Tahith Chong

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He was 1 of the most cumbersome and awkward looking wingers I've ever seen, looked like a centre half playing on the wing. Such a strange signing
Yeah, I tend to reserve my judgements on players who are physically that much ahead of their age group, he was really a nothing player and is now playing in the 2nd division, not even a starter.

lysglimt

Scout
Van Velzen was a strange one - but we had a few of those during those years. At the age of 22 he is struggling to make an impact in Dutch football

Classical Mechanic

Yeah, I tend to reserve my judgements on players who are physically that much ahead of their age group, he was really a nothing player and is now playing in the 2nd division, not even a starter.
Chong looks a physical beast his for age in his video. Tends to use nothing but pace and strength to go past players. Not sure how fast he actually is though. Could be his hair making him look slower.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Gyliano van Velzen, that was poor scouting. He was twice as tall, big, strong as his age mates, ofcourse he'd stand out. He just has some street skills (few nutmegs, ronaldo flick and that) but he has got no intelligence, vision, passing etc besides that.
He was 1 of the most cumbersome and awkward looking wingers I've ever seen, looked like a centre half playing on the wing. Such a strange signing
Weren't there rumors on RedIssue that we had signed the wrong Ajax kid?

jb8521

Weren't there rumors on RedIssue that we had signed the wrong Ajax kid?
Yeah but thats not something that happens in reality. It was just a strange punt signing based on the player being available.

jb8521

Chong looks a physical beast his for age in his video. Tends to use nothing but pace and strength to go past players. Not sure how fast he actually is though. Could be his hair making him look slower.
He's definitely not a physical beast, he's extremely skinny. He is very quick though particularly his acceleration over the first few yards but has very good dribbling and ball control as well and is a good striker of the ball. He's scored 15 in around 20 games for Feyenoord's u17's this season as well while playing mainly on the wing and was the Netherlands best player in the first round of the u17 Euro qualifiers a few months ago

Classical Mechanic

He's definitely not a physical beast, he's extremely skinny. He is very quick though particularly his acceleration over the first few yards but has very good dribbling and ball control as well and is a good striker of the ball. He's scored 15 in around 20 games for Feyenoord's u17's this season as well while playing mainly on the wing and was the Netherlands best player in the first round of the u17 Euro qualifiers a few months ago
We should sign him up in that case.

jb8521

We should sign him up in that case.
As far as I know the deals for him, Lee O'Connor and Nishan Burkart are all agreed/close to being agree but can't be completed until the summer and we're interested in an u16 keeper from Hungary as well. Luca Ercolani is already completed and has been playing for the u16s but hasn't received his International clearance to play u18 yet

Classical Mechanic

As far as I know the deals for him, Lee O'Connor and Nishan Burkart are all agreed/close to being agree but can't be completed until the summer and we're interested in an u16 keeper from Hungary as well. Luca Ercolani is already completed and has been playing for the u16s but hasn't received his International clearance to play u18 yet
Are any of these known as top top prospects?

Pablo76

What happened to the last teenage Dutch winger we had? Can't recall his name but fairly sure he was highly rated when we signed him, didn't turn out to be much considering I can't even recall his name now.
Memphis? He's still around.

jb8521

Are any of these known as top top prospects?
Chong was wanted by all the big clubs. Burkart was wanted by Chelsea and Arsenal and has captained Switzerland u16s. O'Connor turned down Real Madrid and a few of the top English clubs, he's the Ireland u16 captain and plays for the u17s even though he's still 15 and he won the Irish player of the year for his age group the other night.

Classical Mechanic

Chong was wanted by all the big clubs. Burkart was wanted by Chelsea and Arsenal and has captained Switzerland u16s. O'Connor turned down Real Madrid and a few of the top English clubs, he's the Ireland u16 captain and plays for the u17s even though he's still 15 and he won the Irish player of the year for his age group the other night.
Sounds good. I look forward to seeing them. Exciting times you would say?

jb8521

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing them. Exciting times you would say?
Yeah all 3 of them are lightning quick as well so the u18s should be good to watch next season with the new signings and the likes of Angel Gomes coming up from the u16s. I'd expect there to be a few more signings as well since only 6 of this years u16s are being kept on and a few of the u18 eligible players are likely to be playing with the u21s

Classical Mechanic

Yeah all 3 of them are lightning quick as well so the u18s should be good to watch next season with the new signings and the likes of Angel Gomes coming up from the u16s. I'd expect there to be a few more signings as well since only 6 of this years u16s are being kept on and a few of the u18 eligible players are likely to be playing with the u21s
What positions do they play?

jb8521

What positions do they play?
Chong can play on either wing or as a 10. Burkart is a striker but can play on the wing as well and O'Connor plays right back for the Ireland u16s and right midfield for the u17s but has played cb and cm at times as well

Redo91

Not every day you hear of Real Madrid showing an interest in an Irish player. Good to hear.

m1y2

Looking good, cant see much quality in this attacking position in youth teams, rashford made a huge jump forward from u18 and is being made into a striker. Mitchell looked promising before the injury but from top of my head cant see any promising winger who could be around the first team in the next couple of seasons, so it's time to import some. Hope Harrop gets a chance even though he's not a classic wing player. Defense looks really good, and midfield.. not entirely convinced for the 1st team with Redmond, Willock, Goss but the u18 crop incl. TFM + angel gomes could come good hopefully

Sid234

Looking good, cant see much quality in this attacking position in youth teams, rashford made a huge jump forward from u18 and is being made into a striker. Mitchell looked promising before the injury but from top of my head cant see any promising winger who could be around the first team in the next couple of seasons, so it's time to import some. Hope Harrop gets a chance even though he's not a classic wing player. Defense looks really good, and midfield.. not entirely convinced for the 1st team with Redmond, Willock, Goss but the u18 crop incl. TFM + angel gomes could come good hopefully
Gribbin could get a shot next season, if he can get more consistent.. Maybe Kehinde?

forevrared

@FreddieBoswell7: If it's true United are signing Tahith Chong from Feyenoord they have done very well,Kid looks like George Best when in full flight.

@FreddieBoswell7: Same running style & balance.Kid just flows when on the ball.

Last edited:

Footyislife

I thought the scouting video was supposed to show Chong? All i saw was Januzaj in his younger days showing off his afro.

Mani

Composure in front of goal looks good,and that hair i like it.

jb8521

No he hasn't played for the first team he only turned 16 in December