Tahith Chong

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It should be a requirement that every player who signs for us has to cut their hair because that thing on his head is just ridiculous.
What's ridiculous about it? It's his natural hair.

spenzo

Never seen so many men so angry about a young boy's hair boy before... it's not doing you any harm and he can do what he wants with it (personally think it's great). Would prefer to discuss his ability, with his signing and the others that are on their way and the likes of Tanner and Barlow stepping up, I'm really excited to watch the under 18s next year.

Septoe

What's ridiculous about it? It's his natural hair.
I just think it looks kinda stupid tbh it's like he's got a poodle on his head.

I was just joking anyway, he can have his hair any style he wants.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Agreed. The best thing about this signing is not his hair, his set pieces or his talent. It's the fact that he actually chose Man United before any other. It's been some time since I remember feeling that we were the attractive side.!
Pretty much every player has more than 1 club going in for them so virtually everyone who signs for us will have chosen us over another club.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Pretty much every player has more than 1 club going in for them so virtually everyone who signs for us will have chosen us over another club.
True. But I interpret it the way players know a days speak about joining Barcelona. I think we need players who wants to play for Manchester United, not because we pay best or because it's better than the other options - but because it's United. The way we use to attract players.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Wait, what's going on? Is he officially a United player? I'm so confused.

We need an rvn

One thing is for certain, we've signed (I think) one of Holland'a hottest prospect who has put a pic of himself in a united shirt before he's officially signed. Is it just me to see a great tallent sign for us, forgive me if I'm wrong but odegaard sign for Real and we kicked up a fuss but he's done feck all and we've signed the Dutch equivalent

jb8521

That twitter account is fake, the Instagram 1 is real though

Sigma

I so want him to do well just because his hair and the fact that he actually smiles in photos!

m1y2

so when is this fella going to be unveiled? It's the biggest secret in the world now, or no official announcement? You'd think his signing would perfectly work as a teaser to more prominent signings..

on a different note it will be interesting to see how he does alongside Angel Gomes, pacy winger with great dribbling skills is what we needed for that age group

FromTheBench

so when is this fella going to be unveiled? It's the biggest secret in the world now, or no official announcement? You'd think his signing would perfectly work as a teaser to more prominent signings..

on a different note it will be interesting to see how he does alongside Angel Gomes, pacy winger with great dribbling skills is what we needed for that age group
We generally dont announce such signings. He will just get involved once he gets international clearance which takes ridiculously long for youth players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Chong, Fellaini. All that's needed is for us to sign Witsel. Think it's about time we sign up a shampoo & conditioner sponsor. If we haven't already, of course.

m1y2

Chong, Fellaini. All that's needed is for us to sign Witsel. Think it's about time we sign up a shampoo & conditioner sponsor. If we haven't already, of course.
I am sure Woody already figured that out

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am following him for some time on social media. From what I've seen he looks good on the football field but it's nothing special, those videos are made to highlight his qualities, not his mistakes. I am concerned however, by his character. From what i gather in these few months he is more eager to be in the light of the reflectors rather than into the sporting side of football. I guess we will see how he does.

jb8521

I am following him for some time on social media. From what I've seen he looks good on the football field but it's nothing special, those videos are made to highlight his qualities, not his mistakes. I am concerned however, by his character. From what i gather in these few months he is more eager to be in the light of the reflectors rather than into the sporting side of football. I guess we will see how he does.
He did a couple of interviews because he was getting a huge amount of abuse from Feyenoord fans who were saying he was only leaving for money. Both of our other u18 signings O'Connor and Burkart gave interviews about signing for United as well. The only thing he had on social media was a photo of his friends giving him a cake when he was leaving the rest was stuff from a fake twitter account. It's not his fault that the media are making a bigger deal about his signing than they do about other youth signings and to be questioning his character is pretty ridiculous. He also continued to be very impressive for Feyenoord u17 team and helped them to win the cup after he had already agreed to join United and played for Netherlands u17s at the European Championships so I don't see how he was neglecting the sporting side.

Last edited:

Tiber

Have never seen so much twitter hype about a youth signing (since maybe Pogba) I hope he is the real deal!

Tiber

I seem to have said this in the previous comment a few weeks ago :wenger:... but good lord I struggle to remember a youth signing ever having so much media coverage.

Is this kid the real deal?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The kids jawline is pretty marvelous if we're all being honest here...no homo though!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This reminds of the old SuperGreg the old Sasha Cohen character mocking DJs in the early 2000s.

lostcauz

I seem to recall seeing on Twitter that he played for our under 18s on Friday.