Tahith Chong

spenzo

Yeah all 3 of them are lightning quick as well so the u18s should be good to watch next season with the new signings and the likes of Angel Gomes coming up from the u16s. I'd expect there to be a few more signings as well since only 6 of this years u16s are being kept on and a few of the u18 eligible players are likely to be playing with the u21s
Which ones are going? Heard something about Lewis Thompson which surprised me. I'd expect the likes of Tanner and Barlow to get contracts and Gomes goes without saying.

jb8521

Which ones are going? Heard something about Lewis Thompson which surprised me. I'd expect the likes of Tanner and Barlow to get contracts and Gomes goes without saying.
As far as I know Dunne, Barrett, Spratt, Barlow, Tanner and Gomes were the one's offered deals

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As far as I know Dunne, Barrett, Spratt, Barlow, Tanner and Gomes were the one's offered deals
How has Jimmy Dunne been doing? If I recall correctly he was injured quite a bit at the start of the season? Of course it's incredibly competitive at the CB options in the academy at the moment.

jb8521

How has Jimmy Dunne been doing? If I recall correctly he was injured quite a bit at the start of the season? Of course it's incredibly competitive at the CB options in the academy at the moment.
Im not a fan of his he's decent on the ball but he has no pace at all and teams tend to target him as a weakness and expose him fairly easily

spenzo

Im not a fan of his he's decent on the ball but he has no pace at all and teams tend to target him as a weakness and expose him fairly easily
That's being kind. He's been captain as well since Roshaun moved up hasn't he? Quite surprised by that.

jb8521

That's being kind. He's been captain as well since Roshaun moved up hasn't he? Quite surprised by that.
He is generally decent with the ball at his feet it's when he has to run after people that he has problems. Tyrell Warren has been the captain lately

WhoDaGOAT

He was born during the treble winning season. I'm getting old, and I was born in the 90's.

This kid's hair is sick, Fergie would have made him shave it off.

Charlie Foley

I am a firm supporter in signing anyone whose name is an anagram of 'Ah, thong itch!'

jb8521

Maybe we can arrange employment for his parents here as a way to getting him?
I'm sure it happens with lower profile young players but its only legal to sign foreign players under 16 if the parents have moved to the country for other reasons and then the player ends up signing for a club. Clubs can't sign players and then find the parents a job. Doing it with young players who are already well known and highly rated would be a bit too obvious

khoazany

I know nothing about this case but I don't think we can circumvent the rule to sign Zamani with his already well-known reputation among that circle.He's the best talent of Ajax 2002 group (they have the likes of Nouri Cheung who's very good as well) and from what I recall usually play up with their 2001 group.It sounds like the rumor linking Chelsea with Barca's Xavi Simons which never happened.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm sure it happens with lower profile young players but its only legal to sign foreign players under 16 if the parents have moved to the country for other reasons and then the player ends up signing for a club. Clubs can't sign players and then find the parents a job. Doing it with young players who are already well known and highly rated would be a bit too obvious
Cheers for clearing that up mate. I guess we'll have to settle for Chong for now.

Natener

Zamani and Chong doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely as Cheech and Chong. :(

jb8521

Very impressive performance from Chong today, he was involved in all 4 Feyenoord goals as they beat Ajax u17s 4-1

Red Stone

The first touch for his first assist was phenomenal. Looks more than just a kid who developed quickly physically from the looks of it. He can pick out a team mate with a good pass and has solid technique.

spenzo

Very impressive performance from Chong today, he was involved in all 4 Feyenoord goals as they beat Ajax u17s 4-1

Possibly the best showcase of his pace we'll get before he joins. He looks very good and strikes me as a real team player from all of the clips I've seen of him, which is becoming less common amongst wingers nowadays. Any idea who the number 7 is? Looks decent and has fantastic delivery.

jb8521

Possibly the best showcase of his pace we'll get before he joins. He looks very good and strikes me as a real team player from all of the clips I've seen of him, which is becoming less common amongst wingers nowadays. Any idea who the number 7 is? Looks decent and has fantastic delivery.
The 7 is Cheick Toure, very highly rated and only recently turned 15 so was playing 2 years above his age level today

Trizy

Sign all of Ajax's star young player I say, they've a brilliant youth system!

spenzo

The 7 is Cheick Toure, very highly rated and only recently turned 15 so was playing 2 years above his age level today
I'm quite the talent spotter then clearly :lol: Thanks, knew you'd know.

Irrational.

In case we end up getting him, I'd like to copyright the headline 'Chong on song: doesn't take long to prove the doubters wrong' after his first match-winning contribution for us.