Tahith Chong

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Give him a chance. He’s done more than Angel Gomes has this season to warrant being involved in the first team in my opinion, and I suspect that if he had ‘played a key role in England’s WC win’, he’d have made his debut by now, just as the rest of that squad has for a whole host of top clubs after basically being bullied into it by the media
Pretty much all of those that have been around their club's senior sides have been before the tournament even happened so it's hardly because the media bullied them into it.

datura

Given he's likely to be involved in the preseason tour, this is a nothing game and we have a cup final next week and the fans like to see the young kids get a chance it would be totally dumb to not have him and maybe Gomes and O'Connor on the bench. Reward for all the hard work this season.

Laurentiu amt

Don't think he'll play, but I'm sure he's gonna be part of the 1st team starting with the 2019-2020 season. He's still underdeveloped physically.

He needs to bulk up to have a chance in the 1st team, even in these meaningless games.

Gomes looks a bit better imo.

flappyjay

With a lot of the lads going to the world cup I expect him and Gomes to make our pre season squad. Hopefully they will impress enough to make a few cup appearances next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don't think he'll play, but I'm sure he's gonna be part of the 1st team starting with the 2019-2020 season. He's still underdeveloped physically.

He needs to bulk up to have a chance in the 1st team, even in these meaningless games.

Gomes looks a bit better imo.
Don’t think there’s much evidence of that this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he'd have done better in the youth cup game I reckon he'd have played. Fine margins.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he'd have done better in the youth cup game I reckon he'd have played. Fine margins.
I think Mourinho's saving his debut for next season, I bet he'll be more involved with the first team. I'm also fairly confident we'll take him on the pre-season tour, would've been nice to see him but as long as he's in Mourinho's plans then I'm not too worried.

Red4Life_#7

Just read this in Men:

It was former United defender Clayton Blackmore, then working as a youth coach at the club, who encouraged academy chiefs to sign the youngster after seeing a clip of him back in 2016.

"The second I saw him I said, 'We have got to get him'," he told MEN Sport. "The closest player I've seen to filling Ryan Giggs' boots was Angel Di Maria but Mr Van Gaal did not play him in the right position.

"He [Chong] could be the next one. He's playing on the wing, looking really good running with the ball as well like Ryan.”

Interesting... I thought it was Van Gaal influences in Holland that made us aware of him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just read this in Men:

It was former United defender Clayton Blackmore, then working as a youth coach at the club, who encouraged academy chiefs to sign the youngster after seeing a clip of him back in 2016.

"The second I saw him I said, 'We have got to get him'," he told MEN Sport. "The closest player I've seen to filling Ryan Giggs' boots was Angel Di Maria but Mr Van Gaal did not play him in the right position.

"He [Chong] could be the next one. He's playing on the wing, looking really good running with the ball as well like Ryan.”

Interesting... I thought it was Van Gaal influences in Holland that made us aware of him.
You would have thought so but it appears our scouting network is doing its job

deafepl

Absolutely has to go on tour, no need for Willian we already have one

Don't want to risk him in the league, if he gets major injuries, it would stop him from fro progressing. I hope he'll be on tour so I can enjoy watching him.

Gerald G

With a number of our players returning late due to the World Cup, he surely must be going on tour?

I would expect quite a few to go actually.

Sanchez, Mata, Martial
Herrera, Pereira, McTominay
Shaw, Blind, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia
Pereira

Those are our only players that will be available to start pre-season I think, which leaves a lot of holes in our squad and Chong should be one that goes.

Utdstar01

Don't want to risk him in the league, if he gets major injuries, it would stop him from fro progressing. I hope he'll be on tour so I can enjoy watching him.
:confused: why wouldn't we give him a chance in the league if he's too good for U23 level? He's been by far our best player in the U23s and has shown he deserves an opportunity. I don't want to see talents being wasted.

deafepl

:confused: why wouldn't we give him a chance in the league if he's too good for U23 level? He's been by far our best player in the U23s and has shown he deserves an opportunity. I don't want to see talents being wasted.
He's one of the most talented in the academy rank. I'm worried about being lightweight, he get fouled lot in U23 league, EPL is more physically than U23, I don't want him to get an injury because that would mean stopping him from progressing. Last time he had a major injury, he was out for a majority of the season. I have seen a lot of people getting an injury before they look like they are going to become very good. Injury can sometimes declare the players as they won't get back to the level they were. I don't want the same thing for Chong. I don't mind odd games and some games for 15 minutes camo.

yo@Kirk

Three matches in six days to start the preseason tour, plus travel. Going to need a lot of players. I'm sure Chong will be included.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Him and Gomes are absolute certs to go on, especially with the fact that this is WC year. The real question is whether Greenwood goes or not.

rampo

Absolutely has to go on tour, no need for Willian we already have one
If Chong is really as good as people say he is (I haven't seen him live, so don't have an opinion), I would actually prefer signing Willian than throwing money on Greizmann/Bale - I know its not my money and all, I just think it makes sense. Signing Willian will provide more opportunities to Chong than signing Bale/Greizmann imo

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Definitely needs to go on tour, and I must say, even considering any realistic signings we could make, he’s the player I’m most looking forward to seeing.

AgentP

If Chong is really as good as people say he is (I haven't seen him live, so don't have an opinion), I would actually prefer signing Willian than throwing money on Greizmann/Bale - I know its not my money and all, I just think it makes sense. Signing Willian will provide more opportunities to Chong than signing Bale/Greizmann imo
Signing Bale will give him a chance to play even more games as Bale will anyway be injured for most of the time!

Utdstar01

Him and Gomes are absolute certs to go on, especially with the fact that this is WC year. The real question is whether Greenwood goes or not.
I'd love to see that but I'd be very surprised.

MUFC OK

With a number of our players returning late due to the World Cup, he surely must be going on tour?

I would expect quite a few to go actually.

Sanchez, Mata, Martial
Herrera, Pereira, McTominay
Shaw, Blind, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia
Pereira

Those are our only players that will be available to start pre-season I think, which leaves a lot of holes in our squad and Chong should be one that goes.
Gomes put an instagram story saying getting ready for preseason, I reckon he knows he's going on tour already. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chong too.

Greenwood, it's a year too soon and I think Ethan Laird will be a knocking next year, he's showing maturity already.

Gerald G

Gomes put an instagram story saying getting ready for preseason, I reckon he knows he's going on tour already. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chong too.

Greenwood, it's a year too soon and I think Ethan Laird will be a knocking next year, he's showing maturity already.
I agree with everything you've said. Laird looks really good but I'm not trying to get ahead of myself.

I think it's a year too soon for Greenwood, but our lack of talent upfront for our u23s may mean he has an outside chance

In Rainbows

I think Greenwood has shown enough, if we're just going on quality of performances.

KevinJoh

He is not that young, 19 during next season, his body looks ready. I am more concerned for Gomes, but Chong looks ready for senior football. If Jose doesn't count on him this year, then move to Netherlands for a year would be good option I guess.

bdspeedy

Let meee seeee thaaaat Choooooong
That Chong, Chong, Chong, Chong, Chong.

Can’t see 76,000 singing that at OT, though :lol:
What about..... something along the lines of....Bang a gong, Tahith Chong, get it oonnn.... He does have hair that reminds one of the late, great, lovey and talented Marc Bolan.

Dolf

What about..... something along the lines of....Bang a gong, Tahith Chong, get it oonnn.... He does have hair that reminds one of the late, great, lovey and talented Marc Bolan.
Nah mate, this is Messi's and Gullit's lovebaby.

lysglimt

Scout
:lol: I just wish there was a right winger somewhere we could buy with the name of Cheech.
we could sign Shane Long and Gaetan Bong - and the commentator would probably be sued by quite a few asians for mocking them! :)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Give him some of Fred the PED's supplements. With the lack of RW's out there we need him soonish.