious injury back in time. Before that he has that woow factor, but after that i didnt see the same consistent and confidence Chong.
And another reason. You are young and playing with the BIG boys, so it can take off your confidence a bit. But again, young or old. New or old. Just take your place and show what are you been able with.
And another reason is. Remember. United were a poor attacking and a sinking ship before Bruno came. Bruno understand is able to play futsal a la Coutinho quick and pass movement Chong and Greenwood are playing. So definitely Bruno arriving will lift and help Chong performance as Bruno has lift United attacking football. Like Bruno assist free kick to Martial. Know when you have to deliver the ball and when you can take on or finish. Like James should pass the ball to Bruno 45 % out to the centre, instead of shooting. Bruno was clearly in a better finish position. Same as Martial on left. When Martial could pass to Bruno. I saw Bruno was frustrate both of times, both with Martial and James. And i did agree with Bruno. Bruno can be ego too. But most of the time. From what he has showing. Bruno is and playing the way, i would play football too. You can see Mata is improving and enjoying linking up with Bruno. Bruno will affect Chong too. No doubt about it.

I have mentioned so many times. Players success is depending on the level of your teammates. Bruno came and if 2 or more of new players on Bruno level or better. Then we can talking about top 3 or maybe premier league title. But before Bruno. United and Ole were really poor and boring as attacking team. Not only Chong. And reason why Haaland pick Dortmund over United. The level and quality of Dortmund is and were better. Bruno has close the gap between United and Dortmund a bit now.

Sum up and conclusion. Your confidence and mental is needed. Your own skills. The level of your teammates and the level of your opponents. Those 4 factors will sum you as a football player. Chong has the skills, but lacking the confidence. And should we talk about the Chong before Bruno arriving or after?Or like the United before and after Bruno arriving?You can see two different world. United havent loose with Bruno on the pitch yet. It say alot about the level and qualities of teammates factor behind a player and team success.
But in the end. Its up to United and the boy. Mine observing and opinions are that. Chong could sit on the bench and if United lead comfortable. Let him come in and play with Bruno and Martial at the same time. Then i am sure it will help and lift his performance...too...not the only one at United....as a team too.
side note

Mentions of Chong in a post about Chongs ability: 8
Mentions of Bruno in a post about Chongs ability: 23 haha

Almost all of Chongs hype seems to be what hes done at youth level + under 23's, just because a player is great at that level doesn't mean they're some great player at senior.

So far he has done zero on the pitch at senior to warrant his mindset/attitude of not wanting to sign a new Man Utd contract in search of 1st team football at a club he feels is better than United. Issues we've had with Ravel Morrison and Pogba (2012) in terms of youth academy players way above their stations at the time, club should never bend over backwards for a player displaying that attitude at that stage of their career., sets a bad president.

hobbers

Very unfair on Januzaj to have Chong compared to him. At least he had some exciting moments and a few good games.

Castia

Not ready for a top team yet I’m afraid, if he wants to leave let him leave.

EwanI Ted

Im not against keeping him for another season to see if he develops as his body fills out, but you have say he's been really poor whenever he's played in the first team. If he wants to go, so be it.

James Ward

Meh, He's no Daniel James. On your bike son, You'll be another mid table player.

SAFMUTD

Lets have the title change, it seems we have agreed a new deal with him. His agent just confirmed it.

Erkan Alkan (Tahith Chong's agent): "There was a lot of interest, we talked to big clubs. But #mufc came up with a good plan for Tahith. He likes to stay with the club that brought him from the Netherlands."

ArjenIsM3

Lets have the title change, it seems we have agreed a new deal with him. His agent just confirmed it.

Erkan Alkan (Tahith Chong's agent): "There was a lot of interest, we talked to big clubs. But #mufc came up with a good plan for Tahith. He likes to stay with the club that brought him from the Netherlands."
Came in here to post this then was disappointed to see you've stolen my moment.

Gasolin

30 grand per week seem excessive for a player like him. I’m also pretty sure Inter aren’t offering anything near that, hence the supposedly u-turn
Inter wants to loan him out, so that tells you what you need to know about their intentions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s a lot better than he’s shown in the first team. I think he’s worth putting our faith in and allowing him to develop before we dismiss him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
30 grand a week :eek:

To think he’s another who‘ll be driving into Carrington in some super car. For his ability and what he delivers, that really gets me down

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
When Pogba left for Juve, it felt like a real loss in footballing terms (Raiola part ignored).

The idea of Chong leaving doesn't feel like a loss. As others have eluded to, cheerio!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He’s a lot better than he’s shown in the first team. I think he’s worth putting our faith in and allowing him to develop before we dismiss him.
What are his key strengths? I'm not criticising him I genuinely don't know.

Teja

30k p/w :o

What does the club see here that we don't?

PoTMS

Was hoping we'd get rid. £30k a week, when you've been playing as shite as he is, is a joke. Pretty much every Sheffield Utd player gets less than that.

RedDevilRoshi

Personally not really fussed about this. He hasn’t shown any glimpses of potential quality at all when he’s been given a chance in the 1st team. Looks out of his depth.

KristianMackle

Januzaj was better when he first burst on to the scene. Chong doesn't really excite on the pitch and wont be too fussed with him leaving. I know Ole will do everything in his power to convince him to stay.

Affirmation

Tahith Chong has apparently signed a new contract with us according to that ITK account that has not been wrong yet as far as I'm aware. Take it as you will I guess.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think this is fairly straight forward. We're offering him a deal not because we're happy to be his second choice, but because he's already generated interest and if we tie him down we can sell him later for a nice profit. It makes sense. Not like we're going to throw money at him.

SATA

No wonder he’s been in the squad lately and getting cameos. Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts on Thursday when Ole reshuffles the squad again

Amerifan

Roma wants to loan him out, so they don't think he’s ready for prime time either. Not too convinced he will ever reach squad player level. Another Lingard?

Alabaster Codify7

Haha, chucking money away on this one. He is not even a Championship calibre winger at present, should have got shot.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That's not gonna happen here ofcourse. He's talented but will show that in due time. I'm glad he's staying.

Mike Smalling

Honestly, he has been mostly gash when he has played for us, and he has mostly faced Europa League or lower league opposition. The coaching staff must see something I can't, because based on his appearances so far, he should be nowhere close to a new deal.

Fridge chutney

That's not gonna happen here ofcourse. He's talented but will show that in due time. I'm glad he's staying.
I don't get all the moaning about securing an asset which will either become part of our squad or be sold for a profit. Financially, it makes sense, in my opinion. Let alone the fact that the coaches clearly see something in him that they like (which had happened with McTominay also, much to people's chagrin initially).

Aarron Swift

who changed the title of this thread haha

Chong may end up signing but for reliability I'd always take Fabrizio Romano other daily mail

Santos J

He's been very good at youth level, only played a handful of games for the first team and is out of contract in the summer. Not sure why people are surprised he's getting a new deal and if they think £30k p/w is a lot for a youth player becoming squad player then they'd be surprised at a lot of other wages.

passing-wind

Think he is of much less importance compared to Gomes. Chong just hasn't taken his chances and he's been thrown in against very average opposition to make things worse. 30,000 a week for if true is ridiculous, he's no loss to this team.