Tahith Chong

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s really hard to know how he’s going to end up. He was unplayable in some matches at under 23s and I think he’s talented but he needs games. he’s probably not a sure enough thing to get the amount of time he needs to develop here. A sale this summer with a buy back/sell on might be the way to go. We could get a fairly decent fee for him I think.

KevinJoh

I really don't see his future in United. He is not that young anymore to be treated as prospect for the future. He is 21, certainly talented, but at that age you won't get millions for him if he is not able to get first team in Brugge or Werder. Maybe he is late developer, but if his body can be developed for senior football that should be already seen, and I really can't see him. Lets hope that he will establish himself in Brugge as first team player for the start, that he will score and assist some goals, and we will see. We can compare him with Diatta for example, who is 21 and scored 10 goals in 19 games for Brugge before moving to France for 15-16m. So, there should Chong be in order to get similar money for him.

Mr PG

I really don't see his future in United. He is not that young anymore to be treated as prospect for the future. He is 21, certainly talented, but at that age you won't get millions for him if he is not able to get first team in Brugge or Werder. Maybe he is late developer, but if his body can be developed for senior football that should be already seen, and I really can't see him. Lets hope that he will establish himself in Brugge as first team player for the start, that he will score and assist some goals, and we will see. We can compare him with Diatta for example, who is 21 and scored 10 goals in 19 games for Brugge before moving to France for 15-16m. So, there should Chong be in order to get similar money for him.
Sometimes we hold onto players too long. Tahith has always been very poor technically and that will never change...not at this age. Might succeed in a mid table team.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Sometimes we hold onto players too long. Tahith has always been very poor technically and that will never change...not at this age. Might succeed in a mid table team.
Chong is far from being technically poor.
Incredibly skilled on the ball and can run at pace with close control.
Got some very good attributes and can still make it at United for sure.

K Stand Knut

That video is old, isn’t it???

Obviously not years old but not sure it’s worth getting excited about considering the opposition.

He hasn’t started either of the next two games so doesn’t seem like he’s setting the world on fire over there

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
That video is old, isn’t it???

Obviously not years old but not sure it’s worth getting excited about considering the opposition.

He hasn’t started either of the next two games so doesn’t seem like he’s setting the world on fire over there
Either way it would be nice to see his confidence return and make his way in the game...it's proof he hopefully has a future in the game one way or another you'd hope like.

Tallis

It’s really hard to know how he’s going to end up. He was unplayable in some matches at under 23s and I think he’s talented but he needs games. he’s probably not a sure enough thing to get the amount of time he needs to develop here. A sale this summer with a buy back/sell on might be the way to go. We could get a fairly decent fee for him I think.
I think his contract is up this summer. Need to decide if we want to renew or let him go on free.

K Stand Knut

Either way it would be nice to see his confidence return and make his way in the game...it's proof he hopefully has a future in the game one way or another you'd hope like.
He’s not going to make it United so, as harsh as it is, I’m not too bothered.

best we can hope for is a decent loan spell that might persuade someone to buy him. I won’t hold my breath though

bsCallout

Will never make it at United. Not sure why any one thought he would.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Will never make it at United. Not sure why any one thought he would.
He showed great progress before his major injury and then when he came back from it before moving to senior team, however the gap bewteen senior football can be really big for players who depend so much on power and physicality, which I think Chong is. His dribbling and end product didn´t get much better over time and really h´s just a pace merchant with occasional skill, kina like lite Rashford without skills and shooting. That´s too little for top flight footy but we should move on, many more way more promising players won´t make it. Everyone thinking otherwise should be ready to be disappointment.

Maybe with our current recruiting strategy we could see slightly more players making it as seem to buy more "ready-made" younsters before their step up but watching kids form 16 is never good hehe.

Ekeke

Its possible but seems unlikely unless he crushes the division on this loan. Clearly Amad and Pellistri are now ahead of him in the pecking order so he's going to have to do a lot to change that and playing in a weaker league means he'd have to look too good for it.

Most likely he'll be a player we can sell to a bottom premier league team that would take a chance on him

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
He showed great progress before his major injury and then when he came back from it before moving to senior team, however the gap bewteen senior football can be really big for players who depend so much on power and physicality, which I think Chong is. His dribbling and end product didn´t get much better over time and really h´s just a pace merchant with occasional skill, kina like lite Rashford without skills and shooting. That´s too little for top flight footy but we should move on, many more way more promising players won´t make it. Everyone thinking otherwise should be ready to be disappointment.

Maybe with our current recruiting strategy we could see slightly more players making it as seem to buy more "ready-made" younsters before their step up but watching kids form 16 is never good hehe.
Ideally he has a decent season and we get a few million for him. Don't think that's out of the question.

MrBest

Why is anyone talking about selling him. He is spending his first year in first team football. Going on loan is not the easiest thing to do, you need to quickly learn the players, coaches, club, language, culture etc. He started off in Germany for a team battling relegation, of course itnis going to be tough to cement a place in a team that can afford less risks. Bruge is a great teat for him, it looks like he is doing well, hopefully well enough to land a loan next season in the premiership or championship. He clearly has really good ability on the ball, pace and determination. He lacks experience and maturity which comes with more minutes. His contract will end in 2023, let's only judge him after next season, providing he manages to get another loan. Amad and Pellistri being around means nothing as Chong's best place is on the left wing.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Its possible but seems unlikely unless he crushes the division on this loan. Clearly Amad and Pellistri are now ahead of him in the pecking order so he's going to have to do a lot to change that and playing in a weaker league means he'd have to look too good for it.

Most likely he'll be a player we can sell to a bottom premier league team that would take a chance on him
I wouldn't be so sure. He is out on loan at the moment to a La Liga side and hasn't made an appearance with them yet and when he does he may not perform well enough for us to start him in the first team.

Mickson

Why did they want him? They seem to win their league easily and they chose not to register him for Europe. Squad depth for a few months?

onemanarmy

Why did they want him? They seem to win their league easily and they chose not to register him for Europe. Squad depth for a few months?
Sold 2 wingers in januari. They got him to add depth to the squad. He has couple of players that will start over him still.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looks like this loan is better than the Bremen one. Hopefully we can extend his deal and he gets lower there for the whole of next season, same with Garner and Forest.
Bremen was disastrous, their football was crap and not geared to a player who wants to attack

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Going on loan is not the easiest thing to do, you need to quickly learn the players, coaches, club, language, culture etc.
Chong is Dutch, playing in Flanders. He'll be fine.
Sold 2 wingers in januari. They got him to add depth to the squad. He has couple of players that will start over him still.
He's never going to displace Dost (striker) and Lang. Lang is versatile and has performed well playing LW, RW and nr. 10. There's no reason why Chong can't be a first choice winger alongside Lang if he keeps putting in performances like these. I'm not impressed by Brugge's other attacking options.

I'm doubtful he'll make it at United, but at least the loan is good for his development and market value.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
21 year olds that play first time football in a top tier PL club is the exception, not the rule. Football players generally don't hit their development peak before the age of 25 or even as late as 27-28 in some cases.

No one knows what wil become of him, he may very well take that next step, or he may not.Developing football talents is an educated guessinggame. Very few footballers have that god given talent that they are absolute beasts in their late teens, early 20s.

Luke Shaw has never played better football, he's taken huge steps this season and he is 25 years old.

There is still time for Tahith, it's good to see that he was directly involved with 2 assists (I count the one from the corner) and a goal. Hopefully he'll establish himself first as a first team regular, and then as a indisposable first team regular.

onemanarmy

He's never going to displace Dost (striker) and Lang. Lang is versatile and has performed well playing LW, RW and nr. 10. There's no reason why Chong can't be a first choice winger alongside Lang if he keeps putting in performances like these. I'm not impressed by Brugge's other attacking options.
He'll have to displace De Keetelaere, probably the best and most consistent young player in Belgium and a fan favorite. Has been excellent this season and might even get a call up for the National Team. But he'll get games, surely as Brugge has a few Covid cases at the moment, and they are cruising the league.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
He'll have to displace De Keetelaere, probably the best and most consistent young player in Belgium and a fan favorite. Has been excellent this season and might even get a call up for the National Team. But he'll get games, surely as Brugge has a few Covid cases at the moment, and they are cruising the league.
I'll take your word for it that he's a fan favourite. Sadly, I haven't been able to meet up with my Belgian mates since Covid. I don't rate De Ketelaere, sorry. If he's ahead of Chong in the pecking order, it'll be because he's owned by the club and Brugge can afford to not field their best every game.

onemanarmy

I'll take your word for it that he's a fan favourite. Sadly, I haven't been able to meet up with my Belgian mates since Covid. I don't rate De Ketelaere, sorry. If he's ahead of Chong in the pecking order, it'll be because he's owned by the club and Brugge can afford to not field their best every game.
He was in the top 50 of young players for the future list by L'équipe and apparently Uefa rate him too... :) We'll see what happens with him in the future. He's 2 years younger than Chong too.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...88-3dda4706173e-1000--ones-to-watch-for-2021/

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
He was in the top 50 of young players for the future list by L'équipe and apparently Uefa rate him too... :) We'll see what happens with him in the future. He's 2 years younger than Chong too.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...88-3dda4706173e-1000--ones-to-watch-for-2021/
Sorry, I can't take any list that has Bakker on it seriously :lol:

De Ketelaere is only a year younger than Chong and has 1 goal and 3 assists in 26 matches in a 2nd-rate league.
If Chong can't get into the side ahead of De Ketelaere in big games Chong won't make it at any EPL club.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
He had a nice assist on Lang for the 3-0 Sunday. He looks more like a important squad player than a guaranteed starter. No goals yet, but 3 or 4 assists in as many games. Sadly, he hasn't looked exceptional, which is kind of necessary if he's to make it for us. He's at stage where it's probably best to sell if he doesn't improve massively on this loan.